Options

Beachy Head Marathon

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    helly dhelly d ✭✭✭

Hope the elephants didn't keep you awake on your second night. Obviously if you weren't Parklife  I'd just be taking credit for finding running partners for random piratesimage

• Options

Hello helly d

Yes it was me who Parky ran with, I was late getting to the start but I did find her. Although I'm I'm not sure she planned to run with me as there were a few other Pirates there.

I know parky from another thread.

We are normally found on the thread slayers thread onRW.

Haha she mentioned the elephants in the room above.  

How did you get Helly d was this your first Beachy

• Options

It was you I planned to run with Tommy ... all worked out well in the end after you got there about 1 min before the start. image

Helly - the elephant had vacated on night 2 luckily or i might've had to tell them to pack their trunk. image  Hope you had a good race - do you know if it was a PB?  The results don't seem to be up yet.

• Options
    helly dhelly d ✭✭✭

There were indeed a few pirates, glad you found the right one,.Twas my 3rd Beachy and I managed to knock off  the best part of 20 minutes off last year so I'm happy.  I have a target for next year but I'm not admitting it till I know what the weather's going to be like.

• Options

Hey tommygun, I came in at 5.30 with pirate top on, had compression socks on, could have been me image

What a fantastic run, I enjoyed every second of it!!  The weather was amazing, scenery even better, and it was brilliant to meet some of the pirates for the first time.  Was my firsy Beachy Head and I will definately be back again next year image 

The rainbow at the end was fantastic!

• Options
    Just to say thanks B for the jelly babies and your OH for the jaffa cake..........image
  • Options

Hi pain is T

yep I guess that was you then, my wife and daughter said they saw you at a couple of points around the course and gave you the "come on Pirate" shout. Well done, that was my first and will be back nesxt year.image

• Options
    Yes the pirate support was fantastic all the way around!  Thanks to your wife & daughter! image  It was a real boost to get cheered on, I hope I said thank you to them and gave them a smile, I tried my best to smile all the way round, may have turned into a strange grimace by seven sisters though image
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I only found out I was running this 2 weeks ago, so had no time to train or anything.  I had only ran a half before, so I was delighted to finish at around 5 hours 40.  I can see why everyone gets addicted despite the pain!  Thanks to all the marshalls who were great and it was nice seeing the same faces again and again on the day.  Special mention to the canteen staff who were so cheery, even when the likes of us came through quite late on.  Must hsve been a long day for everyone.  I hope to return next year now image
  • Options

The results are out but unfortunately, due to what the organisers describe as a software glitch, only numbers rather than names are listed, apart from the top 10 finishers.

I have therefore suggested that the list of entrants' numbers is retained on the website, so times of friends and acquaintances can be checked.

• Options
    Yes that's a shame SDM!
  • Options

if the list of entrants numbers are still on the website then surely both lists can be exported into excel and combined in a matter of minutes?

• Options
    That would have been my assumption too TMW.  If I knew how to export PDF into Excel, i'd do it myself!
  • Options
    i would think the race software would produce output in some sort of csv or text format as well as PDF, but perhaps not
  • Options

Did the course fine in 3.42. Really chuffed with that what it being my first BH and all. Marshals were great and spectators too with the encouragement. Trail was just about ok in road shoes, though nearly came a cropper in the downhill section in the first forest part, where the trail forked to the right. Was a bit wary of the seven sisters but absolutely loved doing them in the race, and felt really strong at the end. All being well, definitely coming back next year. image