Options

Losing it with Nam and Bear

Comments

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    1 mile on the treadmill and 45 minute core stability class done. Want togo for a walk, but waiting for the rain to stop ...
  • Options

Saying that I some how gained 1 1/2 lb this week!!

So a good 4 hours at the gym this morning (weights, pilates, 2 spin classes and a swim) and a planned 5 or 6 mile run before club run session tonight. Not a bad days training on my day off.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    TWO spin classes?! I nearly die after one!
  • Options

That's were the tractor power comes in. image

So tonight was just the 11.5 miles ran with 3.5 miles being speedwork. Got another pilates and spin classes thursday night. Can you tell my ironman training has started.

More shocking than my training today, is I had 3 vegetables as part of my dinner tonight!!! I will have to have some suitable "recovery" drink to wash the taste out.

• Options

Yesterdays food:

B: Muesli with yogurt and pineapple
    L: Bagette bought at the train station
    D: Chargrilled chicken with chips and salad
    E: About 2 hours of walking.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I did eventually get out for another walk yesterday afternoon.

Today I did body oump with a one mile trot on the treadie to warm up. Lovely hour walk in a beautiful Nat Trust garden this afternoon. Had a piece of cake, but food going really well this week image
  • Options

Morning.

I was down another 1 lb last night. 10 st 2. sooo nearly there...

This week I have:
    run 31 miles (inc 15 mile race),
    done a 2 hr yoga class
    wii fitted for 45 minutes

I've also been eating reasonably, although when I'm staying away it gets a bit what hit & miss. Depends what I can find in tesco's rather than full meal type things. usually a pasty or similar, yoghurt & fruit, so hopefully covering most of the food groups. Ate loads Sunday evening - even had dessert, and had a few biscuits yesterday - but felt they were deserved.

• Options

Down 2 1/2 lb this week and got my new techie toy/training aid (Garmin 910)  image

It counts the lengths of the pool for me.

• Options
    Eating has been all over the place - some days I've missed meals and other days I have made up for it.  But I did manage to do 10 x 400m reps yesterday.
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    K had kindly given me a virus and It is hanging around so I haven't run for a while. I have still been doing some gym classes but awill be missing our first Parkrun today which is a shame. When the lemsip starts to works I am planning to go and support ..
  • Options
    I've got a cold too - main symptom is a cough so no exercise for me.  Food has been a bit erratic due to a sore throat meaning I can't eat much.
  • Options

up 1lb this week, which is not bad due to lack of exercise and work stuff.

Another good thing from the podcast I mentioned previously. They said it does not matter about good days or bad days on a diet but your mean (average) days throughout the year. Being a techie I like the mathematical description for if you fall of the wagon it does not matter as long as you get back on it.

• Options

My diet works along those lines ITB - as long as you average out over a period of a week (or you could chose a month) it doens't matter if you indulge occassionally.

Talking of which I am logging food again.  If you discount the chocoalte I have had then I would be on target. image  But I have been eating a lot more fruit and veg.

• Options

Training going well. Saturday morning -7c ideal weather for a 5km parkrun and somehow was my quickest time at my home event in over a year!! Then 2 1/2 hours at the gym followed by a LARGE portion of chips on the way home. image It is my first lot of chips this year I think.

Then tonight I cooked some new food I heard yesterday called Hawaiian Loco Moco (the link is to my blog with photo if you have not seen on FB). It tasted really nice especially with thicker gravy.

• Options
    I've been sticking to my diet fairly well for the last week, and yesterday my PT said that I looked slimmer, although I haven't stepped on the scales so I can't confirm this.  My mojo is also coming back, helped by a huge injection of endorphins by my PT yesterday so today I am eager to get out there!
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I ran a mile on the treadmill today! First trot for ages and it felt ok, so I will try another one tomorrow. I also did a couple of walks totalling about 1 hour 45 mins and a core stability class.

I too have been eating healthily for the last few days, if I can get back running and keep walking and doing classes the weight should start to come off again ...
  • Options

Down 3/4 lb this week but clothes feeling loser.

Today was back on the ITB exercise wagon, with 3 1/2 hours at the gym this morning and a 10 mile run tonight with a few "recovery" cakes between the sessions image

• Options
    Healthy eating still on track and exercise slowly coming back.  I managed a 1 hour swim, an intervals session and a sea swim on Tuesday.  Yesterday was a rest day, but today I plan to get into the gym and the pool.
  • Options

Down 1 3/4 lb this week, not bad for having a pie sandwich image

Perhaps all the extra exercise helped, not sure if -11c parkrun in the snow was a good idea but warmed up with the post run cafe visit image

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭

haha ITB, love the pic image I like pies ...

I have been good with my food and exercise for the last week or so. I am keeping a record of my food and making sure I get a deficit, I am planning a run longer than 1 mile tomorrow as my virus finally seems to have gone, but I have been doing body pump and core work. I want to lose 7lbs, so seven week plan ...

• Options

Down 1/2 lb this week which is good due to the volume of food and amount of exercise I did this week.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Well done On the loss ITB. My weit seems fairly static and my food has been good, so think I need to up my daily exercise, so I have gone back to walking to and fro the gym and other extra walks on top of normal exercise ... hopefully will see a loss this week ..
  • Options
    Not weighing myself this week due to a lack of exercise as tapering and the amount of cakes eaten. On the plus side week of hard training this week.
  • Options
    Have a great weeks training ITB image

I'm having to catch myself on...I've gained back about 5 pounds of the stone and a half that I lost...and I feel every one of them. New start today...went a 3 mile hard walk and back to low carb for me.

*waddles out of thread*
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    I have been exercising and calorie counting for a couple of weeks and not really lost anything much so am upping the exercise and trying to cut back food. I am being quite strict as I really want to see a difference on the scales ... I have lost round my waist though.

• Options

Evening all,

Been busy marathon training at the moment but have managed to stay in the 9's and lost a little bit more weight.  Down to 9st 9lb now so pleased with that, all the training and one to one sessions are definitely paying off.

Did a 20 mile trail run today, feeling knackered now though.  Early night I think.

Hope everyone is ok and training/weight loss is going well.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Prawnie image

Great losing and running there! I haven't done a 20 miler for about a year, not surprised you are knackered, well done! You doing VLM?

I am doing lots of training but not much of it running. Have been really good on food too and finally my weight has moved downward by a couple of pounds image

• Options
    Interesting - I'm down 4 of those 5 pounds...(Boys might want to pass on to the next post) - I've just had my first TOTM without a period...(thanks to my wee op last month - (http://www.spirehealthcare.com/Our-Treatments/Body-Map-and-A-Z/A-Z-Treatments/Endometrial-ablation-surgery/?gclid=CNvlmNi6z64CFYwMtAod5i9BAg) sorry can't do links...I had all the build up to a normal period...a wee bit of PMS, sore boobies and bloating - I gained 4 pounds and was retaining fluid.

This lasted for about 4 days and then it went away...I guess I can stick that out each month...good to know what's going to happen.
  • Options

Yes B I'm VLM ing in a few weeks, eek!

GFB glad you lost the 4lbs and as you say it's nice to know the reasoning behind it.

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the op has improved things then gfb?
    Great that you are doing VLM Prawnie, I am going to be supporting at Mudchute, should be fun image
    Body pump for me today. I did 6.35 miles on Tuesday, the furthest in ages, and another 3 yesterday, so I am planning to try to do 4runs each week to get back in the habit, but keep up the body pump and core stuff and lots of walking. I want my extra weight gone by the end of April ...