Options

Losing it with Nam and Bear

Comments

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    We have finished the cake so No more rubbish food for me! image

ITB I LOVE marathontalk podcasts image You could go on there as a nutrition expert, I don't think I've ever heard them mention spam fritters or chips as ideal running food image

4.6 mile run yesterday morning and about an hour walk
    Today Body Pump and about two hours walking

• Options

Yesterdays food:

B: Porridge with nuts and marmalade
    L: Cheese and biscuits
    S:The last of the New Year cake
    D: Lasagne

Hmm, looking healthier but portion size needs addressing.  No exercise due to being a lazy so and so.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I feel like I am starting over with running this year so I have decided not to aim for a marathon and instead have entered the GSR. Really looking forward to training up gradually and hopefully getting some speed back in my running before October. I love ten mile races, is anyone else doing it this year?
  • Options
    I might be marshalling and if not I will be supporting.  I doubt I will run it again as it is on my home turf and I can run that route for free any time I want to.
  • Options

Yesterdays food

B: Porridge with nuts and marmalade
    L: Cheese and biscuits
    S: Cake and cashew nuts
    D: Bacon sandwich
    E: Walk into town and back (probably about 45 min)

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Be good to see a friendly face image I was a bit shocked at the price, but I really fancy doing it and it will be my big target this year. I really hope I get better weather than when I did it ... though it would be difficult to be worse, headwind and horizontal rain! There is a 9mile off road race at the end of February I might do, I should be back up to about ten miles by then ...other than that I might do a few shorter races and my first ever parkrun
  • Options

Afternoon all,

Hubby and I were thinking off doing GSR again this year, being an ex navy boy he likes coming down the Pompey.

Had a cross country run today, managed it 13 mins quicker than last year.  I forgot my watch so didn't know my time until I crossed the finish line.  Pleased with that, now training for the marathon in April.

• Options

GSR is local to mum, so it's a possibility. Couldn't see how much entry is on the website, and don't subscribe, so can't see it on here either. Eyepoppingly bad? Not run a 10 mile race, so could be a PB image

• Options
    I think it is supposed to be the most expensive race per mile in the country, HL.
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    It was 40 quid HL, which is a bit steep. It includes a t-shirt, but not sure if that is a tech one ... It is a good PB course with lots of support and a proper big race feel. 10 miles is a lovely distance to race image It would be good if a few people do it

My LSR was 5 miles today, it felt hard and was very slow. I know I just need to keep at it and it will become easier, so first week done.
    3 runs 3.11, 4.6 and 5 miles. 3 Body Pump classes. 1 core staility class and 20 mins extra core work. The food is coming back under control. Calorie deficits today and yesterday, so planning to continue with that and lose these few pounds that have come back in the last couple of months image
  • Options

Well I had my first weight watchers weigh in yesterday- 3.5 lbs off in 5 days. It was probably mostly bloat but I definitely feel healthier and more energetic. It seems to be a very good diet for runners as you can eat unlimited fruit and veg and earn activity points to spend on extra food/ treats. I'm training for Brighton but haven't felt any adverse effects from the diet yet, though it's still early days.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Well done on the loss Huffapuff, 3.5lbs is great image
  • Options

Evening all.

Good going on the loss, Huffapuff. That's a lot to loose in one week - don't expect it to stay at that rate! I'm training for Brighton as well.

Jumped back on the scales for the first time since the beginning of december. 3 lb up in 6 weeks doesn't strike me as awful, considering it was Christmas and I feel like I've eaten my body weight in chocolates!

bounced about on the wii for 40 minutes as well.

40 squids is a lot for 10 miles. Will need to think about that one.

• Options

Not sure if bike, run 5km and bike was a good idea before a 3 hour gym session on Saturday, still aching!!

On Sunday I marshalled at our XC league race and was pleasantly surprised that there was still food left when we got back. So about 12 sandwiches later I decided it was time to leave but I did not take bag of them home with me.

Still only 1 race entered, need to get my training/race plan together.

• Options

Well done Huffapuff!

Yesterdays food:

B: Millionaires shortbread
    L:  Pate sandwich
    S: Slice of bread and butter
    D: Pie and chips at the pub
    E: 2 x 3k runs 1 hour with my PT and a 20 mion swim in the sea.

