Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options
    Post Matlock social - Bex is asking her mum for somwehere suitable as she works in Matlock and there'll be quite a gang of us! Yeah I reckon Costa may be a bit tight too Stu!
  • Options

Thanks for all the welcome messages folks! You're such a lovely bunch!!

BionicBetty wrote (see)

Glad you've posted Lotty, my fellow Hathersage dudette image

Amazing how far you've come Lotty & I feel a real connection on our quest to get fitter between us because of our medical history if that makes sense?

Any idea where we're going to cycling tomorrow? I shall be out running later & may attempt a speed session. My goal is now to stop being a plodder at the back. Hopefully I'll do my first trunce with you on Monday & you can show me round image What sort of time did you get?

No idea on where to bike tomorrow BB - was hoping you might have a suggested route? I can bike down to you and us head from there if that helps? I don't really know many routes if I'm honest - biking hasn't really been my thing since my stroke and so haven't been on the bike too much around the Hathersage area.

My 1st Trunce time BB was 44.28 - which is pretty slow! But I got round and I enjoyed it and I'm going back again!!

Social after the Tri - there's a cafe/bar/bistro type place that's just been refurbed in Matlock on the left hand side as you come into Matlock from Matlock Bath - near Elliotts carpets I think (before you go over the bridge).  Not been in since its been done up but looks nice from outside and they have quite a bit of space. peli deli is lovely too but thats got even less space than Costa so thats out of the question!!

• Options

Lotty is that the place that used to be Rendevous? 

Lotty/BB the route on Sunday is starting from near fairholmes & heading out along closed road.  STC use it for their duathlons, it's a flat route & no traffic, so if you're a little nervous Lotty it'll make the perfect route image

If not then there's the hathersage hilly route, which is easy enough to follow, or an out and back to Castleton? 

Len - hope your legs/lugs have recovered image
    My legs feel much better for the run, so I'm going to punish them with Body pump again tonight!!
    I WILL lose weight & get some fitness back, even if I can't run properly!  Physio appt on Monday....

Moz - u still up for tyram swim on Sat?

• Options
    Bex! I was holding out for your superior bike knowledge re my tyres question?? Don't really want to go and ask in the bike shop as I'm sure they'll just say buy some new tyres!
  • Options
    Stu - I just wait for Alex to tell me I need new tyres. I'm sure he'd take a look if you pop in. I had to have on before IMR as the other one was very worn/no tread at all!

CJ - I am around all week next week and the week after if you fancy a day-time ride? Let me know and we can get something sorted. image Oh and just been listening to you on Radio1 whilst baking!

I just walked to town and back with zero foot pain! Hurrah! Hopefully that means it's nothing lasting. Won't run til next week though. Got a 40 mile ride with the girls in Bath at the weekend. Got a weekend at Waff's house with fellow IronMaidens. Although no Melli as she managed to fall 38k into the run of one of the world's toughest ironman distance races and break her jaw! MAJOR ouchies!
  • Options
    Great news on the foot pain, Aitch - I hope it was just a post-IM thing that will clear up on it's own image

Bex - you should have seen the state of me last night! Coughing like a smoker lol! My lungs are all better this morning, just the legs that are a tad achey! It all improves from here....

• Options

Thanks Aitch! Guess a trip to the bike shop may be in order after all, although Alex's is a bit out of the way for me these days so reckon I'll just go to the one round the corner! image

Glad to hear you managed a pain free walk image

• Options
    Forgot you're no longer living round these parts! Sorry!
  • Options
    McStu wrote (see)
    Don't really want to go and ask in the bike shop as I'm sure they'll just say buy some new tyres!

Or ignore you completely. Unless that's just what bike shops do to me.

• Options
    BMBecky wrote (see)

Moz - u still up for tyram swim on Sat?

Won't know until tomorrow morning Bex - I'll let you know as soon as I do - hope so! Crikey I'l have to see if my wetsuit still fits!

Glad the foot's better Aitchimage

My calf is sooooooooo tight it's painful when I walk! Hoping a weeks rest and stretching will do it.

• Options
    One Pace Baz wrote (see)
    McStu wrote (see)
    Don't really want to go and ask in the bike shop as I'm sure they'll just say buy some new tyres!

Or ignore you completely. Unless that's just what bike shops do to me.

Well they didn't ignore me, in fact they sold me two new tyres. Actually to be fair they checked my tyres and said that they had a bit of life in them yet but one was beginning to get squared off and that most of the rips weren't too bad but that there was one that could cause issues if a stone got in it again i.e. it could tear. Basically they were not dead yet but on their way out, so I'll swap them and keep the old ones as spares.

Just back from a swim, last one before Matlock I reckon. I'm confident that I won't drown at Matlock so that's good image

• Options

What have you done to your calf Moz?

• Options
    I didn't even know baby cows had money never mind being tight with it.

