Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: Sue C (3:15)

Comments

• Options

Sue, hope your cold clearing up steadily.

After several weeks of forced taper I now have learned to love the real thing. Just 20m in total last week and when I went out last night to do 11 with 2 miles of MP (v short of MP miles so worried about hitting pacing) it all felt like it should - comfortable. I think I am going to even less than Liz suggests this week - probably just 10 to tick over.

Beautiful day here in London and looks set to last until Sunday. I will go out tomorrow and go and do the suggested MP exercise over the last half mile of the FLM course, Birdcage Walk and the Mall are just yards from my office. That will really get the excitement going.

Good luck all!

• Options

It is looking a bit too beautiful for running though AGT! Your MP run down the Mall will get you in the mood for sure!

Liz - yes that would be good, I will text. General nerves are creeping in but no more than anyone else. Been reading my books about reminding myself to enjoy the journey and not focus on the outcome, postive thought, smooth running etc!

Tis very warm here, 20 degrees and cloudless all day. We may be in for an uncomfortable time on Sunday if this weather remains. Can't do anything about it other than be realistic about what is achievable on the day.

Good news about the foot Julie.

Gobi - great run by Rach again, congrats to her on the win.

GE - all the best to you too, looking forward to hearing how everyone did.

Just done a 2 mile jog, far to close to eating so rather uncomfortable!

How is everyone? Nervous? Excited? Terrified?!

• Options
    All of the above Sue! How about you?
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I'm feeling a bit nervous and a bit terrified.  Its like childbirth, the first time you've no idea what to expect but there after.......

• Options

I am a bit not bothered to be honest.

7.5M in 51:45 which includes stopping and waiting for traffic. I think one of my major problems will be making sure I don't start like a madman.

• Options

Hey everyone,

Just dropping in to say Lochaber went really well despite the heat almost scuppering things as I cramped twice and had to stop both times to "stretch". This eventually costing me about 2 minutes. i finished 14th in 2:57:15. A 25 minute PB can't be bad!!

I've posted an epic report on the sub 3 thread (if you're that interested) and a brief report on Nigel's if you're only slightly interested. LOL 

Best of luck to all of you for this Sunday - I'm putting my feet up and watching you all on the tele hopefully with my prize by then for second vet 35-39!!! 

• Options

Jason - have read you report on the sub3. Awesome run - well done. How did you find the heat? I am toying with Lochaber again for next year but will make no definate plans until after London when I have had a chance to think about which is better for me as an individual - crowds and atmosphere or the complete opposite! Will it be VLM for you then in 2010 now you have a GFA?

Minni - not sure whether it is best to NOT know what you are letting yourself in for (childbirth and marathon running) or be armed with experience!

Massage for me later too. Going to be hard to fit in a run today unless I go tonight but you are not really supposed to go after a massage are you? I am only going to have an easy one though rather than a really tough massage so may be ok.

Joe - LOL!

Speedy - the first two I think but not terrified yet!

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Sue,

It's usually best not to run straight after a massage, or so I'm told.  I'd say the massage is more important at this stage.

I'm just excited about FLM.  Given my abysmal build up, there's no pressure and I can simply enjoy myself and bag a reasonable time rather than the time I wanted, which is well out of reach.  Here's hoping it's fun, fun, fun (and I don't manage to sustain a keystone cops comedy injury in the meantime!).

• Options

Thanks Sue + cragchick - I didn't notice the heat until 20 or so miles. Then it suddenly struck me how warm it had got - 19 C on the car thermometer when I got back afterwards. I drank at every station and had my SIS gels at 5, 10, 15 and 20 but probably paid the price for running 2:50 pace until 20 and then the heat zapped my legs!! I was a tad disappointed having let such a cushion slip as I was still on for sub 2:55 until the last mile!!!

Still it proves that I'll go faster in better conditions so I have to happy and I can obviously improve on everything too. I haven't checked the stats yet but I probably averaged < 50mpw so that is an obvious area I can work on. I also only ran 4 x 20+ milers with a fair few 16 - 18's so perhaps take a look at that too. 

I'm leaving the analysis for now and am trying to enjoy the moment a bit (I'm pretty reserved generally so this is quite hard for me!!! Makes you wonder why I bother doesn't it??? LOL)

I'm looking forward to watching you all on Sunday though. v. exciting!!!! I hope you get cooler weather. 

Oh! to answer your original question - Lochaber still gets a massive thumbs up! Just a shame its where it is - I did all the driving and found it very tiring this time around. I will probably do FLM next year with my GFA since I've never run it and it's one of the majors and everyone at the club does it as do most on here. 

• Options

saintjason - great running and a massive PB - well done.

I am getting all excited about Sunday and i aint even running it!!!  Will be watching on tele thou.  Good Luck all.

• Options
    saintjason - brilliant time in tough conditions. I occasionally dropped in (lurked) when you were doing RW GNR last autumn and its amazing to think how much faster you have got in less than a year - an inspiration to us all. (Shame it hasn't rubbed off on our footbally club)
  • Options
    Saintjason - that is a fantastic performance even without the heat. Well done, now put your feet up and enjoy watching the rest of us on Sunday (hopefully without the baking conditions).
  • Options

probably with the baking conditions Rodski!

