Options

Support Group 2

Comments

• Options
    birderbirder ✭✭✭

Rest day tomorrow and 6 very easy miles on wednesday.

Getting train down from Chester early on friday so I'll be at the Expo about friday lunchtime, just in time for some lunchimage

Looking forward to all the carbo-loading on friday and saturday - I love pasta image

I wish everyone a good rest-filled week - I'm sure you've all earned it! image

• Options
    Morning, did a very easy 5 miles yesterday and was going to try and do the same tomorrow. But as my luck has it, I have woken up with a very nasty sore throat this morning and not feeling great at all. Think a lot of rest is needed and hoping this goes away by Sunday!! image
  • Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Thanks for the pm Lea the Pea.
    I'm not paying enough attention to the world around me it seems.

Forum name: Bikermouse
    Name: Catherine
    Race number: 26146
    Estimated time to mile 17: 2:15 - 2:30
    What you'll be wearing: red shorts (skins) red vest with yellow stripe (club vest image) silver gey thong and bra. trainers and socks. knackered 'why am I doing this again' expression on face.
    Any special needs* water

I'm trying to encourage t'other half to join you as a supporter, if he does, look after him please.

• Options

Hi to all the newbies that have just joined.

Hope you are relaxing and enjoying the taper in the sun image.

Bikermouse - send OH over, we'll look after him!

• Options
    Hi Bikermouse, welcome image

We also have another joiner to our group - Jackiehall 8

"forum name: jackiehall8

name: jackie

racenumber: 16993

eta 17 mile:  3 1/2 - 4 hours unless things go pete tong

should be wearing black t shirt with 'jackie' on the front in white, and black stretchy pant cycle short type things. 

will leave some gels and bars at the expo - running out of energy is my biggest worry.

feeling a bit nervous now, the other half says i've gone a bit quiet. feel like i'm getting a cold, or am i just imagining it, just as i'm getting paranoid about every little twinge and ache.

must start making a list of what to take or i'm bound to forget something important.

and remember to eat well (no bowls of cereal for tea).

and rest (might just go to the gym today and tomorrow then rest till sunday).

and try not to think bout sunday too much. Eeeeeek!!!!"

• Options

Purple, do you think you could make our group 2 sign, its basically a big number 2 cunningly fashioned (A3 size) maybe on a piece of card, ill leave it to your artistic talents?

Lee, any news on flights? have you thought more about if youll look at an alternative.

Hows the spreadsheet coming along?  are all the recent additions on it?

• Options
    Oh and sorry I seem a bit absent, work is busy and im sorting out the pirate kit order..

Ill make up for it on Sunday
  • Options

Hi folks!  Welcome all the newbies image

Can't believe there are only 5 days to go!!!!!!! imageimageimageimage  I am getting more conerned about my flight down, and hence if i'll make it or not image  I could drive down, but to be honest i'm not sure I can afford it at the mo, esp. if I loose the money for the flight, although hopefully I won't.  I'll know more by the end of the week, and i'll decide what to do then.  I'll check out train prices too, though I hate to think what they'll be like!  image

Barley, spreadsheet nearly full image  If you PM me your e-mail, i'll send you a copy.  PTL, I'll send you it too if you give me your e-mail address.

I'm sad to say that Ruby77 won't be joining us, as she is also injured, and won't be running image  i'm hoping she might make it along anyway to come and watch, but i'll update you on that when i know more.  So there are only 4 folk i'm waiting to hear from - i'll PM them again later....

Claire Marshall 9
    Jenni Fox
    Mike Halpin 2
    Sarah Lawrence 3
    Snail Lady

i'll check back though in case they've posted and i missed it!

Oh and for those of you that are getting a bit sniffly - this is often par for the course when you wind down after all that training.  Make sure you take plenty of Vitamin C, drink lots, keep well hydrated and eat well, and that should see you right.  Don't panic too much, there are still a few days left, so the sore throats etc might have gone by Sunday.  You'll know yourself how you really feel, but remember if the cold is below the neck (i.e. in your chest), be careful - you don't want to put yourself at risk just to get to the start.  If in doubt, maybe go to the doctor, and see what they say.  I know that sounds a bit negative, but hopefully you'll all be fine, and it will just be a few sniffles from winding down. 

• Options

p.s the details I DO have are for the following:

Addick Gal
    Angela Hall 3 ***
    Basil Brush Mk II
    Bikermouse
    Birder
    Cupcakes Jess (first timer)
    Dina Mo
    Emma Thorpe
    Gigglenicky
    Hayley Nunn 2 (first marathon)
    Jackie Hall 8
    Jacky Patching (first marathon)
    Jaffa_Joddly
    Jon Charles (1st London)
    John Galpin 3
    Kittenkat
    Kitty_The_Cat
    Lindsy Gray
    Nancie Louise
    Penny W
    Rachel Dolan
    RunningBen
    SUSAN Cunningham 2 (1st marathon)
    Way 2slow
    Way Too Slow

If anything has changed since you gave me your details (i.e. ETA to Mudchute, what you're wearing /name on vest/special needs etc) just let me know and i'll update the list image

• Options

Hi Lee the Pea

I am so nervousimageI don't know whyimage I have been over the distance once and know I can do it . I ran 5 miles yesterday and my legs felt like lead is this normal or is it all in my headimage

My name on my vest is Emski in pink.

• Options
    Emma, heavy legs are all in your head, ive had the same experience shortly before a big event.

Taper, rest, hydrate and carbo load over the next few days.  You will have a great race.

Its looking like a warm one so when ive time ill post some thoughts on what to consider.

• Options

Where the support point is:

Just want to emphasise that if youre hoping to see the supporters, make sure you are clear where to find us (details a page or two back).

