Options

Support Group 2

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Hello peeps, am signing off now till after tomorrow so just to say GOOD LUCK from Group 10, here's to a fab run for all, enjoy x
  • Options

Sorry slightly delayed reply... I will have my name on my red t-shirt it says NICKY is nice big white letters image

See you all tomorrow!

• Options

Jelly Beans - bought
    Jaffa Cakes - Bought
    Small bags & Lables - bought
    BIn Bags - bought
    Balloons - bought

Cuddles - packed
    Drinks - packed

Everyones requests - printed and packed

Pirate gear - ready for first wear of year

imageimageimageimageimageimage

See you all tomorrow xxxxxxx

• Options

Good luck to everyone!

See you at mile 17image

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Evening all. Hope you're all still at the pub having a well-deserved drink image.

I'd almost run past you (wasn't expecting you at the top of that small mountain, and was struggling) when I registered a chant of "Pirate, Pirate...." and it really fired me up! Also, the anticipation of mile 17 had kept me up to pace over the previous 5 miles, so huge thanks!

And the result was that I've finally, at last, cracked 3.30 imageimageimage! Couldn't quite believe I could maintain the pace, but staggered over the line in 3.27.11, so I'm really happy.

I hope everyone else had a great day, too!

• Options

Great stuff today Support Group 2 you've done a top job,   sorry I missed buying you a beer in Chandos,  we were waiting for a mate's brother to come in then  headed off to a pub in a different direction,  after a couple of beers I didn't have the willpower to backtrack!

Joddly,  were you in pirate gear?  If so I'm guessing that was you that came flying past me on the embankment looking at your time as I managed to get home 25 secs after you,  really struggled from 18miles in today.

Well done all

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Well done Joddly. Congrats. though I'm feeling peeved with you. How dare you. image Well done Jaffa.

I managed to pull; strain or otherwise injury myself somewhere around mile 14. I was trying to keep an eyeout for you all at mile 17 but missed you, even though I was watching the time on my watch. I could really done with some pain killeres. At that point I didn't think that I was going to finish. I did though the hoped for push at the end never came about, was all I could do to try and maintain pace. Then I had to work out how I was going to walk from the finish to Birdwalk cage. So glad of the Deep heat ice spray that got used on my calf, even so my shuffle was agony.

Lea et al, thank you for looking after my other half for me.

• Options

Thank you so much to everyone!

Knowing you were there kept me going from mile 13 when I started to feel a bit blue.  Even so, I very nearly ran straight past!  I must have missed seeing the mile 17 marker, & I think I was concentrating on the hill.  ( My hubby - who was assigned group 9 - actually did manage to miss the stand somehow!)

It was lovely to see your smiling faces & your good wishes really helped to perk me up. 

Thank you!! image

• Options

Thank you guys. You definitely kept me going, knowing Iwould see you at mile 17 and I was still smiling this time. I managed to keep smiling this year and beat my last time by 20mins so really chuffed and no wall! I missed a few mile markers as I thought I was approaching mile 22 when in fact it was mile 23 that was a huge boost!

It is an amazing thing to be part of ,the support is fantastic. I am never running a marathon again but I am coming  next year  to support and if I can be part of the runners world support count me.

Fantastic effort  thank you so muchimage

• Options
    Well done everyone, great to see so many wonderful people yesterday.  Nice to read about your experiences and achievements image

Massive thanks to Lee, Purple and her mate for holding the supporting fort while I was off wandering around checking on the Stella supplies image
  • Options
    Ah, that explains it, I was wondering where you'd gone Barley when I got to Mudchute image

Thanks so much Lee and PTL for the hugs and moral support, lovely to see you both. image

I finished in 4:50:58, knocking just under 22 mins off my time from last year - well pleased, and even more so that I only walked for 0.3miles overall.

Well done everyone, great day, thanks to all the supporters as well.
  • Options

A huge thank you to all you supporters yesterday. It was great to know that you were waiting to spur me on and supply me with goodies!

