Options

Losing it with Nam and Bear

Comments

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Glad your normal appetite is coming back Caz image
  • Options

B, I just did the race to get the lion t-shirt, the lion medal is a bonus, GRR. image

My more detailed race report is now on my blog.

• Options

Evening all,

Hope you all had a good Christmas and have been eating lots as is the tradition.

I know I have but I'm going on a 10 mile trail run in the morning so hopefully that'll help.,

• Options
    Morning all...I've a few pounds on me but I've been good these last couple of days...I'll indulge again tomorrow (MrGFB's birthday image )
    but will step back up on the wagon again...I've set myself a couple of new year's resolutions...

To lose at least another stone (and a half if possible) by my wedding anniversary 10th April - it's our 25th image

To bring our lunch in every day instead of popping out to the shops...cheaper and better control of my diet

To run a decent marathon in June (hopefully sub 5 hours)

We're set for the Evrest marathon in May 2013 so to train for this by doing loads of hill walking as well this year

To get as fit as possible.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    We have been away for a few days. Have had a great time and eaten more than usual, but not too mad ... however feel like I have put on a few pounds over the last few non-running weeks. Body pump tomorrow but start running again on the 1st and (apart from maybe a day off for my birthday) I am going to really get back to a proper training programme.

That Everest race sounds very exciting gfb, as does Silver Wedding Anniversary ... it will be 20 years for us next year image
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year losers image

First run in two months for me today. Only 2.15 miles and very wet and windy, but it was good image
  • Options

Happy New Year B and everyone else.

Well done on the run, I'm doing a cross country run tomorrow.  Fingers crossed it's not too wet & muddy.

I'm dreading getting onto the scales and i fear I'm back into the 10's, never mind I can lose it with my marathong training.

My aim this year is:-

• To get back down to 9st,
    • Run the marathon in April and hopefully get a good tiime, under 5 and a half hours would be great. 
    • Try and eat at least 1 piece of fruit and veg per day
    • Take control of my fiances once and for all.

We'll see how it goes.

• Options

7 lbs in 10 days bloody hell. No more booze,cheese,cakes,

• Options

I'm preparing myself to get back on the scales for the first time in 6 weeks. Gave myself all of December off, and I think I'll have finished all the goodies by 12th night, so I'll be back on the wagon next weekend. nothing serious, just the usual no snacks, no chocolates, biscuits etc that i was doing before.

Still trying to decide when to weigh in. Work's changed, such that monday mornings are no longer possible. Thinking Monday night, then I'll weigh in and wii fit for a bit. Although with Sunday being usual long run day, I'm wondering if that's the best idea.

My aims for the year are similar to Prawnie's (although offset a bit, as she's a shrimp!)

• Turn 40 with dignity & sense of humour intact (unlikely!)
    • finish my first marathon - ideally run it. training for 5 hrs ish, but finish will do me.
    • get down below 10st and stay there. target of 9st7. honestly can't remember when I was last that weight, but I'm guessing pre-teens. So it'd be something to get back there, 30ish years later!

Hope everyone's well, and not feeling too bad post Christmas! It happens, Roy, but it is reversable. Maybe the weather will continue nice and we'll all be back out running and feeling the burn *said with many fingers crossed*

• Options
    I'm slowly getting abck into the exercise.  I've written myself a training plan and am trying hard to stick to it.  Thankfully yesterday was my running day and today I am supposed to be in the pool, as there is no way I am running in that weather today!
  • Options
    Quote...*Take control of my fiances once and for all.*

Looks like Prawnie is one of those big love people image

I've not weighed in this week...I have started my marathon training though...2 miles yesterday. image
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭

lol gfb, I hope Mr Prawnie doesn't mind Prawnie taking control of her fiances image

Turning 40 with dignity and sense of humour - I like it HL image I have liked my 40s, got another birthday coming soon though and 50 is getting closer *gulp*

Yesterday I did two walks totalling about 1 hour 20 mins and a body pump class. Unfortunately for me today is my run day - it is silly windy and wet out, so I think I will go to the gym later and use a treadie.

Not much Christmassy food left here, just some chocolate that we will try to ration to a bit after dinner in the evening. So back to healthy eating and lots of exercise

• Options

OK, I'm going to start logging my food on here again.  I'm not going to count calories yet as there si too much junk in the house, but reporting back what I have eaten might help me to focus.

So far today:  Breakfast of porridge with a tablespoon of mixed nuts and a very large handful of grapes.  It's the first time I have had a healthy breakfast in a couple of months.

Lunch will be cheese and biscuits as I forgot to put the breadmaker on this morning.  Dinner is going to be something with left over venison.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    5k on the treadie and 20 mins core at the gym, and about 50 mins walk earlier
  • Options
    Somehow it's easier to keep a lid on daytime eating when at work - maybe the temptation just isn;t there! Been reasonably good yesterday, and the hill sprints into a 45 degree headwind were rather difficult! Felt I was heading left the whole time to go straight up the hill.
  • Options

Back with internet access with a trip back to the far east for christmas/new year. I had suitable nutritional intake over this time but there was some vegetables in my meals that my mum made. Only exercise was 2 5km parkruns, an easy swim with niece and nephew plus a few hours on the Wii.

