Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options

TR38.....glad to see your out and about again......must be a great feeling image

No running for me over the last couple of days  ......after enjoying off roading it in the snow so much i am now resigned to the sick bay with a stinky cold.....hoping it will be short lived though....seems our boxing day race has already been cancelled and somehow i cant see our inter-club team pursuits going ahead with the weather as it is.  image

• Options

OMG-I am hibernating. -7 at lunchtime. Went out for a 8 miler last night and the cold air ripped my throat outimage. So..pass me the mince pies please, trainers are going nowhere tonight!

Stay safe everyone, where is Trex btw-perhaps he's hibernated already!

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭

Survived the last day of term, now for 2 weeks off and hopefully a bit of running image
    (This last weekend's plan were thwarted by random bug the little darling at work were so thoughtful to share!)

I swear we must live in the only part of the country not to have any proper snow so far this year - I admit we've had a very light dusting - typical, snow's my favourite weather!
  • Options

Panadimage We still officially have 2 days of term to go, but no sign of a thaw hereimage

NQ- get well soon. Can't see many races happening before Febrauary at thus rateimage BTW check out the Tregaron Half- 13th feb, £10 including cawl!image Ran it last year, couple of cheeky hills but great fun

Brer- know what you mean- it's not nice outimage

6.35m for me today. Supposed to be recovery, but getting harder on my usual route as Saturday's snow hadn't been touched by human foot and took some wading through in partsimage Great fun thoughimage

Mr Rex-??image

• Options
    JD - re the Yaktrak grips, I contacted the usual suspects, Ellis Brigham, Up & Running, Blacks, Millets ................. They all stated that they had sold out, delivery times to the stores could be anytime this week, after Christmas or even new year.

I did the 10 miles today after work, however, it was not in two parts as per the schedule. The pace was steady due to the ice/snow, so it was sort of a recovery run, even though it did not quite fit the definition in terms of distance. I used my INOV 8, 295 which were fine for grip.

All the best everyone.

• Options

SK4- yeah, the snow's going to be a problem for the faster runs- I'm lucky as I've got the option of heading for the beach tomorrow- tide permittingimage Apparently, there was a similar supply problem last year with the Yaktrax. Going to buy some this summerimage

Andrea- what is the road like to Laugharne/Pendine?image

• Options
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/469713/Gallery/fed_up_0.jpg

Says it all really....image

Photo from Sunday's long run: 

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/469713/Gallery/_mammoth_bbc_203_0.jpg

Seemed friendly enough, but gave them a wide berth to be on the safe sideimage

• Options

JD they did have some of the yaktrax in cotswold sports ...seen someone buying some ...dont know if they still have any though but i have found them very helpfull on ordering things in image

Think you were very wise to give the hairy mamouths a wide berth....could have done you some damage image

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Tsk.  Tsk.

Kind of hibernating.  Two sessions of deep sports massage so far and more to come.  Not running at  the moment.  My hill run of a few weeks back probably did untold damage - my physio said to be very careful to put my heel down first when even going down stairs.  So a 1300' mad descent ...

Also exam marking deadline for two papers this Wednesday - I'll manage one but not both!  Going upstairs now to do a couple of hours.  Snow now quite deep outside.  Wonder what it's like on my hill?  Would love to be up there.

On a plus point - Mrs T Rex and I celebrate celebrate 30 years since our wedding today.

• Options
    Congrats Mr and Mrs T-Rex .....hope you enjoy the celebratiing imageimageimage
  • Options

T-rex Congrats to you and Mrs Reximage Hope injury gets better soon.

JD Thanks mate and love the picsimage

Pannad Snow is on its way!!image

NQ Hope you feeling better and yes its great to be back out there!! Ran in -7 yesterday morning didn't do planned 8miler .......cut it sort to 5!!image

Rhyl now under 2inch of snow and still coming down heavy ........must admit looking forward to going out in morning to run in it!! imageAlarm set for 5am as back in work now one of my busiest time Christmas!image

• Options

imageXmas party last night = no running for me this morning!!!image Just about starting to feel human and it's nearly 10....sooooo glad I don't work on Wednesdays!! (It was noticed last night that I was the one that organised the "do" and I was the only one who didn't have to go into work today!)imageimageimage

Roads here a bit too slipslidey so may have to ventrue to the beach later or tomorrow inbetween stuffing presents, wrapping turkey, peeling wine and drinking vegetables.

HOpe everyone is stress free and in the xmas mooooood!!!