Quite why you wanted a piccie of me at that stage is beyond me though, I doubt I looked my best! (but probably better than in any photos at about 24-25 miles!!)  image

Thank you again!

• Options

*pops in to interfere*

Group 10 have started a list with all their runners times on

*leaves Group 2 to ponder the thought*

• Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    I have started a photo thread so that all photos can be found in one place
  • Options
    I don't know the names of the people I spoke to but thank you for recognising me and Carmen (who is pictured in his glamarous attire in the standard tonight) so quickly , it was really good to have something to look forward to from about mile 10 and I think the vodka injected jelly babies really helped take away the pain in the knee from my ITB. I had a great day out, got round in 4.20 and as the T shirt says: LonDONE!
  • Options

Thanks very much everyone!  My run didn't really go according to plan as I had tummy issues, but it was a great help knowing you guys would be at mile 17!!  I almost missed you so had to u turn to see group 2, but thanks very much for the jelly babies!

I did make it round in the end.... just very very slowly.

You are all great! Thank you!

• Options

I must be blind or completely dumb but where on earth was Mile 17 suppoort?  I was looking out for the Runner's world logo and numbers for the support groups throughout mile 17 but did not see you anywhere.  Hence I missed my vital carb gels and there was none left at mile 21.  I should haved some around with me.  Anyway finished my first marathon in 4 hours 16 mins

• Options

What a great day.  the crowds were fantastic, realised early on it was going to be tough for me so took the attitude that i'd really enjoy it which i did.  I didn't see mile 17 either?!  i looked but didn't stop i came past only a bit after predicted.  luckily had seen husband and son at mile 12 and they'd given me an extra gel which was my saving grace.

great day

auntied

• Options
    Was a great day, I managed 3:59!! well chuffed as I wanted sub 4. Sadly I completely missed the 17 mile point not sure what happened must has been in the zone haha. Nevermind hope someone else enjoyed my jelly babies! Will look forward to this next year if I get in, well done all......

Jon
  • Options
    way2slowway2slow ✭✭✭

Well, that was a fantastic day for once!!!! 3rd time for me and finally enjoyed it (no blisters, no torn calf and no time expectations)......managed to get round in under 4 hrs despite injuries messing up my training since feb: a huge thankyou to whoever it was who passed me my energy drink (once they'd managed to get it out the bag) - the little extra rest time was much appreciated image - hope someone made use of the gel i left behind!!   Roll on 2011!!!!!

• Options

I missed you too image

Started to get back ache at that point but just didnt spot you, needed the support then too.

BUT, loved the whole day and hoping someone found use for my sports beans. Wanted 4.30 but did 5.06.

First marathon and soaked up all the atmoshere and even took piccies whilst running. Mile 21-24 a complete blur though, turned the corner and could not believe the finish was there. Sprinted for my life with arms in the air to a fab finish but wondered where the hell the last 20 miles had gone.image

Ok, I recorded the whole coverage on tv, but everyone tells me they saw my finish at what I can only guess is the split screen finish after 5 hrs... Has anyone please got any idea how I can access that to watch it and keep it in my memories for ever and let my kids se it too. 

Fab day, will do it again as soon as I get in. Well done to everyone, just sorry I didnt get to meet you all.. image

Jacky 

• Options

What an amazing day, something I will never forget!!! Seeing you guys at mile 17 helped massively and the bottle of water over my head and body really helped!! Thank you!!! Managed my first marathon in 5 hrs 9 mins! and I am chuffed to bits with that time! Not speedy by any means but I finished and am so proud of myself as should everyone else!!

Well done one and all, it hasnt put me off! So maybe there will be an entry put in via the ballot?????

Hayley

• Options

Hi folks!  WELL DONE to all you fabulous runners imageimageimageimage  I was sorry that you didn't all make it to mile 17....we had our spreadsheets ordered in terms of who should be arriving first etc, and for those of you that missed us, we assume that that was in fact the case, or alternatively that the wheels had come off somewhere and you were really late according to your estimate!  I'm gald in a way that you didn't appear because you missed us, rather than because you were injured or something.

