Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options
    Sheils-Sheils- ✭✭✭

Give us that trumpet again pleaseimage I've never managed to get under 40 mins at a Trunce yet, tried to last time but got 40.08- last night I did 39.14, well chuffed with that!

And, Nicola S (Smiley Pacer) knocked 2 mins off her best time.

That's all. Back to work.

• Options
    Morning!

All hail the PB queen Sheils! Well done lady! image

Dids - just a little race I have this weekend, nowt special image

Len - there'll be an athlete tracker on ironman.com. You can type in my surname or race number (276).
  • Options

Well done Sheils - you'll be well up for the MMM next Wednesday then?  You'll need to register on the Dark and White Peak website and put me in as your co-runner and I'll do the same.

Gaz - hope its not a big problem.

Aitch - so just typing in Aitch on the tracker won't work?

Accelerate - anyone know the timings etc for the Thursday AM run?  I've posted on their FB wall but no response.  I seem to think its a 9.30am start?

• Options
    It is 9:30 at accelerate Thursday.

not a big problem. in fact not a problem at all today. bruised left knee only concern.
  • Options

Fab Aitch - I will be checking up on you every 10 mins LOL! image

Well done Sheils, top PB'ing image

• Options
    You won't get much after 10 mins, sadly! I'm not that bloody fast!

Hope the knee is okay, Gaz.

Dids image No, sadly it won't, has to be my proper name, like.
  • Options
    Aitch! wrote (see)
    You won't get much after 10 mins, sadly!

10m - still in water 

20m - still in water

30m - still in water

image - I thought Aitch was your proper name, its what you call yourslef when you talk to yourself isn't it?  As in ' Come on Aitch, you can get up that last hill' can't imagine you saying 'Come on Helen...'

• Options
    I am, and will always be H! If people call me Helen, they don't know me very well! Except my Mum and Grandma, but they can call me what they like!
  • Options

And funnily I've never been called "H" and if someone calls it me, I scowl at them lol! If I get called Helen, it means I'm at work or it's my mum, and I'm in trouble ha ha. Anyone and everyone else (friends, my sister) calls me Len image

• Options

Nice 8 miler this morning. Best I`ve felt running for a fair while despite having very broken sleep at the moment with neither of my little angels that good at sleeping at the in-laws. Back to Sheff tomorrow and hopefully a little more sleep.

Bought some golf clubs. My race on Sunday went through a golf course and I thought I`d do better than most of them from what i saw. They look quite good and were part of the ELC sale. image

Counted up and have done 14 races so far in 2011. Anyone sad enough to have done even more?!

• Options
    Depends if you count parkruns? lol
  • Options
    Actually doesn't matter if you don't count them

2 x-country
    3 SY road league 5miles
    6 trunces
    oughtibridge chase
    2 half marathon
    White peak marathon
    Doncaster town centre 5k

16races + 14parkruns
  • Options
  • Options

Think my current count is 19 (21 including park runs) but I may have forgotten some, guess that makes me sadder than you ET?! image

Fab PB'ing at the Trunce last night Sheils - well done!

Didn't end up going to the lakes in the end, decided I needed to save myself for Hailstorm Hill tomorrow, one of our club champs races. Heading up to recce the Sedbergh route on Sunday anyway so that'll be good miles in the tank and prep for the race itself.

Sorry to hear things didn't go to plan at the Trunce last night Giro, glad it's nothing serious though.

• Options
    runningowl wrote (see)

err, no.

Actually don`t count owt below 5 miles. image

McStu wrote (see)

Think my current count is 19 (21 including park runs) but I may have forgotten some, guess that makes me sadder than you ET?! image

Sorry to hear things didn't go to plan at the Trunce last night Giro, glad it's nothing serious though.

We have a winner!

Hope injury heals ok, GI. You seem quite prone to them and illness.

I actually don`t really have a next race planned . . imageimageimage

• Options
    the King of egyptian toes wrote (see)
    runningowl wrote (see)

err, no.

McStu wrote (see)

We have a winner!

err, hardly!

so far this year i have had err...................................................no breaks due to injury.  

So far this year i have had err.....................................................very small colds due to pushing slightly too hard. total missed running = 1 week total

this is due to listening to body

Any injury i have had in past heals very quick.

quite lucky that way. 

A race is a race whether its 100m or 100mile

• Options

not that i am counting Parkruns as races. They are training time trials against other runners

7.7mile, 1hr 7min hilly trail run tonight without any pain in either knee. image

Legs were tired after last night but nice easy paced run. Well except for the last 2miles. 

Sal F and simon both did the same run and did wel to say they ran the TR24 on sunday. They kept up well till I pulled the group out to 6:21min pace for last 2miles.

oops! ha ha. 