• Options
    Been floored with man-flu here since Saturday evening image
    So much for the Paris Marathon schedule - having to readjust everything already.

image Congrats to T-Rex and Mrs Trex image
  • Options

Congrats Mr and Mrs T-Rex ..... hope you managed to get away from the dreaded exam papers and celebrate image

Sitting here, looking out of the window at the 5 inches of snow that have fallen since 5.30 this morning and wondering if I can sneak out for a run later, without my family going all hysterical on me!!     Had to resort to jogging round local field in my wellies whilst walking our dog yesterday, as they didn't want me "breaking my neck" before Christmas (seems it's ok to do so at other times of the year, though!!).   

Frodo - hope you're up and about soon ... you've got a busy night on Friday!!

Reckon XC skiing has got to be the way to go .... wonder where I can get some skis?

• Options

T-Rex belated congrats to you and Mrs T from me as well

Frodo get well soon

SD i was thinking more along the lines of a dog sled - skiing much too energetic and dangerous image

On a more serious note article in Daily Post yesterday said SNOD entries expected to fill in record time this year so we all need to be poised at the stroke of New Year with a very large glass of dutch courage in hand (and several in the belly) to hit that enter button.image

• Options

Hi all, firstly belated congratulations to Trex and missusimage

Hope all injuries and illnesses clearing up now for Christmas. Snowed in here..was supposed to be going on holiday this morning but have had to delay due to weather. Dilemma now though..all running gear clean and packed..but oh so tempting to dig it out and trot out in the snow tonight...we'll see!

• Options

BTW SD, Windermere have dropped the minimum £200 sponsorship as a response to feedback-are you in?image

Brer x

• Options
    *ears prick up*
    Really, now there is interesting! Thanks for the heads up, Brer - do you know how full it is yet? image
  • Options
    Hi Frodo, I'm guessing it's not very full because of the £200 sponsorship however I suspect entries may pick up now. Scott, the organiser has posted on their forum on RW last night to outline the change in arrangements.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll have another look in the diary after Christmas...
  • Options
    Just think guys in eight days time entries will open image
  • Options

Hi all

Ran in snow 0530 this morn good fun,.......but fed up of this snow now do a fair bit of driving in my job that not so much fun!!!...........8 daysimage

• Options

Aborted journey from yesterday is to take place today..into the depths of North Yorks Moorsimage

Have a fantastic Christmas everyone and take care

Brer x

ps Figgy pudding has pride of place on back seat Trex!!!image

• Options
    Afternoon peeps,
    Been a loooong time since I posted, been hectic all round.
    Haven't read back but I gather there is quite a bit of running going on despite the weather.
    I have made over 300 mince pies this month alone,not all for me though!!! hence why I have not been on here.
    Must get my a*** in gear after the holiday period.

Merry xmas and a happy new year to all forumites.

SS
  • Options

Just in case i don't get another chance

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimage

• Options

Brer - thanks for info re: Windermere.   Been following the thread with interest and still undecided about entering as the entry requirements weren't really the issue for me .... I just can't decide whether to do a spring marathon next year, or whether to concentrate on 10 k's and half's to see if I can improve my times.   Having said that, Windermere is my PB marathon course and I really loved the event, so if I was going to go for a spring mara, that would be the one!

Have a great Christmas folks image

• Options
    Happy Christmas, SNOD people image

I'll still be around each day, as I is an internet addict image and who knows, I might actually make it out for a run soon!
  • Options

SS ...you sure best get into gear after the holidays .....guess whos moving in next door to you for Snod weekend next year......your friendly party going neighbours will be back again !!!!!!!!imageimageimage

Finally got back out running again tonight and felt good to have my trainers back on image  Off roaders are ready and waiting ....(red wine permitting) to go for a blast in the snow tomorrow image

TR38.....glad you enjoyed the snow....its great but likewise im getting fed up with it......its like living in black and white where i live....still very deep and difficult driving conditions and no real sign of it letting up....holiday races all cancelled so will have to wait for a while.

Dont know if Gloucester is going to on the cards after suffering with a bad chest this week but will see how runs go over the festive period until i decide.  

46.5 miles left to go to make it to 1000 miles in 6 months .....can i do it i wonder image

• Options
    All the best for Xmas and the New Year everyone.
  • Options

Merry Christmas everyone! Flying visit and will catch up properly later. No running for several days now- every road is either a main road and too busy, or totally solid in compacted ice. Tried running on the beach Thursday, but even that frozen and like running through one big slush puppy! VERY painful on the feetimage. Also suffering from a bit of a calf strain after sliding on the iceimage.On a more positive note, my new reebok treadmill is coming next friday, so sod the weather after thatimage

Hope everyone has had a great dayimage Good luck to all racing tomorrow