Options

Seejays Strollers

Comments

• Options
    Good luck ffran and lbb. Will be thinking of you. Hope it goes well for you both. X
  • Options

Thanks for good wishes and good luck to everyone racing / running this weekend.

Still got hip problems and also calves are tight and a cold to boot.  Still at least I can run and hope to have a good run on Monday.  Managed 18 miles in last two weeks so hopefully well rested up.

I am going to set off without a watch and hopefully not see the time til the finish.  This way I wil have no pressure on myself and if I need to walk I will do it.  Just want to get round now and settle it all down for London training.

Sorry to you Cardiff guys and girls, just shows it must have been organised by get rich quick non-runners as runners would surely have taken action to make sure distance was correct.

Fran I'll message you later when I know the mobile number, if I dont get in touch I will see you somewhere on route.  Whatever happens good luck for the race and make sure you get round in one piece.

• Options

Well went up the gym today but just opted for a swim as my back was giving me jip when i got up and not showing any sign of freeing up and my knee was also playing up

Back on nights Sunday so hopefully will be able to get into more of a routine  every things been a bit up in the air this week with the first aid course the first 3 days of this week and being on days the other 2

If anybody’s racing this weekend good luck and look forward to hearing about it

and to all those with a LSR planed my it go well

• Options

imageFfran - LBB Lots of luck for Monday, hope you both enjoy & all the niggles & problems disappear x

imageSoupDragon, 2.26 sounds fantastic to me, wish I could achieve that, my last half was 2.39 , so am working on it  !!! LOL

imageRode horsie yesterday afternoon, after I finished work.

imageRode horsie again this morn  & then went for 2mile hillyimagerun, 20mins, not far I know but I hope it all helps.

imageLonger run tomorrow, so fingers crossed!

imageHubby surprised me with a crosstrainer today as a pressy - Yippee, so on the dark cold nights I can still get some training in & hopefully that will help me with the running ???

imageSeeJ - def wont be along to cheer you on, but will be thinking of you - hope it all goes well for you, I got the weekends muddled up & son is back next weekend but hubby has arranged surprise party for tomorrow - so will raise a glass or two for you & Ffran & LBB

Hope everyone else okay & have a good weekend TTFN Nessie x

• Options

Thanks Nessie, make sure you enjoy yourself

Should have said a big well done to Stret and Mrs LBB who both Pb'd again at the Weston Prom run on Thursday.

• Options

Ffran, the very best of luck on Monday, just keep the finish in focus and enjoy the race, I have confidence you will finish ok!!! Have a great flight over!!

LBB, best of luck to you also, have a safe journey and enjoy the race!!!! Apparantly somone put scafffold up on the Cardiff course overnight without telling the organisers and they had to do a slight detour hence the difference in distance!! Thats what I was told but whether it runs out to be true or not!!!!! Well done to Mrs LBB and Stret, yet another pb!!!!!! imageimage

Toby, I hope the break has helped but just take it easy for a while and let your body heal!!!

Nessie, whao, a cross trainer at home, you will be flying round the races now!!!!!! image

Good luck to everyone with training and Races, its getting cold and dark so this is the hard part of the year!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes, I will do my best tomorrow!!!

• Options
    Best of luck today Seejay- you are going from strength to strength so I know you'll do well.
    Got my number yesterday at the Expo and bought myself 'The Stick' to iron out leg issues. Also got some great advice from medical physio in private clinic. Actually wouldn't treat me as it could have aggravated things. a first for me not to have the cash whisked out of wallet.
    We all went to Temple Bar last night and got drenched but no ill effects.
    So feeling more confident of doing ok.
    I'm going for 2 mile jog soon then breakfast and try to take things easy for rest of day.
    Will post tomorrow evening. X
  • Options

Hi everyone - just back from 6 days away at Henley Business School so catching up with news!

Good luck for tomorrow ffRAN - as you are aware it's back holiday weekend in Dublin so enjoy the atmosphere!

Good luck LLB and Seejay

Nice pressie Nessie!

Couldn't believe the Cardiff fiasco news image

• Options
    Excuse me- but bloody well done Seejay on your half. You'll be up there with the elites soon. Thank you for your good wishes.
    Lazing in bed watching RTE after lovely walk in the crisp sunshine earlier with my girls. Our hotel is 5 mins from Landsdowne Rd- what an amazing stadium! Its also a nice short walk to the start of the race Early dinner and bed tonight. Really looking forward to the morning. X
  • Options

Hi everyone, what Ffran is talking about is my NEW PB, I have just run Stroud Half marathon, (hilly) in 1hr 49 mins 21 secs!! I cannot believe that after a Half Mararathon last week I can still produce another pb on a harder route!!! As I am sure you can imagine I am over the moon and still trying to absorb all this!!!!!! imageimage

Kev, my information is that someone put up scaffolding overnight unknown to the race organisers and for safety reasons they ahd to do a last minute diversion. That is why they had to remeasure the route but as it was only 0.12 of a mile shorter It shouldnt make too much difference unless its a qualifying race and some might loose out. Did you have a good time at Henley?

Ffran, the very best of luck to you, if you see LBB you can pass on my good news!!

• Options

SeeJay - fantastic result! Congratulations. imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage 

Good luck for Dublin tomorrow Ffran and LLB. 

• Options
    Thanks Soup Dragon, it is still sinking in!!!!!image
  • Options

Fantastic time Seejay!!!!!! "On the bounce as well"

Yes Henley was good thanks - really something different.

• Options

Seejay thats fantastic well done, very impressive  and very deserved.imageimageimageimage

FFran - Enjoy your relaxing and all the best for you and Lbb tomorrow.image

Nessie - how lovely of your hubby. Hope your long run went well for you todayimage

Toby - hope your niggles are feeling a bit better.image

Wishing good training to all

Binx x

• Options

Thanks Kev, I think thats what makes it special!!

