Sheffield social

Comments

• Options
    Inside 15 hours? What a bird image. True inspiration that one image
  • Options
    Fab work young Aitch! Just brilliant! image
  • Options
    Morning all image

Currently laid in bed feeling much like I have been hit by a bus!! Yesterday was incredible. Thr swim was good for me ab 1:34 is spot on what i was expecting. Barely used my legs, thought I'd save them for the bike. Good job I did! The weather was awful, it pissed it down for 112 miles and was windy!! Came to Germany to fet away from the crappy weather, but hey ho, at least I was well trained eh?! It made it do much harder than it should have been though. I was so cold. Only had monaco and shorts on. On the descents I had to break because I was shivering so much!! I was expecting 7-7:15 on the bike, so 7:35 is a bit slow, but I did it. The run was awesome and I loved every step of it... No, REALLY! I was doing 4 min run, 1 walk. Developed my own little shuffle but I was moving and gettibg somewhere so I was happy. Kept waiting for it to get really hard and grim, but it didn't! Couldn't stop smiling the whole way round! At the start of the last lap I knew I was definitely going to finish but wondered whether I could sneak under 15hrs. I carried on 4/1 til 5k go ho then ran most of the last 5k. I use the tern 'run' in the loosest sense of the word! I can't begin to describe the feeling of running down the finish chute after 140.6 miles and knowing you've done it. I cried running down there and can honestly say it's the proudest moment of my life so far. Sounds cheesy, right? I don't care. Everyone should experience it.

Will write a proper report when I am back, but thanks for tracking and sofa support! Mwah x
  • Options

Top Ironman'ing Aitch - the kids at school will b amazed when you tell them what you have done.  You're a star.

Anyway, onto more mundane things. Ended up in A&E last night with Jnr Didds.  He was staying overnight with his friends and they went skateboarding (if there's one thing he not designed for its that) so of course he came off and took the fall right on his chin gouging out a real chink of skin in addition to requiring a fair % of road.  I was just finishing off a 10m run around Damflask and arden when the call came in to go get him.

So we're in Childrens', him covered in blodd and me in me shorts and spare top smelling like you do an hour after a long run not having washed - our hardworking NHS staff don't deserve that.  he's fine though (sterstrips and glue) , and perhaps a blessing in disguise as they were supposed to be going to a skate park this morning - god knows what would have happened if he had.

Morning image.

• Options

Oh crikey Didds - glad he's ok - and having been a hardworking member of NHS staff for many years I can put your mind at rest by saying that the staff on duty last night have smelt a whole lot worse!

Entries open for the Outlaw image - tempted to enter now (I can blag it for my birthday) then I'm commited. Anyoone else or are you all gonna wait and see?

Anyone doing Stockport 10k on the 21st?

Wonder if Aitch eventually got to sleep? What a star that girl is image

• Options

Morning all! image

Cracking result, Aitch! imageimageimage

• Options
    Mozzy wrote (see)

Wonder if Aitch eventually got to sleep? What a star that girl is image

I don't sleep after a good fell race in the evening so not sure how Aitch would have got on after an event like yesterday though sheer exhaustion must kick in at some point to oversome the high of finishing.
  • Options

IM UK 22nd July £375

Outlaw 1st July £225

Which one we doing folks? image

• Options

yay!! aitch!!!! that's awesome!!!! wow!!

i'm watching the triathlon, that RJ kindly taped for me, inspirational stuff.

I've got a surprise day at home today (after being in the bus all day yesterday, getting train from Ashford to Sheffield with a load of noisy offensive drunk football fans - i'm so happy to be home!) been for a run....just about to go for a swim...and going to order my road bike later!!! really hope it can magically get here for Wednesday!

right...need to pause the triathlon or i'll never get the swim done!

• Options
    Mozzy, i choose to do.........................

Neither!

• Options
    runningowl wrote (see)
    Mozzy, i choose to do......................... Both!

I knew you liked a challenge GIRO but will your shoulder hold up for so much swimming in such a short time?

Moz I'm still going to hold off on entering anything until after I've moved. That needn't stop you though.

• Options
    TR24 and VLM image my challenges next year due to baby and lack ofsleep/training time.

that and that i have realised i have no interest in doing a triathlon at moment.
  • Options
    Solo TR24? Nice one GIRO.
  • Options
    One Pace Baz wrote (see)

Moz I'm still going to hold off on entering anything until after I've moved. That needn't stop you though.

No, I'd prefer a pal, but if I hang on for folk then it may never happen. I've almost hit 'pay now' image.

Oooh! What bike you getting CJ???

See Aitch got a couple more awards! And well deserved. That gal must be on cloud 9!!!

• Options
    Ey up folks. Just popping in to say bye for a bit. Just about to disappear to Arran for a few days biking, running, swimming and chillin'! Just hope it doesn't piss it down the whole time we're there!

See you in a week or so gang!
  • Options
    CharlotteJenks wrote (see)

and going to order my road bike later!!! really hope it can magically get here for Wednesday!