I will have to work out my cunning training plan for the year and enter a few more races, so far just the outlaw triathlon (a long distance/Ironman race).

More shockingly I only gained 1 3/4lb and 3% body fat over the two weeks, I was expecting at least double that.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Welcome back ITB image
    Core stability and about 4 miles walked today. Would have done another walk but the weather turned really bad again ...
  • Options
    3 mile treadmill run for me....it was either that or dice with death with gales and trees and rain and all!!
  • Options

Evening all,

Oops for the typo.

HL I turn 40 this year too. image

5 miles cross country race on Monday, completed in 53 mins so pleased with that.  6.5 miles club run last night and 1 hour 1 to 1 session this morning.  Now having a lazy evening on the sofa.

Had fruit and veg yesterday but no fruit today.  Had some veg today though so that's better than nowt!

• Options
    mitiogmitiog ✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Mind if I join in?

I've just started Weight Watchers and was wondering if anyone else here follows that plan? I tried to search but RW told me that "searching has been disabled".

Thanks,

mitiog
  • Options

Hi Mitiog,

Most of us here subscribe to the healthy, balanced diet appraoch to eating.  Some of us calorie count, some just try to cut back on the bad foods, and some are trying to get the balance between eating and exercise.  What we don't do are fad diets for rapid weight loss.  You are welcome to join us.  It's nice to see a new face and WW can be quite a good diet if you also make sure that you get all your food groups.

I promised I was going to start recording my food to make me accountable, so here is yesterdays account:

B: None
    L: Bread and pate, cake
    S: Cake and 2 biscuits
    D: Rice with turkey and leeks in a tomato sauce.
    E: 30 min swimming.

That looks a little over calories but I'm not counting until next week when Hubby goes back to work.  THe lack of breakfast is not good.  When I worked I was a real stickler for eating breakfast but over the last couple of months it has gone out of the window.  Must address that bad habit first.

• Options
    Yes! I've just joined WW, started on Monday. So far so good!
  • Options
    mitiogmitiog ✭✭✭
    Thanks SuperCaz - I've done loads of different diets before and never managed to maintain weight loss. I don't like the idea of "dieting" as such, I'd rather focus on normal healthy eating but having tried that for 6 months and got nowhere I felt that I needed some kind of structure and WW is basically a simplified way of calorie counting. I thought I'll try it for 3 months and see if it helps. We're all different and I guess that's what makes weight loss so hard.

Good luck Huffapuff image
  • Options

I've never followed anything other than a calorie controlled diet, which I finds works for me as it takes into account my level of exercise.  For example I might have 1200 cals per day, but I can add on 700 cals if I run for an hour, or 550 if I swim for an hour.  So if I do both on the same day then I get a total of 2450 (if my maths is correct), which means that I can have some cake or wine.

Does WW also allow you to eat more to fuel your exercise?

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Welcome mitiog and huffapuff image

Very windy walk to and fro the gym (4 miles) and body pump class this morning. I might do a short run later as I might not fit tomorrow's run in ...

We have nearly finished all the Christmas goodies, basically eating healthy meals, but finishing up a fruit cake, so having that on top. Once that is out of the way I will aim for a claorie deficit every day, a walk every day and some other exercise at least 6 days a week.
  • Options

Welome Mitiog and Huffapuff,

I don't count calories as such but just try to eat a healthier diet and get some balance back.  Try logging your food on here, some feel that it really does help.  Looking back on what you've eaten is good so that you can see if you are going wrong anywhere.

Was meant to do hill work at the running club tonight but my legs ache from my one to one session yesterday morning.  Walking like John Wayne isn't a good look. image.  Still got loads of chocolate and stuff left over so like B will finish that up and get back to it.

• Options

Todays food:

B: Porridge with mixed nuts and grapes
    L: Cheese and biscuits, cake
    D: Not sure what to call this.  Slices of parsnip, onion and mushrooms baked with cheese and milk, served with left over venison in a tomato sauce.  Small glass of port.

No exercise today, and no snacking either.

• Options

On the latest MarathonTalk.com podcast that I listen to they had a few good tips which are aimed at spring marathon but point 3 is relevant, they go in to these heading a bit more detail in the podcast.

I think I can slightly improve my already excellent nutrition plan, although I think my portion size is on the large side so I would have to reduce a bit.

Five things to think about...

1 - Find a sustainable routine

2 - Focus on where you are

3 - Eat well, not less

4 - Find a running friend

5 - Plan your schedule all the way through

• Options

Progress towars ITBs podcast:

1 - still hunting

2 - Is focusing on a bad patch a good idea?  I suppose it means that I should stop comparing myself to where I was a year ago.

3 - Eating very well, and certainly not less, although I suspect that they mean a balanced diet and not just cake.

4- I have lots of running friends but they aren't doing the same type of training as me

5 - My schedule so far is only planned one week in advance, although I have a basic structure.

Sound like I have a lot to do if I want to get through my marathon.  Oh dear.

• Options
    I have no mercy...it doesn't matter what bad stuff is left - it gets binned. It might be a waste - but it's not going to my waist lol! image