Options

Team TD Sub-4

Comments

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    I wonder how hard it would be to find accommodation, city centre, for the Monday night? Must sleep on the idea of popping over to yell support to Fizz and JohnM. *Will also demand costs if sub-4s are not produced! No pressure image *
  • Options

A hundred pairs of shoes is beyond belief.

Do you remember these guys running FLM with car tyre sandals on their feet?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44562000/jpg/_44562712_marathon2.apjpg.jpg

I popped out to run again last night, first time in 8 days.  Did a hilly 10.4K in 45mins which felt nice. Given that I'm not running in Amsterdam in a couple of weeks time, I don't have any races ahead of me to set a target for.  So am a bit in the wilderness as it were, with nothing to aim for.   I'll probably end up looking like Fat Gaz by Christmas...

• Options

Am seriously tempted! 

I looked into flights yesterday...Air Lingus, would be about £80 from Manchester, also hotels, I found one that was not badly priced...BUT...the cost of entry...90 Euro's???  Nope, can't justify that, and the fact that I have heard it is extortionate when you get there, which is a bit of a shame.  If I had not just been abroad I would have done it, but Abingdon is sadly, the more feesable option right now!image

Fizz...I rememeber, quite clearly, my first 16 miler, I think it was at the beginning of Feb this year, and it was horrendous. I almost cried when I had finished and could barely walk home at the end.  It was totally demoralising.  It was not p*ss easy this time, but I coped ok, except for maybe the last mile, which was a bit challenging, but nothing new.  I think half of it now is knowing what to expect and dealing with it mentally as well as physically!

Fizz...am sure you will get a great time in your home city! I will be thinking of you.

xx

• Options

Still acheing but I'll chance a run tonight. 

The general pain has gone but there's still tightness and soreness  in the calves and (left) glute.  Should be ok for a run though.  If it causes a problem I'll skip tomorrow's.

• Options

Rob:  don't knacker yourself completely!!  You should have a  complete rest for 3 days and see how you feel, if you push too hard you will really do yourself damage.  A friend ran through a niggle for about 3 months, and now is unable to run at all due to tendonities of her hamstring!!  Take it easyimage (susposed to be a worried face~!!~) Probably the most sensible thing I did sunday, and have done in a long time, was just trott round windsor and use it as a training run, legs are still good, did 5 miles yesterday and cycled 12.5 this morning  in 52mins!! 5 off road or speedy  stuff in the morning, then 8 on thursday!!

On a plus, and very vain side, only trotting round windsor all the piccies are good!!!! 

Getting back to business:  training, I don't have a race planned until next year now after the 10k on sunday.  anyone have or know of any good maintenance training plans around.  The marathon plan kicks in on 13 December so any tips would be much appreciated.image

• Options

Hi Fi

Good advice there.  I guess we all know what we should do, but are dreadful at listening to our own advice..me included! LOL...image...Is that a better worried face?  I could not find one either!

hey, nothing wrong with wanting to look nice for your runs...you should see the amount I have spent on running clobber in the last year...I say, loads more than "normal" clothes! Plus, I think you run better in nice stuff rather than a rubbish old t-shirt and tatty leggings.....and if you don't at least you look nice lol! Have you got a link to your piccies from Windsor?

Can you not find any more races between now and December?  I have already pencilled in 3 that I intend to do (4 if you include Abingdon!), and it is really keeping me going.  Infact, I know for a fact that if I did not have races to go for I would revert to type....an overweight, chocolate munching, lazy so and soimageimage!  If you don't want to do racing I can understand, and in that case if I were you I would do the following:

1) one tempo run.......2) One long run of say 8-12 miles.....3) one speed session 4) one or two easy runs.  

That way you are getting variety, and when you come to start your training the long runs won't be such a stretch because you have been keeping on top of them.  This is basically what I did between Paris and Berlin and it worked for me.  Also, are you still going to club?????   I am (when I can) and intend going tonight.

After Abingdon, supposing I survive ok, I am going to attend the track night at least once in a while, it will give me a change of scene and something different to do.  I am slightly worried though!

Anybody else go to track nights?

• Options

...PS  TD.. I remember those warriors from the FLM...they were on This Morning the day after and said they were very comfortable.....they were also all really fastimage!

I want to be in that car eating pizza with that man...it looks great!

• Options
    Fi - where did you find the piccies are they on the Windsor website somewhere?  Or have they forgotton to send me mine as I was a late substitute?
  • Options
    Aha found them Fi - you are right most of mine are fine too - although one where I look like Grim Determination Girl again and one where I am sticking my tongue out - blooming expensive although am tempted by the penultimate one which shows the hill in the background and approach to the finish line with loads of runners behind v.good like that.
  • Options

Wheres the photos ladies.