Thanks Binx, it has taken time but I thinkk I will have to leave 1:45 till next year as Marathon training beckons!!!

• Options

crawls out from lurking..

image  SeeJay (you've got mail) ; another fantastic achievement ..  a well deserved PB, congratulations.

Good luck to ffRAN and LBB in Dublin.

Have a great week to everybody else.

• Options
    Just had a great day. What an atmosphere- I love the Irish! I was told I was looking gorgeous a million times and when you're my age,that's worth the world!
    Met LLB on the run- he was going great when he ran off into the distance. I ran a bit too quick for first 17 miles then took a gel I wasn't used to and threw up so walked for a mile. However finished in style and knocked 13 mins off my PB so chuffed!
  • Options

imageimageimage WELL DONE Seejay and Ffran!!! hope you're both having a well deserved rest now!

did GSR on sunday. automatic PB cos first time at that distance, but i'm happy with 1.39 anyway image would like to do it again, but it is quite expensive... loads of crowd support and the bands were great. i think i started too fast though, and paid for it later. ooh my 10k split was 1.00.04 (a whole 1 sec slower than swansea!)

hope everyone else has a good week image

• Options

Ffran - Youre fantastic, what a massive chunk of your  PB. You should be very proud of yourself.  imageimageimageimageimage.

Tazi - Still counts as a PB, so well done to you too. imageimageimageimageimageI fancied that one but wasnt sure about doing it so soon after the Cardiff Half but going by Seejays fatastic new PB that must be the way to go.

Forgot to say a well done to Stret and Mrs Lbb on there PBs too.imageimage

• Options

Hello everyone! (you may remember me from the Bristol half thread) well, back off injury, well....if you can call it "back" kind of feels like starting again, still a tad painfull to run, but building myself back up slowly, my next half I've put down for isn't untill March (Reading) debating on Wokingham before that, but I'll see how training goes.

Hope everyone had a good race in Bristol half, was gutted I wasn't there, but took my girls out for the day, so wasn't all bad.

• Options

Thanks RSB, good to hear from you again, dont be such a stranger!!!

Ffran, well deserved pb, just think what you would have done if you had been fit and not thrown up!!!! image

Tazi, great running from you, is GSR hilly? Might consider it for next year!!!

Binx, it doesnt always work, last year I had an amazing time when I ran two 10k's one after the other, this year I didnt get on so well!!! image It all down to preparation!!

Brian, good to hear you are back on the road again, take it slow and dont worry about starting from scratch, better than ending up injured again!!

• Options
    Please forgive me for being smug- but just looked at chip time (2 seconds quicker - it all counts) and my splits were almost identical so taking into account my poorly mile I sprinted( I use the word figuratively) the last 2. I also came 47th in my category( means I'm old) Everyone in my gang is fast asleep -exhausted following the race around Dublin, and although I'm shattered am still buzzing. May be the champagne cocktails ! Am I going to regret this tomorrow?
  • Options

ffRAN well done on yourP/B

• Options
    No hangover and ravenous! Result!!!
  • Options
    Ffran - Your amazing, A Pb, A raucous night celibrating it, up early and no ill effects. like i said amazing.imageimage You deserve a big full english.image  xxxx
  • Options

imageWoo Hoo PB's  all the way - you guys are just soooooooooooooooooooooooooo FAB x

imageSeeJ - Fan Dabby Dozey , amazing, amazing , amazing time.

FFran - Way to go Girl - magnifico, magnifico, magnifico performance AND Champers cocktails, no hangover  - SEE  - I told you all champers was good for you LOL - hope you had a great breaky!!!!

imageStret & Mrs LBB - a big huge WELL DONE.image Where's LBB ?

imageTazi - Superduper time - truley wonderful.

imageHi Br1an, welcome back - glad you are on the mend.

imageRSB - Helloooooooooooooooooooo, wondered where you'd been (we met a Bath ) I was the little old dear who did a slow time!!!!

imageHad go on cross trainer last night - really worked up a sweat in a very short time - think hubby set resistance too high??? tops of thighs killing this morn, feels like I have run Ben Nevis!!!!

imageHope everyone else ok - take care TTFN Nessie

• Options

SeeJay - GSR is flat - a couple of very small inclines, but that's it! I would strongly recommend it! the only downside is the cost (£30+ for a 10 miler), i'm still tempted to do it again though! enteries are open now. just a question of timing - thinking of doing a mara next october.....

Ffran -Woop Woop! what's the course like? hilly, flat? and what was the crowd support like? i'm tempted by dublin (still thinking leicester at the mo, but need to know dates and prices!!)

• Options
    Thank you for good wishes. And well done everyone on your brilliant runs and races. Rambling Rose- that cross trainer sounds the biz. I'll borrow it to get rid of my thunder thighs.
    Tazi- Dublin is one I'd really recommend. But it is not flat- I would say fairly hilly with long drags but if course what goes up must come down so the decents are speedy. Atmosphere was brilliant- support all the way and such blarney and craic it's really motivating. I paid about €70 to enter which isn't cheap but worth it. Dublin is an expensive city to visit though.
    Think I might be doing Snowdon on Saturday- my friend has a spare bib and I feel like I could do it all again today.
  • Options

imageFfran - are you superwoman??? I want what ever your'e on !!!!!!LOL

Nessie x

• Options

Afternoon all

Went over the gym today did 30 minutes swimming then 10 minutes running in the swimming pool then another 5 minute swim

I am going to stick to the swimming this week then try a small run next week to see how it goes