Options

Seejays Strollers

Comments

• Options
    Good running guys - well done image
  • Options

ffran, my time is still realllyyy slow. 2:37:47

Two years ago I did my first half, Royal Parks in 3:05

seejay, yeah the physio was keen for me to take a break from running after Cardiff. Sorry I missed you, one day surely I'll meet some of you.

• Options
    madaussie - 2.37ish is my normal time for HM too.  image  I just say its more fun at the back. image
  • Options
    Madaussie - that's a great time for excellent  stamina and endurance - You have the Power - but seriously -as you know, MdS takes no prisoners but you can do it if your body is fit enough to train!!! Rest up well and make the big decision based on good professional advice. And gut instinct.
  • Options

Evening all

Managed huff and puff a slow 5 miler today took me 52 minutes so very pleased

Well done to everyone that ran Cardiff

madaussie 10 minutes of your PB unbelievable

• Options

Has everyone heard about Cardiff being short??? Hope it's not but if it is still bloody good running from everyone. image

• Options

No word on that one, Steve2010.

Toby - what happened to taking it easy? That sounds like a great run, but be patient. ("Pot/Kettle", coming to mind there!)

Just back from a very late, steady 3 miler - actually did 3.65 as I miscounted the loops of the running track and even though I thought I was taking it easy, my time was quite swift (for me). I could feel my "baddies but was fine running. However, when I got out of my car, my leg gave way again - really disconcerting. I'll do another gentle trot tomorrow, same Wednesday, then a short  little run the day before, in kit. Quite excited now.

• Options
    It seems that Cardiff missed out part of the course  due to some scaffolding going up overnight or something with an approximate 0.2miles cut off  - but they are apparently still measuring it!  Bizzare really.  Or thats what I've heard anyway.  image
  • Options

Hi all sounds like there is some good training runs going onimage

Steve - just read about the Cardif being short but they havent 100% confirmed the actual length yet. Quite disappointing, I did wonder but wasnt sure as I forgot to start my watch straight away so initially I'd put the difference down to that. image

Nice running Toby, but be careful we dont want you hurting yourself.

Ffran Is it this weekend your Marathon? My memory is dreadful sorry.

Binx x

• Options

I'd put the short distance on my garmin down the all the corner cutting, but guess not. Thats a shame, I would have liked my nice new pb to count.

The winner of Cardiff had only done one half marathon before, and that was Royal Parks the week before! Impressive.

Just got back from physio, she wants me to take 3-4 weeks minimum break from running, with minimal alternate exerciesing as well (ie I can swim or cycle but only twice a week).

MdS 2011 is definately not happening now, I shall have to hope I get a spot in a future race.

Might go sulk by reading Agatha Raisin and drinking tea.

• Options

The BBC have just announced that it was 211 yards short. Oh well. I still beat my last time if I add on what time  I think that bit would have taken me. Such a shame as it was a fab day.

Madaussie - Shame about you MdS place but its better to get yourself all mended before attempting something like that. image Ive just finished my sulk about my pb not counting with a cup of tea and a twiximage

Binx x

• Options

hmm not good news about cardiff image madaussie - if you took 10 mins off, i still reckon you've got yourself a new PB image is MdS some sort of ballot entry??

i'm thinking about doing bath half next year. my regular group at club are thinking about it (in that 'i'll do it if you do it' way) and i do quite like bath, there are some bits i didn't enjoy when i last did it, but i don't know if that's just down to me not training properly.... it is expensive though, £34.30 affiliated (when the Blackmore vale half [which i'm definitely doing, halfway point is practically by the parental's front door!] is £10!). also not sure if i want to do 2 one month apart (probably...)

really need to enter plymouth too, am have yet to run the whole course.... even plymouth's cheaper (£26.50), and they're a big event with closed roads etc etc.

hmmmm *goes to have a think*

• Options

Binx, sorry your PB doesn't caount as well. But dodgy really!

Taz, MdS isn't a ballot, but 2011 and 2012 races are sold out (for UK spots). They operate a waitlist for places when people drop out. I'm not on the waitlist for either 2011 or 2012, but this year It looks like other countires didn't fill their spots, so that meant a few extra for brits (or those living in brit land). I'm hoping to get a spot for 2013!

More tea required, still depressed.

• Options

Cups of tea all round.

http://www.sweetaftontearoom.com/assets/images/pour_tea.jpg

• Options

Flip! 200 odd metres are nothing - I've run around people further than that - my first London measured 26.6 miles according to my trusty Garmin - keep your PBs everyone and congratulate yourself!

Tazi - what about Llanelli half 6/3/11 - fabulous flat course - as long as the weather's clement, guaranteed fast run. Let's do it as a Thread run? And we could all stay with Running Kev.

Binx - lovely photo, I'm doing Dublin Monday.