Jason - Liz (via text) says 'Well done!' Sue C says - (!) Save the analysis for next week. Enjoy your huge pb. You are in a very strong postition in that you know where your areas for work/improvement are, bodes very very well for next time! I predict 2.45!

No chance of running for me after THAT massage. Crickey Moses! Thought my physio was as tough as they could get. Still felt confident when a small slender lady greeted me, 1 hour (and about 5 scream out louds later) I now know appearances are deceptive!

I was planning on a short MP session today but I have already cleared with Liz that it is ok to do tomorrow when I have more time anyway and feel less bruised! It is only 4 x 3 mins at MP so no ill effects for Sunday if delayed a day.

• Options

Hope the early morning run went well cragchick. I have bruises all down my legs btw!!!

I had to run at 2pm today. It was 20 degrees outside. If it looks like being that hot on Sunday then I will be revising my goal somewhat or being very conservative in the first half of the race at least.

I did 4 x 3 mins at MP. My splits were - 7.17, 7.22, 7.29, 7.30. I was too enthusiastic for the first one!

• Options

Starting to get excited now... and impatient for Sunday. I really don't run well in the heat but there's absolutely nothing I can do about the weather so I am simply refusing to worry about it. If it slows me down, it slows me down. But I think I will also revise my goal if it is really hot. I have seen a 'rival' weather forecast today which says it will rain.  I like that one better!

Did a nice easy 5 miles today. Will do 3 on Friday and have tmr and Sat off, i know people say running the day before is better but I have always had the day before a race off and don't fancing changing it round now.

Sue - ouch re bruises! Surely that's not good?!? Hope they heal by the weekend!

saintjason - wow, amazing run in the heat. I am in awe of anyone who can even contemplate running a sub 3 hr marathon!!

• Options

Amazing run Saint Jason, that HM PB needs revising again now though image

Sue, you got bruised??? You should see my sports masseur, he's magic and I have bouncy new legs again after mine yesterday.

• Options

Nice final "proper" session Sue and good "heat" training - I hope its cool for you guys!! Defo err on the side of caution if its too hot. My 1:25, 1:32 split is evidence of not realising its hot!!

Thanks Speedy I thought my HM PB was okay for a while - however my 5 and 10k PB's are totally embarrassing now... no really!! image

Best of luck to you all on Sunday - can't wait to watch it on the tele and wait for the reports!! Dead excited in fact!! 

• Options

Morning.

I am around today and then heading off in the morning. I shall try and post on Sunday evening even if it's just a short one.

Jase - I hope it's cool too, it certainly isn't as hot here today as it has been in the last few days. Are you planning another marathon this year?

Speedy - my fizz says a good massage should bruise you if it goes deep enough!!!!! Legs do feel better today, good that yours do too.

Liza - run when you feel it is right for you. I am impatient to get going now too! A friend of mine ran a superb 3.25 in 2007 in the heat by adjusting her pace by at least 5 seconds per mile slower. She believes it was because she did just that the damage was limited. Think the weather forcast has changed now anyway!

Just an easy jog for me today and then making a list of what happens when in our household in terms of clubs etc. for Mr C and where to find everything!

• Options

Hi Sue, no Mr C to support you then? Are you travelling down alone? Hope you are just looking forward to it now. When are you going to the Expo?

• Options

No Astride. Mr C has decided to stay home with the kids. Partly because they have their own stuff going on this weekend, partly because he sees so little of them during the week that he doesn't like not seeing them at the weekend as well and partly because it's actually more stressful having to find 'willing' helpers to have 2 kids for an entire weekend!

We are all meeting up on Saturday anyway (the SuperSix) for an early meal. I am planning on going to the expo Friday afternoon and meeting Liz briefly for a last minute chat. And of course we have all the hospitality on Sunday afternoon to enjoy where I am pleased to say Carmen and the Fishcake will be joining me all being well (hopefully he will leave his body stocking in his kit bag). I will probably travel back with them.

How 'bout you?

• Options

I don't know about you but I quite like going and not having to think of anyone else. I'm trying to convince my family to stay at home at watch it on TV - they don't need much convincing particularly if its going to rain.

Expo tomorrow at some point either lunchtime - 12.30ish - or after work - 4.30ish.

Are Carmen and DFC running?

26 miles - its a long way isn't it!

• Options
    Sue.What start are you at?
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Hi All,   will be at the expo tomorrow (Friday)  probably early afternoon.  Gosh, can believe its almost here!

• Options
    Sue C - If this is your last day on the thread - just wanted to say good luck.  If you look back through your training log, you will find that you have done everything and more that has been asked and you are arriving on Sunday in great physical and mental shape.  Relax and enjoy it - put no pressure on yourself as there is none...and I am sure you will run a cracking race. Good luck. 
  • Options

Astride - Yep they are both running. Carmen started a new job this week so it has been a busy week for her!

Tiptoes - Red I think but not GFA (even though that is where I would have been had I got my own entry) Will find out for sure at the expo. and what pen I am in etc.

Minni - might see you there then (not)!

• Options
    Cross post - many thanks Rat, the same goes to you too - do the newest Ratlet proud!
  • Options
    Sue CAlso red pen 3.If i do not see you on day good luck, you have worked hard and had a great coach to get you to this point.Relax and enjoy the day we are all with you in spirit and on the day.