Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options
    Sheils-Sheils- ✭✭✭

Afternoon image

Welcome back BB and ET too, we've missed you.

Good luck Aitch- you'll be brill!

Charlotte- have a great time in Germany, I loved Berlin when I visited.

LP- great news about little LP, if you let me know when you're back in Jessops we could maybe catch up with a quick cuppa.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRO imageimage

Off to do a race tonight- Spencer's Dash

• Options

Morning all! image

Think I missed Giro's birthday on here (althought I did post on FB image) - belated RW birthday greetings! image

How's the knee?

Nice running haile and Sheils! image

Would be lovely to meet up for a cuppa next time I'm up at Jessop's, Sheils - don't think I'm due up there next until the detailed scan on 20 September, so we should make a date for then. image

Next appt will be with community midwife, at end of August.

First spin class in aaages last night. image

Bloody foot still bothering me slightly image, so running's definitely out, but I'm going to continue with the "head in the sand" approach as far as walking is concerned - I need to avoid buses for my own sanity (and pocket).

Hope you're all well! image

• Options

Morning all.

Nice running Sheils and Haile! image

LP - Glad to hear all is well with mini LP image

Hailstorm Hill Race Report:

Great new race. Free entry and free muffins at the end, all I could want for in a race! image

Ran well and feel like a bit of sharpness is coming back, finished 14th, just over a minute behind top 10 which I was aiming for last night so pretty pleased. Turned my ankle on the descent and it took me a minute or so to run it off so reckon without that I would have been a couple places higher. image

• Options

Accelerate breakfast fartleck run this morning with GIRO (well, not literally as he was about 200m + ahead of me most of the time).

About 8 in total went out with Alex from Mizuno - we were all sporting new Mizuno's for the run, they didn't offer to sell them to us at a discount afterwards through, even though they were all muddy from running along the canal image.  Did get socks, pens and a mizuno running mug (not quite sure how I ended up with 2 pairs of socks image, me being a little angel and all).  Lots of slow running followed by fast running and Debs killing herself laughing and the amount I was sweating when I got back - 'Have you been for a swim in the canal?' comments.

• Options

well ran this morning Didds image you did well for someone not used to speed sessions.

I clocked distance that i ran during the session as 7.95miles so with your 'sweaty jog' down  from home you must have done some miles today. Despite the previous rain and the drizzle that came downduring it was still hot & humid.

On the way there i needed a wee so went into castle market. when i left there was second hand market on and there was a stall with loads of second hand shoes on inc. some nimbus 12s. looked at them and reckon they have had 50miles at most ran in them so asked how much....................

£10

so I bought them. £100 brand new

http://www.shoesoftheday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/asics-Gel-Nimbus.jpg

• Options

image - bargain hunter. Nice one Gaz image

Must have done about 11m intotal but kept stopping my watch for the walking bits so logged 9.5m running for today (added to my 11m on Monday and 5.5 yesterday).  Knackered now.

• Options

Morning image

Where is everyone?

• Options
    morning all
    Sorry not been online much, general lack of training means i'm grumpy & haven't much to report!
    Very excited about h's race this weekend, will put all my training enrrgy into supporting online.
  • Options

Morning image

Similar lack of things to mention as Becky.

Off to a wedding in London tomorrow and getting the late coach home. Back in Sheffield at 4am on Sunday. Living the dream is what I'm doing.

It's amazing how quickly the race appears to have come round for Aitch!. I'm hoping to have woken up in time to see how she's getting on.

• Options

Same as Becky. Training extends to walking the dog. A it. Grrrr.

I will also turn my attention to enthusiastically supporting Aitch image

This weekend we have kids parties, a trip to the Midlands, followed by a day trip to London! Will be back and exhausted next week!

• Options

image - doesn't sound like you'll have much time for supporting Aitch with everything else going on ther Len, thats a busy weekend.

Any coincidence that you and Baz are both off to London?  Not going to the same wedding ' Oh fancy meeting you here' etc

No plans at present for the weekend, just next week to get through and then 2 weeks in Devon eating lots of scones with clotted cream and jam (all as part of my prep for the exterminator image).