• Options

I had been hoping to use my 2:37 PB to get a better pen for Disney World (they require proof if faster than 2:45), sadly this doesn't count image

soupy, thank you for the tea!

• Options

imageHi Peeps, just caching up with all thats been going on - Cardiffites a big well done a pb is pb and as Ffran says you all congrats yourself x

imageMadaussie, so sorry to hear you have to rest from running & you will miss Msd, but as Binx says you must be mended properly before you can even contemplate anything like that (Big hugs) x

imageTazi, agree with you Bath is dear, I did it once & don't think I will pay that again when there are others for much less

imageWoo Hoo Ffran, love the word flat - am tempted for Llanelli & what a fab idea for all of us to stay witk Running Kev LOL (Does he know?????? or shall we suprise him????)

imageSoupDragon love the pic (how did you do that? (Once I can figure it out I will get a pic of puppy Rooby on)

imageRan my route on Sun that I did pb in last week but couldnt manage to get under that time, was still better than Bristol 10k time, so just have to keep working at it !!!

imageWent to aqua aerobics again tonight 'cos the class I tried ona Monday eve starts at 7.40 which is later than I like plus you have to book & pay in advance, where as tonight you can just turn up & pay as you go - hard workout tonight so feeling quite tired.

imageHave to go to hospital next month about eye, hope I dont have to have another patch on - last christmas we had  a meal booked for a crowd of us & I had to keep patch on & wasn't looking forward to wearing it & feeling a bit odd, so my eldest lads girlfriend bought everyone patches & decorated them with glitter, & googly eyes etc - so I did feel so odd - so as you can imagine we got quite a reaction as we all trooped into the restaurant!! LOL

imageWill run & ride horsie tomorrow so will let you know how it goes

imageSorry if I missed anyone - happy running/resting/ etc TTFN Nessie x

• Options
    Evening all

Did an hour in the gym in the garage today i am also trying to lose the stone in weight i have put on so have  started to have smaller portions for tea also trying the smaller plate tick were by a smaller portion doesn’t look as small

I know i know i was supposed to be taking it easy but the trouble is i get itchy feet then i get down when i think of all the hard work i did earlier in the year going out the window and then there all these fabulous runs going on and the weight is going on and i better shut up now

To all those who ran Cardiff if you beat your personal best by a lot then 200 odd yards aren’t going to make that much of a difference  

Alternatively measure out the distance Cardiff was short run it and then add it to your time and i bet your P/B will still stand

• Options

Hi all, just read the news on Cardiff, it was short by only 0.12 of a mile which is nothing, if you were a minute or so off a pb then it mite make a difference but most who got pb's it wont make it any less a pb!!! You still run a half marathon officially, some races are not accurate so it is possible you have either run too much or not enough in lots of races!!!

Soup Dragon, the tea looks lovely but I suppose its cold now so I wont bother thanks!!!

Madaussie, real shame we missed each other again, some day we will meet!!!! image I hope your rest from running eases your problem and you get running again soon but please take it easy and return slow at first!! Why wont your new PB count? You run it so you deserve it!!!

Tazi, I will not try to influence anyone with regards to Bath but I wont be running it again until the organisation gets better. I like the race but really object to paying a similar price to the London Marathon for a Half!!!!!! Good luck if you do run it!! Its the same day as Silverstone Half, nice closed circuit and you run the same track that Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and many others have driven round!!image

Ffran, do you think you will be ready for Dublin? I do hope so, after all the work you have put in.

Nessie, dont worry you will do it again, it was not a one off!!!!! I hope your hospital appointment goes ok, let us know how you get on, I know its a month away but let us know anyway!!!

Toby, I know it must be difficult but I do reckon you need to ease up to allow for recovery, it has been painful for Towner and others but they are starting to get back into it and in better shape. I reckon even just a couple of weeks could make a big difference for you!!!

Just had a slow easy 4.6 miles tonite with the club, no pains or aches so another similar run on thurs then rest till Sunday's Stroud Half!!! Dont think it will be a pb though!!!!!!!image

• Options
    seejay good luck Sunday
  • Options

Ffran - ooh lanelli, sounds like that could be a plan image *goes to have a look at the website*

Seejay - i was thinking about doing bath, but then i saw the price! unless they have improved a LOT since 2009, i'm not doing it. i don't quite understand how they can justify charging quite that much! may try and persuade the other clubbers to do a different half image good luck on sunday!

• Options

Morning All

Thanks for the Tea Soup Dragon, much neededimage

Tazi - Im doing Bath, its not one of my favourites but my running partner loves it. I dont like the two loops thing I find it a bit disheartening to do the same bit again. And yes it is blooming expensive!!

Ffran - Thanks it was taken on Sunday, showing off with my new medal! Good luck for Monday just incase I dont post before then. With all your training you'll be great.