Just done a 5m slow run 10.18m/m, and i found it very hard. i know its going to be a long process getting back into it, even more so now. I could easily have stopped at 3m but soldiered on. Legs felt heavy and the foot was aching for the first 2m. I am so made up that i carried on and got the 5m under the belt. I enjoyed my dinner twice as much on my return. Will go for a swim and sauna later on just to relax. Nothing planned now until the club run on friday, now that should be fun.

• Options

I decided to cancel tonights run.

That lasted about 30 seconds by which time I'd decided to un-cancel it image

I can always take it easy and I've booked for a sports massage tomorrow morning.  That'll set me up for tomorrow's run too. image

Well done Deputy Pig!

• Options

Good for you Deputy gold pig dog!!!!  Now and forever shortened to DGPD!!!   Can't work out how to do piccies!

NGUG:  there are about 15 of me - obviously so slow just kept getting in the way of the photographers, the end one when the young lady I ran with and I held hands and over took some bloke by putting out hands over his head is good!!!  Nut expensive or what!!  I'll show you them on sunday after the race.  Conditions this evening would be perfect for sunday - a litle too early to tell.

RP:  thanks for the advice, that schedule is bascially what I do anyway - I occasionally throw in a hill session and then once a month do a lsr of about 15miles!!  Can't find anything that really grabs me, all such a distance to travel.  If you want to do dublin see if you can transfer my place or you can have my entry, let me know!  I can forward the email thingy you need for the expo to collect the bib and chip if you really are interested,

Rob:  you silly silly boy!   what about a cycle instead of killing your legs.  My cycle this morning seems to have cleared out the old lactic acid and really done them a lot of good.

Not looking forward to the speedy session in the morning but will stil do it!!!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Deputy Pig's good..And Deputy Gold Pig Dog..imageWell done on the run.The swim and sauna sound like a good idea before you get back in harness on Friday.5k, slow, for me to keep things ticking over..
    Seriously considering day-ticket to Dublin to watchimage
  • Options

I survived. 

6.95 miles at a shade over 8 minute miles.  About 30 seconds down on the club run pace last week but legs felt pretty dead.  The first steep uphill was murder - calves felt dead - and first downhill triggered the glute but it got easier as time went on.

Had a good stretch after and sleeping in my Skins ahead of tomorrow's massage.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Right, Fizz and JohnM. I think I might be taking a wee trip to Dublin... Might not make the Start line but I expect to be at the Finish...until 1pm! So,get your a**** into gear, please. Sub-4s or I am going to sue the pair of you for my travel expensesimage

Sleeping in your Skins?The mind boggles...
  • Options
    ATM wrote (see)
     Sleeping in your Skins?The mind boggles...

Earlier in the year after LSRs I used to put on the full Skins ensemble - top and tights - after I'd had my shower and leave them on until the following morning.

It did feel kind of deviant.

• Options

When I had my injury in Paris took to sleeping in my perfume and compression socks - a ver attractive combination I'm sure you will agreeimage.

Rob:  pleased your legs are still in one piece - didn't you get rather warm sleeping in your skins?

Speedy stuff (all relative remember) for me this moring - hate the thought of it but actually enjoy it when running!!!

• Options

LOL at Gold pig names...was chuckling last night when I read that!

Fi...thanks very much for the offer of your place, but I have kind of resigned myself to the fact of doing Abingdon now.  I have a friend in Oxford we can stay with, plus we can take the dog, and so it's going to be dead cheap, and just a lot less hassle.  I hope everyone that goes has a great time though!  Sorry Fi, I might have missed something....why are you not doing Dublin?  Did you decide against it a while ago? We should all find out about London soon I am guessing.  Won't be doing anything decision wise about next year until I find out about that.

Club run last night.  Tuesday is meant to be a longer run but it only ended up being 6.4 miles (in exactly an hour), but to be honest that felt like enough.  I could feel my legs being tired, especially up hills, though they feel ok today.  No running today, then 20 miles tomorrow, club on Friday night, and short recovery run on Saturday afternoon.  May do 4 Yasso's on Sunday, but if my legs are dead I aint pushing it.

Rob...hope your legs get better soon....I see you are doing that Lancaster half in November.  I had my eye on that one, and a 10 miler in Preston the week after.....and Wesham at the end of November.  I might see you there!

Good luck with your speed session Fi!

x

• Options

ATM, will organise something better for you than a quickie stopover and it wont cost you. Give me a few more days to get my self sorted.

