Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: keep going lass

Comments

• Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭
    Mmmm.... my money feels safe on a wager of sub 30 for Sunday, Tracy image.
  • Options

yeah echo Tikka's post Tracy - sub 30 all the way easily. All the best for Sunday - hope you get kind weather for a fast time.

I'll be back to read the race report image

• Options

If you get a sub 30 Tracy, then the first beer/coffee is on me image

Or do you need a bigger incentive?

• Options
    • Proud Mary, 
    • Keep the Faith
    • Boys of Summer

back on my  i pod then - on repeat!!  image   

Although with that combination, I might be closer to 25!  - LOL    

(don't get excited I'm only kidding - don't forget it takes me at least three miles to warm up!)  

• Options

you will definitely break 30, Tracy - warm up two miles first though

ps another great video

• Options
    You know the answer Tracy, run 3 miles BEFORE the race image
  • Options

oh the pressure!!  image

Who talked me into this?    Yeti - I'm coming after you!!  image

• Options

Time for another vid don't you think?   LOL!  Don't want you getting withdrawal symptoms....

Took my daughter to see Queen last night ...... so here's a bit of fun...  enjoy ....

Tie your mother down! 

• Options

Doh --- posted on the wrong thread.....

Keep Going Lass, But Faster! wrote (see)

phew ... that was good ... except my knees ached a bit but that's because I was tortured beforehand! 

Nice steady trot - just over 2 miles, came out at an average of 9:52 pace and that included a hill (a proper hill, that is.... not a GNR hill (Lol)image   

Hill was in the second mile and I still ran it faster than the first mile.   Looks like I peaked too late!!   LOL!    Any hills in Birmingham Yeti?? 

Time for a rest and a Baileys Coffee now, I think .... purely medicinal you understand!

I know I am supposed to do the warm up tomorrow but this was just in case I don't manage it!  LOL!

Spot the hill?? 

believe it or not, it's in the second mile???

• Options

Hey Tracy, great to catch up earlier. I won't steal your thunder but great run today - well done. As I said I missed beating my half marathon PB by 3mins in Carlisle this morning- very poor. I need another one now to prove that all that training hasn't gone to waste.

I thought you'd have the medal photo on by now.

DT (ps. love the new name)

• Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭

No sign of Tracy so I'll continue pacing up and down the kitchen floor then, shall I?

• Options

Good afternoon ....

Well straight to the point ......   watch time -  27:35  image    The race was chip timed and I think the official time will be a few seconds under that as I turned on before I crossed the start and forgot to turn it off at the finish again!!

I was pleased with that, bearing in mind that I didn't really expect to get much under 30 mins if at all and I wasn't aiming for a fast time, I just wanted to do a short race to have the experience of a shorter distance and not have to worry too much about training!! 

It was a cold and quite blustery day, although the sky was bright and the sun shining.  I didn't manage the two mile warm up Steve, but probably did about a mile I would say, to literally "warm up" - as I had left my fleece in the car!

It took a little time for the crowd to thin out once past the start line but once a gap appeared, I seemed to go off quite quickly in the first mile although not exhaustively so.  The course was very undulating with significant inclines and downhills which didn't really give me any trouble, but I did find I was tired quite quickly.

Think that was more to do with overdoing it yesterday .... image     5 mile walk with the dog, half an hour training with Andy - disguised as balance and stability but a fair few lunges and squats hidden amongst the shoulder, chest and back work.    Finished off with a 2 mile joglet, taking in a decent hill. 

Today - aching arms and sore bum muscles!

However, I persevered, felt a bit heavy footed at the end of mile 2 and felt slower but the splits don't indicate that, so took the gel I'd forgotten to take at the start.    You can see where that started to take effect in the graph!

Watch undermeasured ..... (wish it would make it's mind up!)  but splits were steady despite the hills and dales.

Mile 1 - 9:21 

Mile 2 - 9:22

Mile 3 - 8:50  (avge pace 9:21)

......but presumably if it was under measuring, I must have been running faster!   Just imagine what I could have done if I hadn't overtrained yesterday and had the use of my arms!!  

Will be back with the official time, but in the meantime, pics next .....  

• Options

Sorry Tikka - cross post!!  image

• Options

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r328/kglphotos/birmingham5K.jpg

and next .... there's one of me wearing it!  lol!

• Options

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r328/kglphotos/birmingham5K011.jpg

Pre race with 3 Runners World  GNR Forumites ....Vixx76, Electric Ocean and Yeti 

Oooh - look at 'er with her hand on her hip!!    Been taking lessons off Jason image

• Options

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r328/kglphotos/birmingham5K006.jpg

The new boy on the left is my husband, having come with me for 2 or 3 or my Wednesday easy runs towards the end of the schedule, he ran his first race today..... I beat him though  image

• Options

Yeti is reallllllly going to thank you for posting THAT pic KGL.....

• Options

TOO RIGHT!!!!!!! and the first one makes me look like I've got really gammy bow-legs image  However, thank you for those KGL - they're probably the best race photos I've had in a long time - sure beat GNR fiasco!  Any chance you could email them? (and the others)

And.......

Vixx76 wrote (see)
    If you get a sub 30 Tracy, then the first beer/coffee is on me image

I do believe that 27 mins counts as sub-30.... but as we all chipped in, remember that Vixx still owes you that drink!

Seriously, well done on today - you went off like a rocket and kept going.....

(although not sure how my first mile was 8:33 and yours was 9:xx when you were flying up ahead of me.. image

• Options

That's right Yeti - I noticed that myself when I got back in.

KGL - I owe you a hot chocolate with Baileys.....

• Options

imageimageimageimageimage

So when's your next one? image

• Options

Yeti - your garmin measured correctly, my watch under measured so I was probably going quicker than 9:xx, but also, doesn't yours show average pace?  and you were off like a rocket at the start!! 

Vixx -  ssshhhh, I wasn't going to tell anyone about the baileys chocolate!! 

Will mail the pics to you .....   Thanks for a nice morning both x

CC2 - Dovedale dash - 2nd November image     Bit different .....

• Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭
    Brilliant time, Tracy, I knew you'd easily crack 30 minutes!  So pleased for you.
  • Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭
    And well done to everyone else, too, including Mr Keep Going Lass!
  • Options
    KGL, my Garmin shows average pace while I'm running, but still records mile splits.
  • Options

Good morning --

The results are in!

Time:   27:20   place 212 out of 303 finishers.    That'll do nicely!  image

• Options

Superb stuff Tracy! Well done - something to beat now at that distance too image

PS. I no longer prance around hands-on-hips since it was drawn to my attention that I *used* to do that whilst posing for piccys!!  I blame CC2 anyways - she got me into it at the GYR LOL! 

• Options

Congratulations Tracy,

Fantastic time, knew you could do it. You certainly look very happy on your photos. Very well done to hubby too. Beware, once you get them started their out to beat you.

So what's next?

I have'nt run since the Great Eastern Run at Peterborough still nursing a cold, just itching to get out there but have some heavy training runs coming up so will make sure I'm 100% first.

Take Care x

• Options

Moi? Hands on hips??? I take offence! image

Tracy, the Dovedale Dash is brilliant. I've run it for the past 2 years but this year I can't do it. We did in fancy dress last year and had a ball!

http://photos-096.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v155/100/67/660377096/n660377096_424105_5825.jpg