MadAussie - What a shame, you would think  they can see pro rata you would be under the 2.45image

Nessie - You are so good doing all your classes as well as your running. We are always going to have good days and bad days with this running lark. So many things play a part in how well we run, nutrition, tiredness, weather etc. Try not to get disheartened your doing great. Some days I run like a Shire Horse, plodding with big heavy legs and other days when everything comes together like a racehorse Do you like the anologyimage (obviously more of a donkey derby winner than a cheltenham cup type of race horse though )image

Toby - A bit of a rest can go a long way to sorting out niggles, you are still doing you gym work so im sure that and the small plate will help with the weightloss. You will get back to how you were its just a question of patience. I appreciate how frustrating it is though, when I popped my calf muscle I was miserable and just wanted to do something so I could get back to it as quick as possible. image

Seejay - Hope all goes well for you Sunday at Stroud, are you hoping for a pb there or just going to enjoy it?

Good training/resting/ recupriation all

Talk Soon Binx x

• Options

Thanks Toby!

Tazi, that is one reason why I am not running it, the other is beacuse of the persistant rubbish organisation who dont listen to the runners feedback. I wouldnt mind if the money was going to charity but it is just lining someones pocket!!!! (gets down of his high horse)!!!!

Binx, at the moment just get round without embarrassing myself but depends on how I feel on the day, if it goes well might try for a course pb but wont beat Cardiff as it has a long hill at about 7 miles!!!

• Options

imageSeeJ - loads of luck for Stroud, would like to come to cheer but youngest lad has just phoned to say he is home this weekend - so untill I know exactly plans for weekend I can't promise BUT will be with you in spirit!!!

imageToby, be carefull don't try to do too much too soon, sorry to nag.

imageRode horsie this am - fantastic ride through woods & a fab track has been laid down as a pathway which makes the going really good underfoot - Sunny & cold - gorgeous!

imagePm - ran hillyimageroute (walk / run hill though!)  & felt as though I was flying before I got to hill of course - - best feeling for ages - 3.38miles in 37mins - not earth shattering times but hey ho getting there slowly but surely!!!

imageHope everyone else ok , take care - stay safe Nessie

-

• Options

Evening all

Went out for run earlier, wasnt a very good one legs were a bit achy behind my knees. 

Nessie - Sounds like a busy day. Glad your run went well today, this weather is so much nicer to run in than the heatimage

Seejay - My OH did the Stroud a few years back. He wasnt to keen on it because the roads werent shut to traffic it made him feel a bit vulnerable. Good Luck for your course pb, hope all goes well for you.image

Night Binx x

• Options

Nessie, thanks, I will keep my ears open for your shouts in case you do make it!!!! Keep runing you are doing well and as Binx says to do all those classes and keep horsie happy you do keep very active!!!

I know what you mean Binx about the roads I dont know why some of these races cant get roads closed or at least restricted width so we are not so vulnerable!!! Will just keep fingers crossed and hope the forecast turns out better than they are saying at the moment!!!

• Options

Well I'm all packed - remembering my trainers! I've had chronic sciatica all week, together with that funny numbness/weakness in my lower leg - all linked to the other troubles. But at this moment all seems to be ok - keeping my fingers crossed it'll be fine for Monday, but packed the diclophenac just in case. I just don't want to let my girls down (sister and daughters coming along.)

LBB - message me - perhaps we can exchange mobiles and arrange to meet.

Have great runs over the weekend everyone, and good luck at Stroud, Seejay

Post as and when I can from my trusty iphone. xxxxx

• Options

Evening all. image

ffRAN - hope the sciatica settles down. 

Nessie - horse riding sounds just lovely.  Well done on the run afterwards too.  You are about at my pace.  I've been reading some of Moraghan's training advice to try and get a bit quicker because I'm slowing down if that was possible.  I remember doing Bristol HM in 2:26 but can't get anywhere near that now. So I'm doing intervals and strides once a week.

SeeJay - good luck for Stroud.  I keep meaning to do that especially as my OH has cousins living there and they generally marshall on the day.  Perhaps next year.

madaussie - how will the disney marathon people know the course was a tiny bit short? Its an official half marathon and I doubt they will know any difference.  Fingers crossed

A lovely spontaneous plod for me today.  Should have been bike session on the track but there was a prize giving so didn't get much done and had some spare energy plus 3 slabs of cake to work off.  Just under 5 miles in 58mins at a lovely slow pace which I could have kept up all day.  Watched the sun go down on the last couple of miles - joy. image

Binx, toby, Tazi, anyone I've missed (sorry!) - hope you have some good runs.

Bye for now.

• Options

Evening all

No running for me or gym for the last 3 days but am planning to go to the gym tomorrow back to work Thursday but was on days it made a nice change