Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options
    Charlotte, if your up here Monday...

TRUNCE. Monday @ oxspring 6:45 £1.20entry
  • Options
    runningowl wrote (see)
    Charlotte, if your up here Monday... TRUNCE. Monday @ oxspring 6:45 £1.20entry

Think some of the lasses are doing the Trunce, had planned on it but my calf's still buggered.

And shit - I think my sodding dado rail is gonna nned a FOURTH coat! imageimage

• Options
    Mozzy - are you making your home nice for the SSCSPBBQ??
  • Options
    Ha ha! Just answered the door thinking it was Hazel as I'm looking after her kids whilst she goes for a run, shouted 'COME IN!' and headed on back up the hall to put the kettle on - no word from behind, so turned round to see a door to door salesman standing in the porch looking  a bit stunned! image
  • Options
    Goth wedding - i haven't got the slightest idea! It's my cousin. Not that I'm likely to recognise him, from the vast amounts of metal all over his face. The bride I have never met but have seen a photo. Think more piercings, purple lipstick *shrug*. I have NO idea what to expect!! I have resisted the urge to wear something pink and feathery though, and bought a dress with skulls on it. Which I kinda love, but I'm channelling my inner glam-goth....heavy on the eyeliner, high heels!

Eeek.

• Options

Afternoon all! image

Goth wedding, sounds fun, Len! image  Dress sounds cool. image

It's likely to be more vampiric than zombified, but if might be interesting if it was like this.

• Options
    Glam goth look - love it! Bet it'll be a lot of fun!

Some advice I probably should have already known - don't run 15miles in the sun with only a 250ml bottle of water! For sone reason my main food fantasy was an orange Calippo! Luckily there was one in the freezer...mmmm it's all my sugary refreshing dreams!!

Will think about Trunce for Monday...be good to do at least one of them!
  • Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭
    CharlotteJenks wrote (see)
     Will think about Trunce for Monday...be good to do at least one of them!

Last one in Septembers a laugh... fancy dress

Missed last year, but the year before I was just beaten by Freddie Mercury, who'd just been passed by a big fairy image

• Options
    Garry, you sure it wasn't same guy? sounds similar.

only kidding, big fan of queen and Freddie.

i won fancy dress last year but can't remember what i wore. he he, can anyone else remember?

big hint, picture in my facebook photos. can't miss it.

got a good outfit planned this year if i can source one cheap enough. image
  • Options
    runningowl wrote (see)
    i won fancy dress last year but can't remember what i wore. he he, can anyone else remember?

You weren't in fancy dress last year were you? I thought you were still in your work clothes.

• Options
    Ah yes that's right baz, i was.
  • Options
    is anyone doing a parkrun tomorrow?

I will be doing concord parkrun for a change

• Options

Evening!

`No` to parkrun and trunce. I had aimed to do a parkrun and a fell race this year but not been close yet. Racing Sunday so ran today but gym only tomorrow. Still lots of pain from achilles insertion so only plodding alternate days. Moz - can u bung me Sal`s contact details? Need to try a diff phyiz I reckon now as this has lasted months. Pay day next week! image

Len - Goth wedding sounds great but in August!??!?! Fields of the Nephilim and The Birthday Party!

• Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭

Going back to my youth here, Bauhaus, Alien Sex Fiend, Siouxsie, The Mission, Cult, Specimen.

I'm also mentally visiting all those clubs that have disappeared, The Limit, Wapentake, Rebels.....

Sisters...

Cult

• Options
    Limit not heard of but had good nights in (death trap)Rebels and (paddling in piss and shit)wapantake
  • Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭

Limit was on West Street and basement level. First time in there, typical black spike goth hair, red leather bike jacket, black clothes, fingerless leather gloves, bangles everywhere...... after hitting the frog and parrot for a few glasses of Rogers and Out...

Great night. Strange characters....

