It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Muss, this sunday will be the 2nd. The following week is just 16 following the tt then essentially I have 3 sundays before taper so they will all involve a 20 and beyond.
Though papers are reporting leaked lockdown exit road map details today and it doesn't look like there'll be any racing until May. I guess if that proves true i'll need to look at plans a bit as on the one hand you could say another 5 weeks means i'll be super prepared but of course there's only so long you can be knocking out 20 milers and 10mile steady tempos for without asking for trouble.
I never feel the benefit I think and expect to receive when I have a cut back week. That's why I don't have full rest days. My only rest day this year was 01st January and that's because I was too rough!
Out later on for an easy 12.
Sounds like a decent week there, Muss. Will set you up nicely to build upon. That's why I don't venture too far off certain core loops for my longer runs, fear of turning 20 into 23!
Sorry to hear you are still struggling, Alehouse. Anything else the Drs can try to ease the situation?
12M wed, 5m recovery Thursday then a decent session of 9m Friday alternating between 6.30s and 6.00s, average pace was 6.21. Easy 20 yesterday gave me 62m for the week. A lighter week this week as I taper slightly into Fridays TT.
AD- How did physio go?
Alehouse, hope things improve sooner than that for you.
Muss, I have one big 15m loop that I use as my core than pull in different bits from different loops I have elsewhere to feed into that to make up additional miles until 22 when I need to pull in everything!
Still waiting to hear if Dorney will be on for certain. Obviously the Government have said organised sports can take place from 29th March and the organisers believe that means it can happen, however they have to wait on England Athletics to talk with sport England as it maybe a race of this nature isn't classed a organised sport but more an 'event' and so cannot take place until after 12th April. On a positive, the organisers have a reserve date of 24th April and there's no reason that couldn't happen. An extra 3 weeks training probably wouldn't be the end of the world.
Onwards as normal though until I hear otherwise. Tune up session yesterday of 10 x 2 mins off 1 min. Easy reduced 9m MLR today and just 4m recovery tomorrow. Conditions Friday lunchtime look perfect.
Thanks, Alehouse, I've seen many a man, arrive on the scene, get to a level, not get any faster and pack it in, in my 10 years so getting my rewards now for the perseverance.
Muss, when you're in a racing and racing all out, scenary etc is not a consideration. If you are out there for 2.5 hours in a half then maybe it's a factor.
36.11 today in my TT. Included in that was a 40s 5k pb of 17.51 as well.
Dorney is 5 weeks tomorrow.....I hope!
Good monthly tally, Muss.
Good to hear, Andrew.
I finished feb with 230m, my second highest month ever.
Session today of 10 x 3 mins off 1 min jog. I covered 6.3m in 39.03 so a sub 39 min 10k in there. Didn't feel too troubling either.
Still waiting absolute confirmation on Dorney. Apparently UKA are awaiting confirmation from department of culture, media and sport that covid safe racing can resume.
Alehouse- How are things now? I can't recall if I answered your question re a back up race. Dorney has a reserve date of 24th April which works for me and comes after the next phase of opening so a far greater chance of happening.