Options

Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Options
    image We have got to decide whether to put Sally down this week.
  • Options
    I thought that decision had already been taken, Mr P? image
    (Do you think we should explain who Sally is for non-Mundanites?) image
  • Options
    Serves you right ,you arse, for walking around the office in bare feet!
  • Options

Some brackets (((( ... )))) for all those with car troubles.  Those days are not at all long behind me and I can still feel your pain!!

Spike sends Love light and peace wrote (see)
    Serves you right ,you arse, for walking around the office in bare feet!

LOL!!! Feckin hippies!! image

• Options
    I did not just tell the operator at Santander that he was being a major pain in the arse and that their *help* line was a pile of crap simply because I got one of the 500 security questions wrong and now I have to take a trip to the branch to set up my internet banking which was working perfectly well when they were Alliance and Leicester...image
  • Options
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)

I was at your  house.  You have dogs.  I have got flea bites.  Given what I do for a living I know what a flea bite looks like.  I strongly suspect you treat your dogs with the crap you can get in supermarkets not the proper stuff.  Please do not be offended that this has been pointed out to you, I am not doing it to be nasty just warning you that your house might be hoaching and  you need to do summit about it.

<scratch scratch>  TP x

In all fairness, the expensive stuff you get from the vet isn't very effective anymore. image

scratch scratch - I'm allergic to flea bites and so's my little boy. image

we've spent a fortune on spray recently.

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I've just set up internet banking with Santander - I logged in the first time about ten minutes ago. There are an awful lot of security questions.

I was going to go out for a run this morning. I'm wearing my running kit, but have retreated under the duvet because it's so blinking cold. I am being productive, just not in the way I meant...

• Options
    If anyone finds my motivation please wake it up and send it home
  • Options

There's nothing wrong with putting coleslaw on mackeral fillets. My lunch and I'll eat it how I want to.

• Options
    I mouse wrote (see)
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)

I was at your  house.  You have dogs.  I have got flea bites.  Given what I do for a living I know what a flea bite looks like.  I strongly suspect you treat your dogs with the crap you can get in supermarkets not the proper stuff.  Please do not be offended that this has been pointed out to you, I am not doing it to be nasty just warning you that your house might be hoaching and  you need to do summit about it.

<scratch scratch>  TP x

In all fairness, the expensive stuff you get from the vet isn't very effective anymore. image

scratch scratch - I'm allergic to flea bites and so's my little boy. image

we've spent a fortune on spray recently.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.  If you buy the proper preventative product for the pet in its environment (they depend on whether ticks are an issue and whether you have a mixed cat/dog house)  and use the correct dose for the weight and apply at the correct intervals then it very unusual to have an animal with a flea infestation. 

If you've had an infestation in your house then you need to treat with spray according to the instructions (it takes about 7 hours to do a house) and repeat in 10 days or so.  That should get rid of lavae and eggs.

If you just spray the house or the pet once they've got them then you're basically wasting your money.

• Options
    TP so far I've only used the supermarket stuff (both flea drops and worming) and we've never had either (fingers crossed). We're at the vets tomorrow for annual jabs.  Do you think their stuff is superior and I should get her to do it?  image
  • Options
    gingerfurball wrote (see)
    I did not just tell the operator at Santander that he was being a major pain in the arse and that their *help* line was a pile of crap simply because I got one of the 500 security questions wrong and now I have to take a trip to the branch to set up my internet banking which was working perfectly well when they were Alliance and Leicester...image

GFB - if you can, i recommend moving to First Direct or HSBC, they're MUCH better, esp. FD.  Santander are utterly crap, and the security things are too hard to remember, lol.  I've had to reset it about 3 times.  I changed my current account from A&L, and I've only got a santander credit card now, but I want to transfer the balance to another card because I hate them so much. 

Rant for today: period pains - F*CK OFF NOW!!!  I'm sick of this shit, totally and utterly sick of it image

• Options
    Dear Tit,

Stop sending conversation invites, an email will suffice.
  • Options
    Nam wrote (see)
    TP so far I've only used the supermarket stuff (both flea drops and worming) and we've never had either (fingers crossed). We're at the vets tomorrow for annual jabs.  Do you think their stuff is superior and I should get her to do it?  image
    In a word, yes the stuff which is vet only is stronger than the stuff you can buy in supermarkets.  You can also buy the good stuff online too but you need to know what you are buying as some can't be used on a dog in a house where there is also a cat as it is poisonous to cats.  You don't need to get the vet to do it, just buy a 6 month supply and do it at home.
  • Options

TP - I have to disagree with you. My vet disagrees with you as well. I use the correct dose for the size of animal and use it at the correct intervals. I have 3 cats, no dogs. We have fleas. one cat is on Frontline the other 2 are on advocat(sp)? (the other cat is allergic to this).