More info needed, tell us about the bike,..... the bike.... it's all about the bike image

I wonder if H can use the stairs today?  Totally inspired, really want to do Outlaw next year, Ewan's pretty much in the same boat s you moz, wanting to get entry in now, I think I need to wait a little longer at least....
    I finally have an appointment with NHS lower limb physio & pod (although not for another 2 weeks), hopefully that means I can stop trying to scrimp & manage on minimal private sessions and actually get somewhere. 
    I'm convinced the hip/back issues are related to foot too, so fingers crossed if someone looks at me as a whole I'll get somewhere!  In the mean time Colin had adjusted current orthotics & I'm concentrating very hard on walking with my foot turned in (this means I walking slower!).  Colin also reckons I'm OK with some gentle run/walk sessions, so I'm going to give the SP beginners session a bash on Thurs image

It seems that when I'm not injured my bike is.... got the spoke fixed & went out on Sat only to find the gearing defunct.  Ewans sorted it, but the chain is stretched, so waiting for  a new one to arrive tmrw! 
    Oh well whilst I've not been training hard, I'm enjoying all the produce we're making from the pick your own.... this weekends selection included, Pea & Ham soup (freshly picked peas & boiled joint of ham to make the stock), SUmmer pudding, white & redcurrant jelly, and raspberry & whitecurrant jam.  Yum.

• Options

Super Aitch! imageimage

Mozzy wrote (see)

Anyone doing Stockport 10k on the 21st?

Intend to either do that or the Leek half!

Also there`s the Askern 10 on Sunday. image

Mozzy wrote (see)

IM UK 22nd July £375

Outlaw 1st July £225

Which one we doing folks? image

Easy choice; neither unless a week`s 5 star accomodation and meals are thrown in for a family of 4.

Anyone else for speedy stuff on Wednesday? Me, Moz, Rich. BuryBarry? GI? Aitch?

• Options
    Hello fellow Sheffield-ers! image I'm from Chesterfield - that's close enough isn't it?
    I'm a newbie!
  • Options
    Hi ally image being from Chesterfield while being unfortunate for you image is fine with us.

ET, considering track with you moz and fatboy.
  • Options
    Ally! wrote (see)
    Hello fellow Sheffield-ers! image I'm from Chesterfield - that's close enough isn't it? I'm a newbie!

So is Aitch who's just done her first Ironman and staretd this thread - so  I guess that means yes, you can stay.

Tell us more about yourself.

runningowl wrote (see)
    ET, considering track with you moz and fatboy.

I've already said not going to DVS on Wednesday image.

• Options
    A up, nowt up wi' Ches image that's what I say anyway!

I'm friends with Aitch so I'm sure she'll back me up image

Well, I'm Ally (as I'm sure you've guessed), I'm ALMOST a trainee solicitor and about to move to Nottm. I'm supposed to be training for Rutland Water Marathon in Nov but i've been injured image
  • Options
    What's a water marathon? image

Sounds wet.

Didds, i was refering to RB with the fatboy tag.
  • Options

Morning!

No riots in Sheff. Yet.

GI - Good stuff. Moz wants to do some 200s , I think, but I`m not up for really short stuff TBH. Also might do some 800s at her target 5k pace.

Welcome Ally. I work in Chesterfield.

• Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭

Ref the earlier question about Stockport 10k on 21st. Not me, but I have got a race on.  Belper 30k. A hilly run round the southern end of the Peaks, but one of the most scenic races around.

I'll be down Chesterfield the following weekend for the Spire 10

Anyway, my 'schedule' had me down for a rest day or steady 5 miler yesterday. I decided to be awkward and swapped it for some cross training and cycle to work. It worked out well for a guy I've seen cycle commuting for a few months. I spotted him pushing his bike. Turns out he's got some great workmates. Third time in 2 weeks they've let half the air out of his tyres. Just needed my mini pump switching from presta to schraeder and he was off again.

Guess he'll be after a new bike soon. His Raleigh hybrid was new about a year ago. Its now covered in rust. He said he needed to replace it and said his pedals were coming loose. His pedals were fine. His bottom bracket has that much movement I'd be surprised if there were any bearings left in it!

Yet he still manages to commute, 4 days a week.

• Options

ET - not too bothered about what we do at DVS - will fit in.

Sounds like top run Haile - and good news re the ankle - did you get Sheils to massage it for you after?

I'm firmly installed in turbo city with the kids off - an hours worth of 5 min efforts with a couple of minutes recovery last night. Dull as fuck.

Chatsworth today with the kids. Had 6 kids round trashing the house yestarday so keeping them out all day seems like a good idea.

Howdo Ally!

• Options
    Mozzy wrote (see)

Chatsworth today with the kids. Had 6 kids round trashing the house yestarday so keeping them out all day seems like a good idea.

Not trashing Chatsworth House I hope image.

• Options
    Moz - we went to Cannon Hall farm yesterday and that was good. Got bogof voucher from the paper which helped too!