Options

Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Comments

• Options

Well, the day is nearly upon us!!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the advice, help, information and fun.  Training for my first marathon has been a brilliant journey and participating in this forum has made it all the more enjoyable.

Thanks Hash for sharing your forum.  It's such a shame you are not running, but your bravery in sharing your problems has been such an inspiration. I'm sure you'll be there next year.  With a bit of luck I'll be joining you.

Hash, I have your number and will text when I finish

Birmingham HM sounds good to me.

And finally.  Good Luck Everyone - Hope you have a good one

• Options
    mitiogmitiog ✭✭✭
    I did Birmingham Half last year Scuba - it's a really well-organised one and lots of fun image

Good luck to everyone here - you'll be fab!
  • Options

Hi mitiog, you too eh?

Just having a read back and a (nice) sniffle reading it all and playing Mark's link.   This may not have been the journey I was expecting, but for all the downs there are some massive plusses - meeting an amazing bunch of people for a start.

Every one of you will be in my head on Sunday until I know you're over the finish line.  Please don't let's lose touch when this is all over - Birminghham's definitely good for me too, let's see how many of us can get there and fix something up next week.

But in the meantime, you've got a race to run, so time to say the important stuff.  Good luck, my friends.

http://www.ransacker.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/good-luck-london-marathon-greeting-card.gif

• Options

Morning kk

Make that many, many beers!.  Good luck with the pacing and the fastest sweaty hug on record will be waiting for you at Mudchute

• Options
    Good luck everyone ..enjoy the experience... If you are at the Expo come and say hello. I will be in registration area..... old guy not much hair and glasses...with a big smile for you all....

Love the link Marko... it is one I use a races and always gets them going...
    .                                                              now it is your turn... be proud.image

See you all in Birmingham and Bedford oh !!! and Southend 10km in October as well....
  • Options

See you later x

Bye guys, we are off in a few minutes (well when I can get G out of bed).  See you all at the start or the finish or in Chandos I hope.

• Options

morning all my last posts before going to the park run, 16 miles cycling, then a double spin session and a swim afterwards image

Good luck to all competing thanks to Hash and Bridget for the support at mile 17, being here for the last 4 months has been one of the better things I have done since starting running, it has been a pleasure to join in  and contibute to the madnessimage

I am in the blue start no idea what pen yet I can't even remember what time i put, I think 4.30.

Have a good day everyone and see you in Chandos after and in here next weekimage

• Options

Have a great day tomo everyone - I cant get on this site on my Blackberry as its  too congested and wont load!! I can get my Facebook tho and some peeps have my mobile so if I dont speak to you all have a great run, remember you are doing this for you and the medal will make it all worth it!!

• Options

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

all the messages on this thread are making me blub!

last good lucks to everyone! and enjoy yourselves

oh - and I did Birmingham last year too - and am planning to do it again so would be great to meet up with team Hash image

• Options

Think I'm a bit late as most are heading off to expo or hotel rooms but GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suba and Jenni - looking forward to hearing how Stratford wentimage

I've never really posted on a forum before but thank you for making me feel so welcome in such a small amount of time.  It was great to meet up on our run and I hope to see some of you tomorrow and if not at a race in the near future.  Once again GOOD LUCK!

Big thanks to Hash for being so honest through a real tough time and looking forward to seeing you at mile 17 (and Bridget too)imageimage

The OH and in laws have been briefed on where to go, which tubes to use and where to stand.  Clothes are laid out, chip is on trainers, number pinned to t-shirt, bag packed - think I'm ready to do this!  Have fun everyone.

• Options

Oh lord, I',m about to cry too having played Mark's link image 

*Goes off to add tissues to the bag*

• Options
    sorry....... It will be amazing when we hear it tomorrow x
  • Options

Permission to have a wobble? 

Why why why did I put my running tracks on the i-pod on the way to the garden centre?  The first time I heard this was in the car on my way home from winning my one and only running trophy - first unattached vet at the Stopsley Striders 5K in 2005.  The only bit I heard at the time was "I'm running just as hard as I can, giving everything I've got....." 

It's got a whole new meaning now.

Normal service will be resumed tomorrow, promise.  I'm fine, really.  Well, mostly.  Oh fuck it, it's my party:

• Options

You can be a jelly if you want to Hash ((( )))

I've been out to do a few miles for you all this afternoon so that you can keep your feet up image

• Options
    Oh Hash the most massive hugs are coming your way! SO looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

I still feel pretty rough and have had a few 'shall I shan't I" thoughts but I know if I didn't even try after everything HUbby did to get me home I would feel worse!!!

Decided to stay home tonight and cancelled the hotel room and am now going on the train in the morning with a couple of other runners from here so I get hopefully a good nights sleep in my own bed.

Should be at blue start by 8.15 ish if anyone wants to meet up?

Wishing all those running a fantastic race and those supporting a huge THANK YOU, you have no idea how much you are appreciated.
  • Options
    what grid Number are you on pinks?
  • Options
    Pen 7 - what about you Mark? I am no 19218 and will be wearing a bubblegum pink top with Sara on front and Pinks on back. Have a fab run!!
  • Options

my number is at home at the moment......... but Im pen 6 White top blue shorts Mark on back Mark on the Front..........

So good to have you back Pinks

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭
    I am pen 6 on the blue start. Not sure what time I am getting there. I am 26664.

Oh and good luck everyone and that applies to Hash and Bridget as well. Looking forward to mile 17. I hope i still have a sense of humour when i get there.
  • Options
    I will be getting to Blue start around 8:30 ish....... Im so so nervous now
  • Options

Was feeling ok all day but after receiving several good luck texts the nerves have started to kick in.  Think I will go and have a bath and try to relax a bit before trying to get some sleep.

Love to you all and see you on the start line. (Extra special love to Hash and SB and see you at mile 17)

• Options

Ive had my bath and Im now sitting in bed...... on my netbook.....

GOOD LUCK ALL !

SEE YOU IN 26.2 MILES image

• Options

Extra big hug for Hashie.

I wish I was at mile 17. I'd give you a cuggle in person.

And I still think you're a bit bloody brilliant!

Good luck everybody! My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

PLEASE enjoy yourselves out there and remember your sunscreen.

(How much do I sound like your mother now)image

• Options
    Worst night 'sleep' ever..........anyone else up?? Here we go......................

See you all soon!! image
  • Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭
    I've been up since 4.30! Not feeling great and, well, lets say I am just glad that i have some immodium and i am hoping it works. Arghh!!
  • Options
    I'm on the minibus on the way to Blackheath. Hope everyone has a great day and lots of fun and happy memories to keep forever.
  • Options

Hey fab lotimage

It's really happening!  All the very best to all of you, have a wonderful day and just enjoy it.  This is what all those months of hard slog were for. so grab it with both hands, and play that song that Vik and Mark posted yesterday in your heads, and make us all proud

Okay, soppy stuff over, practical stuff:

Pinks and Pip I'm adding pro plus and immodium to the Mudchute bag.  There will also be a bucket of water as cold as I can get it, for dunking any bits of clothing you want to dunk.  If anyone needs anytthing else, you've got up until about noon to let me know - after that I'm not leaving Mudchute even for a pee in case I miss any of you!

LB - *mwah*l  Can't believe you and I have never actually met!