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster on the food front as I hadn't been shopping since 20th Dec and was desperatly low on proper food.  The shortbread needed eating up so at least that is gone, and the pub dinner was after my sea swim.  On a positive note I managed to get a good amount of exercise in and now ache all over today.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Monday - a walk and body pump
    Tuesday - two walks and a 5k run
    Wed - just a walk. My core stability class was full so I decided to have a rest day
    Today - walk and body pump with a mile on the treadie to warm up

I hope everyone else is going well ... my food has been much better ...
  • Options

Opps forgot to post food for a couple of days.

Generally been getting better.  The last of the cake was finished yesterday so not much else naughty in the house now.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, I have pigged out on all the wrong things while I have been in London for a couple of days. I have done loads of walking, but not enough to offset the chocolate mountain ... Run day tomorrow, will try for 6 ...
  • Options
    Visited a friend for a few days so didn't watch what I ate at all.  Pizza for dinner one day, fish and chips another.  All other food was reasonable but there was rather a lot of butter in the food he prepared for me.  Tasted lovely.
  • Options

I must being good, as not had any chips for weeks.

Thought I would share the following podcasts I listen to, they are american but are good and short  (about 5 minutes) as based on just the one topic. I have found some if the topics interesting and have changed some of my training based on them.

http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/

http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/

• Options

Yesterdays food:

B: Porridge with nuts and pineapple
    L: Omelette, Nak'd bar
    S: Cashew nuts
    D: Baked potato with curried chicken
    E: 10k race

That feels more on target.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I have just had a nakd bar, tastes like choc but is actually healthy fruit image

Managed 6.2 miles yesterday and it felt ok.

Body pump and 2 mile walk each way to and fro the gym. Another walk this afternoon and back on healthy food. It's my birthday FridY though so I have a few social things involving food to come, so will try to be ok with food this week, but get properly back on track from Monday
  • Options

Hi all,

I seem to have managed to loose 3 lb this week. Not quite sure how! The mileage is ramping up, 33 miles this wek, including one of 19. And I have tried to not snack, but I felt like I ate my own body weight in chocolate after saturday's long run.

Another week of running and no snacking, and eating properly, and we'll see where that gets me. Really want to get below 10 stone, that would be some milestone for me.

• Options

Just a snippet of good news - been to the docs this morning, "please stand on the scales" Having removed my walking boots (it was icy) I weighed in at under 10 stone!

I still want to see that reading on my routine weigh in, but it can be done. Lost over a stone since I was last weighed at the docs. So all good news. And the doc was quite complimentary too, so that's a nice confidence booster. Not that I'll be celebrating just yet... BMI still in the less than ideal range.

• Options

Well done HL!  That is really good news.

Yesterdays food:

B: Porridge with nuts and pineapple
    S: Some left over marzipan from Christmas
    L: Couscous with chicken
    D: Parsnip and tuna bake, cider
    E: Strength session with my PT.

Shouldn't have had the marzipan, but at least it is gone now.  I also did the food shopping and didn't buy a single item of junk food, so I should be up for a better week this week.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Well done on the weightloss HL, and on the long run too image
    Run day for me today, but will do it later ... maybe at the gym if it stays this cold brrr!
  • Options
    Morning all...well done on the weight loss HL image

I'm still treading water (figuratively!) with my weight...still maintaining which is not what I want! I'll have a good look at what I'm doing and see what I can tweak image
  • Options

Did a good 800m swim time trial last night (in warm pool) followed by a 5 mile run in 0c. Shockingly I enjoyed the run and also did not have any cakes that afternoon that somebody had brought in to the office. Normal operations have resumed today though image

GFB, have you tried changing you nutrition and or exercise a bit? From the podcasts I posted yesterday they are saying your body gets use to a certain level (I forgot the technical term), so is good to change the routine a bit every so often, plus it stops you getting bored with it and falling of the wagon.

• Options
    I think I might just do that ITB - will have a good think. image
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I need to have a listen to those podcasts too ...

Went to the gym and did 4 miles on the treadie last night, plus a long walk with my Mum in the morning

Core stability class this morning ...