Options

The 100 press-ups programme

Comments

• Options

Can anyone do 100 press ups?... properly. If so clearly i have work to do! Timed press ups now that makes sense! Take as long as you like to do very few! 

• Options

Ouch!! I've flown through the first two weeks of the challenge then all of a sudden.....

Week 3 Day 1 Column 3: 14-18-14-14.....11 (min 20) working on 60 secs recovery

I got nowhere near the required 20 minimum for the last rep and I was struggling to make 14 on the rep before. I think I'll take a days rest and try again on Tuesday or would anyone recommend a different approach to week 3?

Has anyone else struggled so badly at a certain point after such a promising previous week?

• Options

Week 5 - Day 1 - Column 3 - Attemp 1.
    (60 secs recovery)

36 - last few were hard.
    40 - only managed 30.
    30 - that 30 was easier then previous 30.
    24 - just got them.
    Max(40+) -a meager 19, I was dead by 15.

Not a good start to this week. This is going to be a long week.image

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    mahonjai I remember hitting a wall after a few weeks, keep at it!  I am just  about to do the test at week 4 to see where I am up to, mind you i did a 10 mile race today so dont expect too much...
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

ok, 31 and I though my head would boil!! So I think I will stay with week 4 but move up a column.

31 straight off full press ups though!! I could only do 3 when I started!

• Options
    mahonjai - I got stuck at the end of week 3 but just did that day again until I got it and I took 3 goes at every day on week 4, plus I added extra sets after the max set. Today's attempt is by far my worst and I think it'll take me at least another 5 attempts to get it.  But I did race hard today as well so maybe I'll get a lot closer on Tuesday.
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭

Some impressive numbers on here - well doneimage

am enjoying being back on this programme - week 1, day 3, column 2 - 8,10,7,7,12 (min 10) - felt ok - bring on week 2image

• Options
    Hi All, well, my pre-GNR break turned into a post GNR break too & I've not pressed anything for more than a month now. I'm hoping to get back into it this week, maybe even tonight, but not sure where to start, so I'm thinking I'll try a max test first, use that to see where I seem to be at & then start from the corresponding week. Does that seems sensible?
  • Options

Roslyn - sounds like a good planimage

Chin up challenge today,
    4/4/4/4/7 chin ups on 60 secs recovery.
    4/4/4/3/3/3/3/3/3/3
    pull ups on 30 secs recovery.
    2/2/2/2/2/2/2/1/2/2/2 alternating chin ups/pull ups on 20 secs recovery.
    last set I did 2/2/2/3/3 on 30 secs recovery, but these were with both hands facing inwards close together and pulling up to alternate sides. see below..

http://community.adn.com/sites/community.adn.com/files/images/IMG_1581%20%282%29.preview.JPG

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

Marshallini

You crossfitting again yet ?

• Options
    TR - not exactly, just doing a little bit of this, a little bit of thatimage.
  • Options

Much better tonight.

Week 3 Day 1 Column 3 (2nd attempt): 14-18-14-14.....20 (min 20)

I struggled a bit throughout, from 15 onwards on the last rep I was was really feeling it, but it's done and I move forward again.

• Options

Attempted Week 3, Column 3, Day 2 yesterday

20-25-15-15-15 (min 25)

Was my first attempt, shall have another go tomorrow.

• Options

Push Up Challenge 

Week 5 - Column 3 - Day 3

20/20/24/24/20/20/22/ Max = 55 (min 50) imageimageimage

Really didn't think I was going to make it tonight, was really feeling the last few sets and didn't think I would stand a chance on the maximum effort but I just tried to totally disengage (is that a real word?!) my brain from what I was doing and by the time I started to notice the pain  I was at 40 and I wasn't going to fall short from there! Feel like I need some new arms now though!

Back on to chin ups tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyone! image

• Options
    Chin Ups!!!!!!!!!! What the hell have I missed? image I'm off to hide in a corner 'til all this nonsense stops. are you people mad?????
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow stuart, I cannot imagine ever doing so many!!
  • Options

Stuart H - 55 max!, great work, but you'e making feel badimage,  but making me work as wellimage

Week 5 - Day 1 - Column 3 - Attemp 2.
    (60 secs recovery)

36 - easy enough.
    40 - made them, much better than last time when I only got 30..
    30 - worked for them.
    24 - another tough set.
    Max(40+) - 27.