The vet concurs that these are no longer effective against fleas as they once were. Frontline esp so. The nurse said that a lot of people had gone down to 2 week intervals.

Believe me I know what I'm doing when it comes to getting rid of fleas. We use Indorex spray in the house. Plus we launder just about everything the cats go near. We have had the current infestation for months as the cats carry the eggs and lavea around. They are going through the full life cycle despite the frontline and indorex saying they should prevent this. The house gets blitzed on a regular basis. This is recent in that up until spring of this year we had been using the frontline without any signs of fleas. The spray is about the only thing that works as you can see fleas on the cats regardless of how recently or otherwise they were treated.

Put quite simply Frontline and Advocat don't kill fleas.

• Options
    Guess we're going to have to disagree on this one or maybe we have a different sort of fleas up here! 
  • Options
    Try Advocaat.  Spray it liberally all over the house.  It'll certainly take your mind off the fleas.
  • Options
    And don't forget to to add a cherry on a stick image
  • Options

TP - only talking - the date on the latest script is 17th Sept and i know I dosed them then and also this weekend gone as I found fleas and was also bitten.

I need something to take my mind off the bites. Should I spray myslf with advocaat? no comments about what to do with the cherry.

Anyway, it's getting cold out so maybe the cats will stay indoors a bit more and I can control their environment. Sleeping on my lap is fav today.

• Options
    When I was a kid we just used to comb the cat really frequently and drop any fleas into a bucket of soapy water.  I guess it was the equivalent of wetcombing for nits (scratch, scratch).  The only time I recall a problem was after we went away on holiday in a hot summer and came home to an infestation.
  • Options

USB, we used to do the same, only we used boiling (or very hot) water.  The cat always had the occassional flea but the levels were low enough that they were never a problem, and she was a real hunter and explorer (often didn't eat the food we put down for up to a week as she caught ehr own, and sometimes she didn't come in the house at all for days, although we would see her out and about).

I had a serious infestation in the spring.  Eventually we got rid of it after treating the whole house and the cat several times.  We concluded that she was bringing fresh ones in from the garden so there was very little we could do about that other than keep her in (which she would have hated)

• Options
    My cat seems to be flea proof, she has very dense fur so I expect that helps. 
  • Options
    Our cat can be quite dense too
  • Options

Dear Everyone involved in our house purchase -

Hurry up (I am looking at you in particular mortgage lender) it really shouldn't be this complicated when there's no chain involved. And to those getting sick of my chasing e-mails - if you did the job I am paying you so much money to do, you wouldn't have to read them several times a week. I don't enjoy having to spend time phoning/e-mailing you constantly. I have my own friends I'd much rather be talking to.

Also as a side note - Dear right foot, you've had almost a year to get over the stress fracture. Please pull yourself together a bit and stop causing problems for everybody else.

Phew I am a bit grouchy this morning!

• Options

Dear Colleague,

I really hope we win this work that will involve you going up north for a couple of months and standing in a field in the cold.  As you seem to want the office to be at about -1 I don't know what you're complaining about, it'll suit you down to the ground, and I can spend 2 months without someone turning the heating back off every time  turn it on, and not having to sit at my dek in fleece and gloves.

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I'm surprised you'd complain about the cold Angel - with an avatar like that!  image

*note to self*

Perhaps getting a cat in the future is NOT such a good idea after all image

• Options
    Did you see the peguins struggling in the summer sun on last weeks frozen planet? I am definitely not loke my avatar in terms of resistance to cold!
  • Options
    Wilkie wrote (see)

Perhaps getting a cat in the future is NOT such a good idea after all image

Wilkie, my cat is outside a lot and she's never had fleas. image

TP, interesting conversation with my vet this morning.  She feels that, with the exception of Frontline, no over the counter stuff available in supermarkets is worth buying.  image

• Options

Nam, my experience when I worked for the animal rescue was the same.  We only ever used Frontline from the vet on our animals and never had a flea problem.

My cat tends to sleep in the same spots in the garden.  I think she had contaminated those spots, where we couldn't treat them, so although the house was clean she kept bringing them in.  I wasn't saying that fleas are rife out in the big wide world.

I've had four cats over the years.  One had a constant mild flea problem as she was allergic to treatment so we controlled them by combing (this was a while ago and I believe that there are other treatment methods now), and none of the others have ever had a problem until this spring.  I have heard from a lot of people that this spring was a good breeding season for fleas.