I got stuck in traffic coming home after the half on Satruday. Ended up sitting in the car for over 6 hours getting home. Have also had a lot of heavy patients this week. last night I had to do a 10M and was motivated for it  but I had to come off the treaddie at 4 miles because of sciatica. its really wicked yesterday and today.image I stretched my hamstrings after the run on saturday and I shouldnt have cos I think that just irritated my nerve. Am busting myself trying to sort it , but it aint playing ball.Methinks that finishing the maratho ( or even starting it) may be the target for this one .image

By the way JohnM. I recalibrated my footpod . I also changed the settings so now it reads mm's and does practically everything a garmin does now. What I should have on the display during races is the TIME. I usually only have the current pace and heart rate. Unless I had a pace band a clock wouldnt be much used to me as I cant run and do maths at the same timeimage. Hommer simpson type .

HOpe the rest of you are going well .

• Options

Did my speedy session - average speedy bits between 7.20m/m and 7,45m/m, hard but satisfying.  Legs feel fine were a little heavy at the start but worked through it.  8 miles steady tomorrow, then 5 easy on friday. 

Panda: not doing dublin due to costs - sent an email to organisers trying to let me defer until next year but not hopeful.   Entered brighton as they will refund the cost if get into VLM so nothing lost really and cheaper than paris (trying to watch the pennies then hopefully the pounds will look after themselves).

Fizz:  ouch!! the sciatica sounds soreimage.  Hope it gets better.  How is the new TV by the way - any luck with houses?

• Options

Fi - well done on your speed session - Mr NGUG was most bemused by the new beebing on the Garmin I actually found it quite useful though - I should have really explained to him what was going on before he set out though.....he thought that the batteries were going hehe   I have my usual intervals on the treddie this afternoon legs actually feeling fine so hopefully will survive!!

Fizz - hope the sicatica clears up doesnt sound good image.  Windsor was really the tester for my hip and it seems really to be on the mend now - not totally gone but almost.  These things seem to take so damn long to sort out. 

• Options

Hi Fi...well done on your speed stuff.  I have not done any for a few weeks now, and will be dreading it when the time comes round again!

I can understand your reservations on costs.  There are so many costs, you do end up spending a fortune, and it's not like a "proper" holiday as such.  I think next year I will look to do more in this country and maybe one foreign one...perhaps Chicago!?   I don't know, decisions decisions!

Fizz...sorry you are injured.  You are in the right profession to sort it out at least!

NGUG Glad your hip is sorted (more or less).  I badly injured mine this time last year and feared for any running...but excercises and stretches sorted it great (touch wood!)...it was sooooo painful at the time though, and am always paranoid about it making a comeback.

• Options
    RP - strangely it seems to have been massages of the hip itself that has sorted it - she could actually feel a lump of some sort she said a bit like a knot you get in the back of your leg and it was damn painful for a couple of days afterwards... the stretches and physio for four months really did nothing in fact it seemed to be getting worse.  Makes you appreciate being injury free - and I agree a little paranoid about it coming back againimage 
  • Options

Am being sensible - again I hear you all ask, amazing!!!!  Tomorrow am doing 8 miles, 2 at easy pace, 2 at quick (can't fast) then 2 at easy, then 2 mile cool down trott home!!!  This all decided during lovely dog walk with the regster!!  Back to hills next week hopefully minus the "killing of bunny"!!!

RP:  Yep staying in UK for races next year, may well do the new forrest trail 10k in november only just off junction 10 of M25 so no distance really - I like a bit of mud me!!!

NGUG:  am just off to post the gracie top - doing next day delivery so should be with you tomorrow!!!

• Options

What's with the Gracie top?!  I must confess I have not yet worn the vest one, but I wear the bra one a lot, it was very handy in the marathon for stuffing things in it!  Did you not like it Fi?

yes, no need to go abroad for marathons really is there?  Though it is fun!

• Options
    Cant afford them too often RP - two kids - three cats one snake to support oh yes and a husband expensive business!!!!  Fi saw my Gracie top - vest one - at Windsor which is black with pink piping and the piping doesnt match my Skins which have a light blue piping so she had the brain wave that her Gracie top which is light blue with black piping would look better with them...  I think hers is a bit too short in the body for her too so seems like a good idea.  I hadnt worn the vest one either until I got my Skins and realised that it was the only top I had that wasnt faded black (ie. washed ten million times)image
  • Options
    good thinking ladies!
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

It's just the best photo ever...image

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9040/fabphoto.jpg

• Options

ATM - definitely your fav. picture.

V. hard intervals Fi my legs also felt quite heavy when forced to work that hard again.  Felt absolutely exhausted at the end another case of sweating so much after my shower I could have done with another shower image Mick tomorrow image

• Options

NGUG:   gracie top in post - guaranteed delivery to your office before 1pm tomorrowimage.  You really are a glutton for punishment intervals and then Mick!!  HAve another shower when you get home.

RP:  just didn't wear the gracie top, too short in the body and too big arount the middle and top. Basically I;m not the right shaoe for the top!!  Not that i;m a hunchback or anythingimage.  So thought NGUG would look even more fab in it!!  Impressed by your track sessions - don';t do them often at all, and when I do hate them a lot!!