(plus 2x 20 - after a fair recovery)

A lot easier than Sunday, I did come up quite a bit short on the max set, but if I can just eek out and extra 3-4 on the next few of attempts then we'll be there . image

100 push ups website
  • Options

Week 3 - Day 2 - Column 3 - attempt 2

20-25-15-15-20 (min 25)

Plus 4x10 for good measure (copying Marshallinis tactics there)

• Options

I did not realise this thread was here until now image

I started the hundred a few weeks ago but when i hit week 4 day 2 (column 2) i struggled a little bit and so i started week 4 again on monday, so far so good i managed week 4 day 1 no problem i just hope i can manage the rest.

Just incase anyone missed it, there is a pushup logger website linked from the hundred pushups website, it is ok for keeping track of what you have done.

1# www.pushupslogger.com

Also doing the 20 pull up challenge too but doing (chin ups) instead :: http://www.twentypullups.com

• Options

Tonight did 50, 10-10-10-10-10 in about 4 minutes then 5 sets of 25. I'm a bit worried I'm putting my arms too wide and this makes it easier.

But some of the pressups in the Body Pump class were much worse so its all relative.

• Options

All pressups are good pressups.

Currently out of action, bad case of the man flu, am so enfeebled I can barely lift a mug of tea let alone 12 stones of flab ... will have to regroup and recover for a while, but carry on without me chaps ...

• Options

Morning all - keep up the good work everyone! image

Muttley - hope you're on the mend soon.

Chin Up Challenge

Last night's effort...

Week 2, Day 2, Column 1: 5, 6, 4, 4, Max = 9 (7 required) found this really hardwork, was hoping to see faster improvement on the 'ol Chin Up's than this but will persevere! image

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

wish you better muttley

10 13 10 9 and 25, day 2 column 1 week 5, so far so good, mind you when I went swimming after my arms were heavy for some time!

• Options

T1C - Thanks for the link for the pullups .

Had a max* effort attempt today on Chin Ups then did some bits and pieces.

Chin ups - 10* (60 secs Recovery) quite pleased with that.
    Pull up - 6 (60 R)
    Parallel grip pull ups - 4 (60 R) [see pic]
    Close grip alternate pulls ups - 4 (60 R) [like Monday's]
    Chin ups - 5 (60 secs Recovery)
    Pull up - 6 (60 R)
    Parallel grip pull ups - 4 (60 R)
    close grip alternate pulls ups - 4 (60 R)

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:nCCmkk_CvfDJgM:http://www.weighttrainersunited.com/ParallelGripchinup.JPG

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭

hope you feel better soon muttley - I've heard that man flu can be really nasty ....image

Week 2, column 2, day 1 - 9,11,8,8,15 (min11) image

• Options

I think i have hit a wall with week 4 day 2 (column 2) because i tried again today and failed image i just can not seem to get the pushups going for me.

Looks like another attempt friday and then restart week 4 fresh on monday image at least i (should) come out of this stronger...

• Options

Started week 6 today and I'm afraid I fell at the first hurdle! image...

Week 6, Column 3, Day1

45 - Hard work and suggested I was in trouble today

55 - Struggling by 40, made it to 55 but I'm afraid it killed me...

28 - 35 were required arms just didn't recover from the previous set.

30 - just!

29 - not even close to the 55 needed!

Ah well, even though I didn't make it today it all helps and I'll have another crack at it on Friday.

• Options

Week 3 Day 2 Column 3 - with 90 secs recovery

20-25-15-15...22 (min 25)

I almost made it to 25 but I was really struggling badly from 15 on the last rep. I'll give a it another crack later this week and feel confident about next time.

• Options

Week 5 - Day 1 - Column 3 - Attemp 3.
    (60 secs recovery)

36 - straight foward.
    40 - not so easy, infact had to work for last 10.
    30 - last 3 were tough.
    24 - found them tougher than last time.
    Max(40+) - 30. a slight improvement.

(plus 2x 25)

Next scheduled attempt should be Saturday but as I've got an important race on Sunday I'm going to give it a miss,  I might do a couple sets of 20 or something though.