• Options

lol! Actually I might be able to wave to Baz as we cross paths on the motorway - I'm going to the midlands on Sunday and London on Monday. Honest.. image

I'll be checking up on Aitch regularly, don't worry! Team Aitch! image

• Options

Did anyone keep the link thingy for Aitch?  has she posted it on FB also?

Apparently they are showing the Isle of Jura fell race on BBC2 Scotland or Sky Channel 990 on 9 August or it can be watched again on BBC i-player for 7 days after - sure you're all very excited about that.

• Options
    Didds if you go to ironman.com on Sunday the tracker should be in place then. The key word here is should.
  • Options
    image - I'll be too busy watching City beat United (again) at Wembley on Sunday image
  • Options
    No parkrun for me. I should be on the way to London then.
  • Options
    Parkrun for me after two week absence haile.

• Options

how did the park runner's get on this morning?

i'm planning a run today....it's very very hot and sweaty here though...we're at a festival, so i'm a bit scared about people mocking me...but screw em, i'll be happy after! this will be the first time in ages i've only managed 3 runs in a week (assuming i go ahead with today's) i'm trying to be positive with it and thinking a bit of a rest week (running wise, been super busy) will do me good....been fitting in bits a pieces of pilates here and there too...

ooh and exciting news....when i'm back on Wednesday i'm going to order my road bike!!! cannot wait!

travelling all day tomorrow, so won't be bale to track aitch image but will definitely look online as soon as i can!

• Options

wasnt sure how to run Parkrun this morning what with fartlek on thursday and a slight stiff hamstring. 

Decided just as Frazier said 3,2,1 that I would start slow, take it easy thru the first lap like a fast training run then decide whether to push or not on second lap. 

First lap was run like that, nice and easy but keeping a couple of runners in front in sight in case i decided to push on second lap. Enjoyed the first lap so much I decided to run second lap the same. 

good training parkrun in 18:43ish & 7th. pretty sure if I had pushed i would have PB'd but that can wait a few weeks. No point in peaking now with Axhome half still 4 week away. better to PB in parkrun on  27th Aug or even 3rd Sept. 

Good luck super Aitch. 

• Options

nice park running haile and giro!

i had time for a run yay!! well...it was on a treadmill. my thinking being that it would be cooler. turns out i was wrong, as there was no air con in the gym! but really chuffed with my 5x1km ! but i shan't be making a habit of the treadmill....

i hope everyone is having a lovely weekend so far image

• Options

Evening image

Been out to Monsal Head & bakewell with the family today, just to have a look at the likely terrain for the MMM on Weds if Sheila ever gets her registration sorted.  They have opened up the tunnel now so we had a walk through that which was fun.

Good running Porkrunners - I shall return to do one again soon(ish).

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Evening image

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I trespassed a while back to ask about places to live in Sheffield, and now that I'm up here full time I thought I'd better stop lurking and say howdy. So howdy image

And I have another question if that's ok - I'm still job-hunting, and therefore unoccupied most of the day and I also know very few people. I'm slowly going insane, so thought I might take up something to keep me busy and meet news people. I've settled on martial arts, and was hoping for a recommendation of where to go, if anyone knows of somewhere?

Thanks!

• Options
    Sheils-Sheils- ✭✭✭
    PJAZ wrote (see)

Been out to Monsal Head & bakewell with the family today, just to have a look at the likely terrain for the MMM on Weds if Sheila ever gets her registration sorted. 

Done it! Not entirely sure what I've let myself in for though image

Hiya Sarah- welcome to Sheffield image No idea about martial arts - sorry. Hope the job hunt is successful.
  • Options
    Thai boxing at wicker gym
    martial art centre on shalesmoor
    Karate at chapeltown doJo
    Kung fu at sheffield uni
    kung fu at boxing gym across from devonshire cat

Have a look in sheffield star whats on section
  • Options

GO ON, AITCH!

1:34 for the swim. Is that good? Sounds top to me!

go aitch go!

imageimageimage

• Options
    the King of egyptian toes wrote (see)

GO ON, AITCH!

1:34 for the swim. Is that good? Sounds top to me!

go aitch go!

imageimageimage

It's good in my book image COME ON AITCH!!! imageimageimage