Options

MBNA Chester Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Drizzly rain !
  • Options

I did Macc half a couple of years ago and enjoyed it, despite having a shocking hip problem at the time, sorted quite quickly by wearing prescription orthotics. The only thing was, I got beaten by Fred Flinstone, and I thought I did ok coming in under 1.45.

But even that was surpassed by being pipped at the line by a six foot sunflower at the Stoke half.

I'm going to try and put a picture on, but it wouldn't work yesterday, something about a file being too big? Anyway, don't hold your breath, not much to look at anyway.

• Options

Morning everyone - being a local I have been lurking on this thread for a while. 

I live near Sandy Lane so will be popping out to cheer you up the hill on Sunday.

Good luck everyone.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Morning allimage

Had to cheer out loud in the car this morning when the forecast said the wind would be dying down in the course of the day!!image

I'll be arriving in Chester early tomorrow and will be going for a gentle jog

KR- that's one steep climb in that picture!!image

Deva- thanks for that!! Will be much appreciated!image

• Options

/members/images/340550/Gallery/High_Legh_2010.jpg

As you can see, the Union Flag vest is a bit of a regular feature.

Give me a shout when you run past me on Sunday!!

• Options

No pics I'm afraid ( camera shy or just plain ugly ? )

Will be in Hospice of Good Shepherd vest .

My son Craig ( first race ever ) and also from Buckley , will be in a cancer research vest .

Unlucky clingers see you at the finish line .

All the training done now and the adrenalin kicking in , or am i just pooing myself ?

See you Sunday , bright and early .

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Throat still grumbling and a bit sniffly ... hope it doesn't get worse.

2 more sleeps! image

• Options

Got weekend of work now sitting at home twiddling my thumbs itching to run!!!!!......and I can't!!!.......image

Cant wait now well excited and nervousimage

Rob I'm from Wrexham and  Buckley Boys spent many a good night in the Tiv!!!image Back in the day......emm (sits back and remembers miss spent youth)image

• Options

TR 39 - Most of my mis spent adult hood was in the Tiv!! The gutterband particularly!

Went out for 3m this am and my legs ache like hell but all is good.

KR - Thought you were wearing a leather jacket?image From the photo it will be easy for us to recognise each other as long as one of us is lying down! which, lets be honest is a distinct possibility at some point on sunday!

Keep fit and well all.

DD - Supported massively appreciated -  You decided to go to Sandy Lane for the comedy element image!

• Options
    Men Had some mad nights in the Tiv seen some cracking bands there toimage
  • Options

wrexham Rob.. I met you at the great welsh in April.. didn't realise you were running Chester.... be good to see you again over the weekend will message you my number if you want to meet up, I'm heading to chester tonight... although unfortunatly no longer running on sunday as I pulled my Hamstring last sunday and am still suffering  and my coach has advised not to race image really disapointed as was on target to do another pb...

oh well a few weeks recovery and I'll aim to do a half before christmas and aim for a strong spring marathon i guess...

rob give me a call if you want to meet up for pasta sat night!

• Options

Ha Ha Ha the Tiv my son's band plays there occasionally, says it's like the Blues Brothers where they play behind the screen!

• Options
    Heading to Chester this afternoon, I hope it's a lot less windy than it is in Liverpool!!!
  • Options

Have been busy at work this morning and not had a chance to eat as much as usual!!

Better get back on track.

• Options
    Last run this morning...3miles...900 training miles done.....first marathon....bring it on.....good luck to everyone........and most of all let's enjoy the day! image
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

I nipped out for one final run ... 4 miles with 1 of them at pMP. Felt nice and easy. That's it now ... eat, sleep and race!image

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Met office forecast for Chester:  Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Windy and generally cloudy with outbreaks of rain. It will become brighter on Tuesday, with lighter winds, although with some showers near the coast.

Issued at: 0337 on Fri 7 Oct 2011

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Westerly winds (good as we're mainly running and North-South and then South- North) of 13-14 mph. Light rain,  14-16 degC.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=chester&day=2

That' not too bad. image

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Mennania - colours noted. Incidentally, your post stated no. as 2438, when you messaged me it was 2483 . . . . .   ??? 

Got a copy of OS map, and plan to view at approx 10, half, 15ish, 20ish, then dive in car and back for finish. My pal will hopefully be not too far from you and KR, so hope to shout at you all. 

Really hope the pair of you have a great race !! 

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    well my 5th marathon is nearly here coming from saddleworth tommorrow eveing staying 2 miles from race course at travel inn south west just across from sainsburys going to drive to venue of swimming tonight and tommorrow at 8am
  • Options
    Tattoedrunner & MennaNia even tho I'm from Wrexham (Minera /Coedpoeth really) and now live in Mold & run with Buckley runners , I don't think I've ever been insidebthe Tiv - though have waited in Somerfield car ark in early hrs many a time waiting for my daughters !
    Deva Duck - hey ifbyou can cheer us up Sandy lane that would be great

Pondering plans for pastav tomorrow- very tempted to come into town , will discuss c other half - she may be relieved to avoid pre - marathon talk.

But first need to decide whether to getbup at0600 for the Rugby
  • Options

Well the coin has been tossed , and thats it ... I'm running (well sort of) ... foot still sore and ankle really tight, but managed 2 miles yesterday morning with no adverse affects (it didn't get any worse) ... so I'm in !image (although time estimate my have to be managed down somewhat !!)

Plus the fact that where we do the small loop at around 11 - 12 miles, I can take a right turn there and home is only 2 miles away if its all going horribly wrong!

Rob, I think I've only ever been in the Tiv a couple of times myself, and from memory they weren't very edifying experiences , not like the plush uber clubs like Peppers and the Ferryman image

Am liking the look of the weather a bit more now , although could do with the wind dropping a notch or two !

• Options

2483 Birch - My number dyslexia is alive and kicking, bit of a worry given I am a quantity surveyorimage.

You getting at the start to see everyone off then? Would be nice to meet up and say hi. What time is your running pal looking for?

• Options

Wrexham Rob - What do you mean have to decide to get up to watch the rugby? That clearly isnt a real question as there is definitiely only one answer!! Cum on the boys!

Also will use the early morning rise to practice my breakfast routine for sunday and do my planned 2 mile recovery jog (as said before not sure what I am recovering from) between the games.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    5.03m recovery tonight and legs feeling fresher by the dayimage. Leaving for Chester tomorow morning- short 4m jog planned for tomorrow and 26.2 for Sundayimage. Hotel's got wifi apparently so will be online tomorrow all being well
  • Options
    What time is everyone getting to the racecourse on Sunday? I'm thinking of getting there at 8.
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I havent worked out my travel arrangements for the 10 or so miles from  caergwrle yet but would like to be there before 8. Might runimage
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    8 o clock for me. Only 1.8m away, but i will NOT be runningimage 
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Mennania - 2483 it is, then !  No, not planning to be at start - decided to go from here (Sheffield) to Holt area, and spectate where I said, hopefully. Definitely want to support you & KR, and would be great to see you after you finish (not always easy, I know, after the big event).

My friend did a 1:29:54 at Nottingham half, (10th female), which was a massive PB. She's aiming for 3:15 ish, which I definitely think she can achieve, having trained with her these past few months. So, all being well, I can support the 3 of you at each point without having to risk missing anyone and being under time pressure to move on.