Remember dancing the booze off, looking up at  one point to see a bloke in a floor length black dress, crochetted shawl round his neck, long curly blond hair and a moustache like magnum p.i.

Apparantly it used to be one of Jarvis Cockers haunts

• Options
    Garry N wrote (see)

Going back to my youth here, Bauhaus, Alien Sex Fiend, Siouxsie, The Mission, Cult, Specimen.

I'm also mentally visiting all those clubs that have disappeared, The Limit, Wapentake, Rebels.....

Sisters...

Cult

Yeah me too. You seen my classic hair do on FB?  I wasn't always a dumb looking blonde. that's just a front image
  • Options

ET - will do! Just about to head out of the door to meet Bex and Nic for my first OW swim image. Not looking forward to it AT ALL! Stuck with 3 glasses of fizzy stuff last night then hit the fanta image.

Bummer re the achilles ET - my calf is no better either, pretty sure it's a problem higher up - may need to go and see Sal myslef as my fizzio is completely booked up. God I HATE it when I can't run, I'm such a grumpy twat. Well . . . grumpier.

• Options
    Let me know how the OW swim goes Mozzy! I've been looking on the ironman website bored at the airport this morning....just browsing!

Going to browse the Outlaw one now...

I'm a maybe for Trunce!!
  • Options

Morning!

Beautiful day for a run, or OW swim if that floats your boat! Good luck parkrunners. Good day for a PB. Maybe it`s today that GI gets closer to that 16.## prediction. OH has just gone out for a run.

Nice to see Haile yesterday; he`s doing a cracking job on our garden although the poor chap couldn`t get a word in with nipper #1 commentating on everything!

CJ - That LDR sounds great! Wish I could do some longer ones. I enjoy it way more running well over an hour. This time last year I was banging out the 18 milers! image

• Options
    I am along way from a 16image#.

17:5# is in sight tho. today was a fast training run. idea was fast 1st mile then slow down and settle into a slower pace. Concord is a good race for this due the less competitive nature.

3rd and 19:15ish
  • Options

Top porkrunning Haile image

Luuuurvedd my OW swim. NEVER thought I'd say that, but way better than swimming up and down the sodding pool. Think I'm a convert image

• Options
    19:09 today at concord. Faster than i thought but now wondering why i didn't push to go under 19min image

Another easy felt controlled run and again feel an event PB (18:49@concord) was there for the taking. Not many PB'd possibly due to the strong wind up there. But as lee would say 'bigger picture'

Endcliffe parkrun PB(18:16) attempt next week to give me two week to taper for axholme half. ET I will bombard you with questions nearer then.

Well run Mr BB and haile image

Watched inbetweeners top 10 moments last night so

image friend image bumder & buswankers
  • Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭
    Mozzy wrote (see)

Luuuurvedd my OW swim. NEVER thought I'd say that, but way better than swimming up and down the sodding pool. Think I'm a convert image

Know what you mean, can't believe I've only mnaged to get to RV once. But I'm off with the family for a few days to Gt Yarmouth. Wetsuits packed. As much time in the sea as possible image
  • Options
    Garry N wrote (see)
    Mozzy wrote (see)

Know what you mean, can't believe I've only mnaged to get to RV once. But I'm off with the family for a few days to Gt Yarmouth. Wetsuits packed. As much time in the sea as possible image
    And on that note . . . I'm orf to the pool (sadly there is no lake within striking distance) image
  • Options
    Two swims in one day Mozzy? You crazy cat you! Love OW swimming, it's like a completely different sport to doing laps in the pool.

Good running at the park run folks image

Sounds like you're shaping up nicely for your half Giro image

Off to Sedbergh tomorrow for another English champs race, it's part of the British champs this time as well so the field is going to be ridiculously good! Having recce'd the route a few weeks ago I know it's gonna be brutal but I'm looking forward to the challenge! I think.

Off to carb up now with some friends, catch you tomorrow folks.