Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Got lost on my run this morning image

I did however do 3kms at planned 70.3 pace at the end of a 20km run

Maths - often find my bikes are worth more than my car and my car was new 5 years ago
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hey all image

How is everyone getting on?

Gobi - are you following the tour?

More SOCs for me as i'm doing long days at work.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    E mmy - went to the Netherlands at the weekend image

I spent all my time keeping up on Twitter image
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Gobi - where were you? image You could have stopped in image

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Utrecht and Zeeland - did the first 2 stages

Basically arrived in Utrecht Saturday Lunchtime and left Zeeland Sunday 1700 ish

:??0
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

That's a hard weekend! I heard it was packed in Utrecht on Saturday? It was rather warm!

I'm about an hour south of Utrecht image

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Yes it was brilliant, atmosphere and weather off the chart

I drove straight to Zeeland afterwards
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening

Emmy - good to hear from you

ridiculously long day at work today, so nothing for me

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

nice chill in the air this morning - 4.5 miles done image

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Another solid day but that is it

18 days and 45 hours of training

Tomorrow I go easy
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

School's out for Summer!

5.5 miles in the sunshine at 6am with the middle three miles at 10K pace. Hammy a bit tight but I was otherwise feeling good. Contemplating a 15K next weekend before I head off for a week in Holland and Germany.

No high fives this morning but Tooting Common's little rat colony was quite active.

Spin class later, so I'll squeeze in some weights beforehand. I didn't do any exercise yesterday at all (due the tube strike I got a lift from another teacher so I missed my morning walk) so I guess I had some energy to burn.

• Options

Morning all - managed to get out on the bike for an hour, then a 6 mile run. Nice volume Gobi. Are you packing your trainers for your hols Cal? Good to hear from you Emmy.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Easy hour and it was nice :??)
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

I'm not going to have the chance, Kate. I'm a coaster nut, so we'll be visiting different fairs and theme parks every day. Plenty of walking around but no running.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

cal - happy holidays! I still have a week and a half to go....

jut an evening bike ride for me

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning

soc 'getting oldest son off to his duke of Edinburgh expedition' then I had a run. Off to swimming club swim, although I would love to go to the lake!

hoping to get a sneaky trail bike ride in later too

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

9.18 miles at a grey and rainy yet very muggy and uncomfortable 6am. Took me 1:35:44 which is very slow and to be honest, it was a slog. I was planning on running at a comfortable pace but I'd envisaged 10-10:15 pace, not 10:25 average which is what I managed (there was even a 11 minute mile at the end).

Still, I had a hard day of exercise on Friday, which is normally a rest day (due to school) so I know pretty much why today's run went as it did. (Also the fact that it's too hot in my flat to put my oven on, so my carbs have come from fruit and the chocolates my pupils gave me rather than baked potatoes - less than ideal really).

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

cal, well, you still did your run. I stayed in bed, so missed my planned 10 miler totally! And we have to go to Derbyshire to collect my oldest son today so no more time. However, I reckon I must have needed the sleep. Maybe I can find time amongst the madness tomorrow to do a double. Not quite the same but would be good anyway

• Options

Morning all - little run and weights this morning, aquabike yesterday at Hever Castle. Tough course, was most impressed by the people out there doing the full ironman, and it felt pretty aqua all the way as it chucked it down. Getting ready for holiday too as off to Lake Garda on Saturday, I'm excited enough about a week, 6 weeks would be marvellous.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening

on a course this morning, so 6 miles before breakfast, dropped kids off then 4k swim in the pool, then the course and a 4 mile run afterwards. School concert tonight, not sure how I am going to stay awake!

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Yoga, very short weights session and spin today. Legs are a little tired. Big baked potato for lunch. Hopefully I'll have my running legs back for tomorrow.

• Options

Run and swim tonight, feels like the daylight has disappeared.

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Yeah, me too. Nonetheless, despite the cloud, it was very muggy out this morning. Not pleasant. Just under 6 miles in just under an hour with a couple of mile intervals: mile 3 at 10K pace (9:11) and mile 5 fast (8:38).

Yoga at 10am.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

I need the sun to come back during school time - we made sundials and learnt how to read the time from them but the sun has been in ever since so we haven't actually taken them out and read the time!

and the mornings are getting dark again already image

rest day today

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

It's depressing how quickly that happens, eh? Fortunately, being on summer break means I can run a bit more often without having to crawl out of bed at 4am.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening

6 miles this morning, loads of snails and slugs after the rain last night and some rabbits

• Options

Hill reps and steps this morning, NW 4 cats. Street lights on at 5am, boo.

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Felt a bit lacklustre yesterday - did an early yoga class, then threw some weights around for half an hour before my spin class. Perked up a bit later so I decided to walk to the new Runner's Need that's opened in Clapham Junction (which turned out to be a bit nicer and better stocked than the tiny Sweatshop in Clapham North) to pick up a belt to hold my keys and gels. Had a good walk on Wandsworth Common on the way back. I've run around it several times but never really explored it properly before. I was out for over two hours so not sure how far I walked, but it was probably around 5-6 miles and mostly at a good clip.

Today I just did an easy lap of Tooting Common (3.68 miles), average 10:25 pace. Race on Sunday so no point in burning myself out before then. I've not had a rest day since I broke up so I'm going to take tomorrow and Saturday a lot easier with just yoga. Not that Bikram yoga is easy mind you!

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning guys

I'm at home this morning so got out for 2hours on the bike with my normal crew which was rather nice.

I haven't had a rest day since April 24th but I am very good at easy days image
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    By the time I made the pool today I think the SOC had gone. 7am swim and then some vanity work.

i am just seen the weather for my race on Sunday and am thinking I may not be there.