It was good to see those of you that made it though, and I'm glad the water helped Hayley!!!

it was quite something to watch thousands and thousands of runners go past, and i'm surprised I wasn't totally hoarse from all the shouting and screaming and cheering!  I've applied on the priority ballot for next year (sent to two time rejectees!) but i'll definitely support again if I don't get in.

So how are you all feeling?  Legs okay?!  i hope you've been wearing your medal to work this week! image

• Options

I'm so sorry but I missed you too - I am thoroughly ashamed of myself and have only just managed to summon the courage to confess. The ironic thing is that mile 16 was my quickest because I put a spurt on to give me time to spend a couple of minutes with you guys. Anyway, I eventually got round in 5.04.31, and yes  Lee - my medal is in my handbag ready to shove under the nose of anyone who shows even a vague interest. Funny how a glass or two of champagne can turn "never again" into "must apply as soon as registration opens"!

Thanks for all the organisation you all put in, especially when people like me mess it up.

• Options
    birderbirder ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

Sorry for the late post but my internet has been down for two weeks.

Big thank you to everyone involved in mile17 support, it was great to know I could pick up my fave drink at mile17 . it was something to look forward to, that and the support. Thank you for the big cheer, sorry i didnt stop for a hug but I was still on for a GFA time. Hope other runners found the jelly babies useful.

Managed 3.12 in the end which was amazing considering I wasn't running in feb due to a calf injury. Had a fab day and hope to see you guys again next year.imageimage

Didn't make it to Chandos cos of the three beers I had in Little Frankie's straight after the raceimage. Hope to make it there next year.

Well done to the supporters, you do an amazing job.

And a massive well done to all the runners, even if you didn't get the time you wanted, or didn't make it to the finish at least you were out there giving it a go!

• Options
    Addick Girl, you didn't mess anything up at all, so don't be worrying about that! Was just a shame that you didn't manage to pick up the stuff you left, or get a hug from us, but the main thing is that the race went well, and you enjoyed it image Well done! Glad to see you've been showing off your medal, that is half the fun!

Congrats on the time Birder, that is FAST!!! You'll be giving the elites a run for their money soon with times like that! I could probably manage that pace for about 200m! Hahaha. No worries about not stopping either, quite often runners don't stop which is fair enough - we'd hate you to bugger up your time just so we can hug you!! image The JBs were dished out to all and sundry, so thanks for that!

I've just been out for dinner with a guy who I ran the marathon with last year (we raised money for the same charity) and we were just laughing at how 'never again' turns into 'must apply for ballot' within about 24 hours of finishing the marathon, if that long!!! It is too irresistible isn't it!!! Either that, or we've all got a couple of screws loose..... I think the latter! Hehehe
  • Options

I'm one of the folks that managed to miss the Mile 17 Support group image. I saw Group 3 and somehow I missed you - I clocked in 4:02:31, which was as close as I could get to a 4 hpurs mara time with a torn meniscus - still PB by 11 minutes, so no moaning!

I am definitely looking forward to being a supporter next year, as what I've seen on the streets of London gave me goosebumps!

• Options
    AngieLAngieL ✭✭

I didn't even see numbers for any of the support groups!!  All the oxygen supply must have been directed to my legs, heart and lungs because as for my eyes I didn't see anything!!  I remember running past the boarded up Cutty Sark, Running Over Tower Bridge and Seeing Buckingham Palace at the end, but that's about all the Landmarks I saw.  I think I was in awe of everything; the crowds, the bands, the music and the atmosphere.  It is certainly one fantastic experience I will never forget!!!  My mum said the same.  She was supporting me and travelled across London to see me at different points along the route.  She had the time of her life

Roll on London 2011!!!!

PS anyone doing Bupa London 10,000 at the end of the Month?  I am running again with my other half