• Options
    Sheils-Sheils- ✭✭✭
    Oooh- 26 races for me this year, 14 fell, 7 Trunce, 5 road (inc 1/2 marathon). How sad is that???
  • Options
    image - wow Sheils, you're a running, sorry racing, machine.
  • Options

Coooeeeee strangers *waves*

Sorry I've been absent but as some of you know via FB, I lost my racing mojo a bit. Had a fab training last week with running every other day & cycling or swimming inbetween. Noticed running this week I was much stronger, even in the heat, so am very pleased.  Plucked up the courage to race at Bradwell tonight & beat my time from last year by almost 4 mins, even in the heat & humidity.  I'm also doing my first tri at Matlock at the end of the month

BionicBetty is back image

Hope everyone is well?

• Options
    Actually, 1 injury this year. torn calf that stopped me running for 6days. sorry ET. you is right. image
  • Options
    Morning all image

Sheils - nice rack of races!

BB glad you're back.

I've been ill a fair bit this year - working with small children is the problem. Saying that, I've not had any days off school in the last gull school year. It's coz I'm well 'ard! image

I'm off to London this afternoon to stay with my brother tonight and I fly at 9am tomorrow morning. Might not be online much after today.
  • Options
    Guten Morgen from Köln!

Finally got half hour to prat around online after a manic few days!

Awesome sub 40 at the Trunce Sheila! And nice rack of races! I think I've only done 5....I think!

Glad the knee isn't too bad giro...nice rack of races for you too! And ET and Stu!! I really need to get a few more fell races in to bring my total up!

Ooh just remembered one more...that's 6!

Glad to hear you're back BB image

Squeezed in 6miles this morning. I love running in new places. My general theory for routing is look on a map for a river or big park...run to it...if I see other runners probably means it's a good place to run. If people look at me weird turn back! Went past the cathedral today, that bridge with all the locks and then carried on down the river. Stunning! And averaged 8:15 pace...not bad seeing as I was looking around me more than at the watch!

Planning a run round Tiergarten in Berlin tomorrow!

Aitch.. GOOD LUCK!!!! Have a fantastic race...I'm sure all the hard work will pay off!

• Options

Morning all! image

Guten Morgen, Charlotte!  Hope you're having fun.

Awesome racing, Sheils! image

Some impressive running/race records for others on here too! image

Best of luck, Aitch - I'm sure you'll do great. image

Second (nuchal) scan for us yesterday - it was too early a fortnight ago to do all the measurements.  Mini-LP now looks like a proper baby! image

Energetic little bugger, it appears - I kept having to wiggle my hips about to get him/her back into a sensible position for the sonographer to measure.  

Great to see all the individual fingers (Mini-LP appeared to enjoy waving at us), details like chin and nose and so on.  And some very vigorously bicycling little legs. image

We may have a potential cyclist in there (and possible quite a violent little kicker image)

I'm at 12 weeks + 4, and the morning sickness is finally going.  Don't think I'll be running, though - foot is still irksome. image

Hope you're all well. image

• Options
    Thanks Haile, thanks Lady P image Glad all is well with little LP.

Hope you have fun in Germany, CJ. Thanks for the luck! Fearne Cotton and Greg James have just been bigging you up on Radio 1 saying how glad they are that The Subways are back. Oh and they played your song too image
  • Options

Af`noon.

Just about to set off back to Sheff.

Sheils- Uphill Talker wrote (see)
    Oooh- 26 races for me this year, 14 fell, 7 Trunce, 5 road (inc 1/2 marathon). How sad is that???

imageWinner! image

runningowl wrote (see)

the King of egyptian toes wrote (see)
    runningowl wrote (see)

err, no.

err, hardly!

so far this year i have had err...................................................no breaks due to injury.  

So far this year i have had err.....................................................very small colds due to pushing slightly too hard. total missed running = 1 week total

this is due to listening to body

Any injury i have had in past heals very quick.

quite lucky that way. 

A race is a race whether its 100m or 100mile

I also count 60m hurdles and obstacle races.

runningowl wrote (see)
    Actually, 1 injury this year. torn calf that stopped me running for 6days. sorry ET. you is right. image

Not been on tinterweb that much but whenever I`ve checked into to SheffSoc world you`ve been battling a cold or fighting an injury. The Trunce `pop` sounds bad, image

LP - Great new on scan. imageimage

Well done BB!

Have fun Aitch! UK IM was around `ere at the weekend. Bloke did bikey under 5 hours and then a 2`41 mara (faster than Lee and almost as quick as Gareth!).

• Options

Best of luck H image

Glad is all well with baby LP. I love babies image

CJ....had a little listen to some Subway stuff on youtube image

Sheils....your a machine women x

• Options
    ET, The 'pop' felt bad and i had that few seconds that seems to last a life time where your waiting for the really bad pain.

that didn't come but it ached and i actually considered stopping in a race but thought if i can get thru last 6mile of white peak i could last 2mile of the bloody trunce.

quite frustrating as i was at PB pace and haven't felt anything in right knee since, inc the 6:21pace i hit in last 2miles on last nights club run. It is very strange but as physio at clubhouse said perhaps i just dislodged something by launching myself off 4ft wall and it went back once muscles cooled.