• Options

Lotty we can decide where to go when we meet. I have a few routes I've tried & some I havent yet. All depends on how you feel about hills image

Had a nice steady run out today & concentrated on my form up & down hill. Did almost 6 miles going up towards Abney & over Offerton. Though slow I ran the hilly parts quite well. I know a lots to do with what's going off in my head & keeping it clear of negative thoughts

Moz which way are you biking over on Sunday?

• Options
    Ahoy landlubbers, geetings from sunny Devon.

Having a great week, weather good and boys still alive so that's good image

Only downside is the noise freom the club, entertainment til midnight everynight, I went to sleep to the sounds of an Elvis impersonator on Tuesday - quality chav entertainment.
  • Options

Which site are you at Didds? Westayed at Woolacombe bay - thankfully our caravan was out of earshot of the club!

Stu - not sure what I've done, it's tight and it hurts like hell - some nerve involvement I think too but can't get in to see fizzio for another 3 weeks so resting up and stretching in the meantime.

BB - Through north Lees as it's the quickest way from home - cadgiing a lift from Hazel to Matlock though!

• Options
    Ooh lovely - just been invited to a BBQ tomorrow night. Which means that if I can make it to my first OW swim with Nic and Bex on Saturday morning I'm likely to have a hangover image.
  • Options

Moz - Aitch will confirm,  a saturday morning ow swim is the only way to cure a hangover!

PJAZ wrote (see)

That's pretty much admitting you want to be a pirate & therefore tke prt in Outlaw next year....

Stu - sorry I wasn't quick enough off the mark, was on lunch & kept being turfed off work computers!  Still, now you have a turbo tyre image
    Moz - U should defo check your rear tyre if you're turbo'ing lots on it!

• Options
    PJAZ wrote (see)
    Ahoy landlubbers, geetings from sunny Devon. Having a great week, weather good and boys still alive so that's good image Only downside is the noise freom the club, entertainment til midnight everynight, I went to sleep to the sounds of an Elvis impersonator on Tuesday - quality chav entertainment.
    Oh I love Devon & can't wait to take the girls there. I hate that chav stuff they put on, so ask to be miles from the club
  • Options
    We're in Westward Ho nr Bideford. Our site has the only club in the area - we didn't realise or we'd never have booked this site. Apart from that it been great.

LOL Bex - to make things worse we are taking part in a Pirate day next Tuesday!!!!!
  • Options
    There's definately not a no there.....
    In fact, positively looking to be a pirate!
  • Options
    Closest didds will come to a pirate ship of fools is the funfair near the beach.
  • Options
    CharlotteJenks wrote (see)

Hi Lotty! We met at the SP  speed session and then again the park run the day after...ooh and i've just accepted a FB request from you too! You truely are an inspiration - i had no idea about the stoke when I met you...wow you're now one of my heroes along with Aitch!

gutted i'm not here for the SP brick session sunday....partly because it would be fun and partly because i could really do with it before Matlock!!

Hi CJ - yep that's me - its good to put some names and faces together and work out who everyone is on here too! I wouldn't say I'm inspirational - just a stubborn bugger!!

Shame you can't make the brick session - seems like you're enjoying your new road bike! See you at Matlock if not before! 

• Options

So what twat invented the dado rail? What a git - bloody hours meticulously painting the dam things. And I could've been on me turbo trainer. What a shame. Still, could be worse -  I could have inherited stick on borders.

Where on earth is the 'add more photos' option in facebook albums?

• Options

Moz - Aitch will confirm,  a saturday morning ow swim is the only way to cure a hangover!

PJAZ wrote (see)

That's pretty much admitting you want to be a pirate & therefore tke prt in Outlaw next year....

Stu - sorry I wasn't quick enough off the mark, was on lunch & kept being turfed off work computers!  Still, now you have a turbo tyre image
    Moz - U should defo check your rear tyre if you're turbo'ing lots on it!

• Options
    Someone pressed refresh
  • Options
    Spooky! I hadn't even looked at the forum! That's about the time I put the laptop on though..... Hmmmmmm

Morning folks!
    Glad it's friday, worked 12 in a row, shattered & have woken up with a sore throat & sniffle image
  • Options
    Been for a plod this morning, first early morning run in aaaages. Where's the almost-dead smiley?

So, I'm off to a goth wedding tomorrow....anything I should know in advance, do you think?!
  • Options
    Oooh goth wedding - sounds interesting! What does that mean?!

Ooh aitch that would be excellent! I'm off & at home Monday/Tuesday if that's any good for you?

I'm a lady of leisure today....but at my parents house in Essex! Wasn't sensible to come home when I need to be back this way tonight. There's noone in though...feel a bit lost! But means I will have time for an actual long run - missed them! Hoping the canal tow path is dry ish....

Ouch about the calf mozzy! Really hope the rest will do it good!!

Glad to hear a few people are getting their running mojo back!
  • Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭
    Len 2 wrote (see)
     So, I'm off to a goth wedding tomorrow....anything I should know in advance, do you think?!

First and Last and Always, it'd have to be the Sisters of Mercy back catalogue.....