Options

MBNA Chester Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Birch - Let me know her number and vest colours and i will keep an eye out for her given we are all running in the same space at the same time. I am eating at a restaurant on the course after so should be able to meet up. Look forward to it!
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    look out for me runner 3131 in blue/white chester marathon 2010 t-shirt
  • Options

Had a fall on Monday & went to A&E for x rays on ankle - no breaks but badly sprained - Ahhhh !!!

However the power of positive thaught and pleanty of rest has worked wonders - it was in the balance but I have made my decision and I am running on Sunday !! My first ever full mara so really looking forward to it

I will be the larger bloke in a Shropshire Shufflers vest and dont care about a time - just want to get around but I do a half in 2hrs 15 so going on the add 20 mins idea I should be around the 5 hr mark - I can live with that plus I have been full of cold but getting over it now thankfully

Best of luck to everyone - see you Sunday - shout Hi Shrek if you see me but you lot will all be well ahead of me I think !!

• Options
    MennaNia - great - like the idea of up early Saturday to practice for Sunday - it's the 1/4 final for World cup after all doesn't come round that often !
    Aiming to get to Racecourse for 0745 to 0800 -parking & find conveniences and meet my pacer image
    Maybe treat myself to a Sunday paper to read in the queue to exit, or stay and have post marathon Guinness in bar before leaving - MennaNia did you says bars & cares open ? Caergwrle - wow , that's on my commute route Mold - Wrexham daily image - make sure you get up early enough to get all that way to Chester racecourse for 0800 Sunday image
    ( I can't ever write racecourse , without thinking of my beloved Millenium of the north the Wrexham Racecourse - home of the fans owned Club , top of premier league ( blue square ) Wrexham Fc .
    But I'll be in Blue Buckley Runners vest or T on Sunday .
    Hmmm pasta at home or in Chester with runners Saturday night ?
    Hey Shrek - I'll give you a shout - I'm only aiming ir 4:15
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Mennania - not sure of number, but bib has name - "Linda" , and vest bilious yellow with green side panels.  Looking forward to it! 
  • Options
    Hi Shrek!

I wont be far from you, hoping to break 5hrs, did 5.08 in London this year so fingers crossed x image.

• Options

Rob, Pottermiss and Shrek, think I'll join in with you guys I like the sound of your pace image

Mennania, Caergwrle ? ... thats right on the doorstep ... I'm AbermordduCefn-Y-Bedd

• Options
    Bruce Cefn y Bedd Caergwrle - ahh all the outer rim of Mold really image
    Mold Caergrle Fagl lane one of my regular 12 mile mile route ,
  • Options

Just pinning my number on now with my favourite pins! I've got a list of thing to take and paniced today at work when i realised I hadn't put running shoes on it - had to send an email home to reimind myself! Surfice to say they are sitting by the front door ready to go in the car.

Liking all the Welsh place and road names, although you'd probably laugh at me trying to pronounce them!
    Glad i don't have to get up @ 6.00am to watch the rugby though, 8.30 ais  more reasonable time image.

• Options

Great to hear all last minute plans - Race HQ just about to close for the night - All going to plan image

Thousands of bags of Haribo, packets of Love Hearts, Mars Bars etc all packed in Goody bags today and waiting for you all at the finish.

Good times!

• Options
    i'm leaving tmoro for chester tmoro at midday. Still got to sort out the club tent and pack a few things - i must remember the toaster. I'm stopping a couple of miles down the road in the holiday inn so will get to the racecourse for 7ish to pitch up the club tent and get stretching.
    The weather doesnt look too bad, its changed again to sunny spells, but the wind has gone up to 18mph which is the main factor, temp is mild.
    Good luck to everyone, and ill try and keep my eyes open for Mark w, Jason d and Dr Dan who will be running somewhere around me hopefully.
  • Options

Anyone still looking for a restaurant?

We went to Sergio's last night to see off some friends from our club, very nice and extremely good value

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Decided to get the last minute jog out of the way before leaving- 4 very easy miles and legs seem fineimage. Leaving soon, should be online later, but in case there's a problem with the hotel wifi... best of luck everyone!imageimageimage
  • Options

Hi everyone just got back from my 20 min jog and stretch... Nerves are deff kicking in..........

Wrexham Rob, Ottermiss, Shrek and Bruce C what numbers do you have, as you look as if you will be running at my pace. I am 693. It would be great to run with someone from Wrexham. Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow!!

Best of Luckimageimageimage

• Options

Nice to see taper madness and indecision has turned into determined  focus and planning!

Bruce C - did you do the 20 miler in chester a few weekends ago? I thought I recognised you. what are your plans for getting there? Share a cab?

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Great to hear all last minute plans - Race HQ just about to close for the night - All going to plan

Thousands of bags of Haribo, packets of Love Hearts, Mars Bars etc all packed in Goody bags today and waiting for you all at the finish.

Good times!

well can not wait now setting of about 4-30 should be just over 1 hout to get there
  • Options
    Haribo image

I am number 4149, red club vest (Whitchurch Whippets).

Going to have a quiet relaxing day today. Good luck to everyone!
  • Options

Morning all

Great to here all the Wrexham villages being mentioned, from Lodge (Brymbo) originally now Rhyl debating whether to travel to Mums and come up from there.image

Have a great race all!!!

• Options
    Thought I would pop in and wish everyone the best of luck. Wish I could be joining you all. I shall look forward to all your reports
  • Options

Hi everyone - good luck for tomorrow and hope the weather is kind to us!!

Hoping to beat my Edinburgh Marathon time.

Chris H - is there a foil blanket in the goody bags?  Just wondered as will bring my own if not. ( There wasnt any at Edinburgh Marathon).

• Options

Well I am just about to leave to go to my parents in Saltney.  Nervous but excited at the moment and hopsefully this will calm overnight.

Good luck everyone, my number is 2788 in a lime green T shirt.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Arrived in Chester. Only issue is that the hotel can't do breakfast before 8.30image. Off to buy some breakfast bars!

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    bringing my own breakfast for tommorrow then a full one on monday not very often for me that
  • Options
    I don't think its sunk in yet that I'm going to run a marathon tomorrow. Probably a good thing!!
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    gary

it will do when we all have done it just do not go of to fast or you will burn up early on
  • Options

Having one of those days.

Fell down the stairs this morning - no injury other than pride, Have an upset and tender stomach (too much pasta which clearly doesnt agree with me) so now on liquid carbs for the rest of the day.

I remember with much fondness when I was younger and had a liquid diet (mind wanders back to Tivoli Ballrooms..)

Right, wheres Mr Ps list re pre race day routine.. Where's my garmin? Where's the charger.....?

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    more pasta for me in few mins then setting of first to petrol stn
  • Options
    Cheers Compo. Thanks for the advice, a few people have warned me to be careful of the adrenalin rush in the first few miles making you go off too fast.
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    my 5th one so know how to pace just want to get past 22.5 miles non stop
  • Options

I had  a wander down to the racecourse this morning, all looks good, going good to soft.