Also worth making a point to remember we're at 17 miles, its not unsual for people to forget and remember a mile after theyve passed.

It is near impossible for us to pick out runners so we'll need you to find us.

Other stuff?

if there is anything we can help with, questions (maybe about where we'll be) then please ask in the next couple of days.  If you encounter last minute problems we may be able to help with those to.

• Options
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Where the support point is:

Just want to emphasise that if youre hoping to see the supporters, make sure you are clear where to find us (details a page or two back).

Also worth making a point to remember we're at 17 miles, its not unsual for people to forget and remember a mile after theyve passed.

It is near impossible for us to pick out runners so we'll need you to find us.

Oh and when you do spot us, just run up to the Group 2 sign and shout your forum name, we'll be expecting you and have anything youve asked for ready.
  • Options

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for welcoming me at short notice!

I think I might leave some gels at the expo.  Do I just bundle them together with my name on? Also would problably benefit from some jelly babies (anything sugary) do I supply those too?

Sorry to ask what are probably already answered questions.

• Options

Come to think of it I don't think I originally gave my ETA to mile 17.

Given that it will probably take about 10-15 minutes to cross the start line, I'm hoping to get to you about 12.45 - 1.00pm (ish). I'll leave a couple of gels at the Expo for you.

The weather is looking as if it will be good for you supporters, but a bit warm for us runners.
    20 deg and sunny could make it a bit draining!

• Options
    evening team 2,   how we all feeling today?image
  • Options
    Having an arghmadpanic moment here. 'twill pass...image How you doin'?
  • Options
    Just looked in the most obvious place and found the answers to my questions!
  • Options

can't wait till Sunday now,  I've not looked forward to a marathon this much for ages. 

Have  decided not to swim tomorrow morning but to have a lie in for another 1/2 hour instead, rest is key at the moment.

• Options

Well it looks like we may be making it back on Friday now.... although a friend has popped into my house and sent off my deferment.  Think if I get back late Friday, early Saturday, the marathon will be a bit much.  Besides, since deciding to defer I've been able to go on some nice long runs along the seafront and through the mountains (courtesy of a disused rail track) image

Looks like it's gonna be hot for you lot....I'll be watching from home and sobbing into a cushion (or if I'm 'unlucky' I'll be watching from Spain with a Sangria)!

BB will you be supporting next year? If so can I get into your group again?

• Options

HEY LEE THE PEA - sorry for the delay - i havent provide you any details at all have I - doh! im not snail lady for no reason ; )

My no is; 49667 

will be wearing a blue and bright yellow Lupus West Midlands vest with K A Y  tapped on the chest

At mile 17 I should be - between 3 hours and 3 1/2 sorry to be so vauge (if it helps ive been doing 20 mile in just under 4 hours in training but im not sure what to expect on the day!).

Need any more info just shout - sorry its taken me so long to wake up! BTW how will i know which one is my supporter???

• Options
    oh and maybe pink butterfly wings (charity symbol is a butterfly......) depends if they chaffe...i may be wing free.
  • Options
    RunningBen - Anything you want us to hand you needs to be dropped off at the Expo RW stand (tell them its for RW supporters), it need to be tied in a clear plastic bag with a note saying your support group, running number and forum name, cheers.

DinaMo, I thought of you last night when I read that the planes were flying again.  Maybe still a wise decision to defer given the stress youve had and getting back late on Friday, I suppose youre still in two minds given that its been a focus for your training.   I shall deff be supporting again next year (unless im running).

Snail Lady, thanks for the info, good luck on Sunday.
  • Options

Hi All,

Hope you are keeping the nerves at bay and are not having marathon nightmares like me!. 

I sent in the information you needed re: race time etc but I have changed what I am wearing instead of black I will have an orange charity SOS top with my name on it.  Do you want a photo?

Has anyone tried the addidas track the runner text service?, I tried it and put my number in and someone elses name came up.  Got me slightly worried!.

Looks like it will be a hot one so don't forget the suncream.

All the best to you all, enjoy the atmosphere and be proud of how far you have come : )

Lindsy

• Options

Lea - Can you add this one to the spreadsheet:

Nevertoolate - "I'll be following the sub 3 pacer so guess that means coming through about the 2 hour mark? Don't know my number, will get it later when at home, but will be wearing a blue and yellow Fila vest and a grimace, just like this image"

• Options
    Sorted out some big yellow "2" balloons imageimage  watch out for them
  • Options
    Is that offical, group 2 sign is YELLOW 2 Balloons?

This is what the support point will look like (picture was taken about 9am last year), Runners you will be coming from the right of this picture, so the support point will be on the right (immediately after the water station which you can see the banners for)

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/blueprint_03/P1000085.jpg

• Options

Support groups will be sequencially along the railing so you need to pass group 1 and come to us (the best group).

• Options

Afternoon All.

Thanks for all the updates folks, i've updated the sheet.  The only folk i'm still waiting on hearing from are:

Claire Marshall 9Jenni Fox (first marathon)Mike Halpin 2 (first marathon)

I'll PM them again later.  Sorry to hear you're not running Dina Mo, esp. since you might be back in time now, but B said, maybe for the best if it has been a stressful week, and at least you've been able to enjoy your holiday image

Well fingers crossed my flights are okay for Saturday morning, otherwise I'm not likely to be able to come along.  I'm really worried about my job, so I'm very reluctant to shell out money I don't even have for a train ticket when i've already paid over £100 on flights.  image  I'll keep you updated when i know more.  I'll be totally gutted if I can make it down!

Barley, can you PM me your e-mail and i'll send the spreadsheet to you?

Cheers,

Lee

• Options

Quick question, what time would you suggest getting to start area? I dont want to be in a rush, but dont want to be to early either!!! I was thinking 8.45 too late to early? Please let me know.

Thanks Hayley