Options

Talkback: Win the ultimate spring marathon experience

Comments

• Options

x post

hang on I will share isnt as good as Funny I may have to reconsider image

• Options
    but i will
    ill make sure you all get the benefit of the coaches schedules and tips as ill post them all and share with the snubbed 6
  • Options
    ok go with funny then image
    both are true
  • Options
  • Options
    goldbeetle Xmas etc... wrote (see)
    this thread is huge can someone tell me who to vote for please image

I'mSpartacus - vote for Kight Rider image

• Options
    Purple pants?
    They asked us for a funny fact about ourselves.  Bliddy difficult to think of off the cuff on a snowy Saturday in Birmingham
  • Options
    of course i should have said purple pants! thats my 2 words image
  • Options
    yep - i know the purple pants thing is a bit tame but i could not think of anything else on the spot - USB is right image
  • Options

a demain mes amis!
    FAIT des beau reves image
  • Options
    Back to the food point,they were posh jaffa cakeson Sat - M+S dark choc - really good! Also good Haribo Star Mix. Yummy and a bit naughty as it was, I thought it was an odd choice for a bunch of wannabe marathoners, then having to run 5k afterwards. I was not feeling at all speedy! Any thoughts?
  • Options

Jimmy Carr in his quest to make his jokes quicker and smaller does a brillaint 3 word joke:

Stationery store moves.

Purple pants?
    I sometimes wear my pants inside out, but not through choice - it's only because I don't have my glasses on when I get dressed.
  • Options
    And when do you realise? image
  • Options

just one thing is bugging me this morning.............is that a number of the new posters are stating that they haven't posted before because they have nothing to add.........or that the are maybe intimidated by the wealth of experience and the experts on here....................

If you have read any thread for more than 5 minutes you will realise that they are maybe a handful of people on the forums who know wehat they are talking about......................the rest of us just try to support each other or just talk crap...........sometimes funny sometimes not.......

with the hundreds of threads going on here there must be something that you have something in common with..............

Please just don't think for a moment that the majority of us have a clue what we are talking about..image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I echo that.  I often feel inferior to those who can run a sub 40 10k or sub 1.30 half but I still put my neck out and ask for their advice and bore them with my efforts.  I have learnt so much over the past few years through this forum and hope I have given something back in return.

• Options
    Not at all Minni. It's so not about the personal times you are clocking - its about engaging and sharing.
  • Options

I think that part of the problem lies in the fact that many of the newbie Super Sixers seem to be under the impression that they can / should only post on the Super Six threads.  Perhaps RW Towers haven't made it sufficiently clear that the entire forum is open for everyone to join in and that Super Sixers should just post away, as any newbie to the forum would, on any thread that interests them, even if it's nothing to do with running / training or the competition.

You can engage and share on all threads.

• Options

I think one of the problems as well is that because so many of the Super Sixers are so new they perhaps don't realise the baggage attached to Super Six for more regular posters. It's very sweet that they can talk about "giving back" but I'm sure many of us are just rolling our eyes at some of the optimistic, if arbitrary, targets being set.

Whoops, it's probably too early in the morning to be a bitch. 

• Options
    Jeepers - that is a fair point and one that i clocked yesterday when i had a look at the 3.15 thread. So noted! That being said it is the Super Six thread so top of mind...
  • Options

Yep, Wobbled and the fact that quite a lot of us are already doing what the winners will be doing - one poster unfortunately didn't seem to realise this and put up some quite patronising comments, which I'm sure won't have helped.

Mind you, I do think that RW Towers should get this sorted out, it happens every year, so you think that they'd have learnt something by now.

I'm still voting for Charlie thoughimage.

PS Jane, some of the contenders who are already regular forumites are posting on all sorts of threads, nothing to do with running, training at all.  Sparkly's posting on the Office Christmas Party thread, not a word of Super Six, etc has been mentioned at all!

• Options
    knight rider wrote (see)

Jimmy Carr in his quest to make his jokes quicker and smaller does a brillaint 3 word joke:

Stationery store moves.

He also does 2 words:

Dwarf shortage

• Options
    fair enough wobbled but cant you admire them for their optimism (if naive enthusiasm for running) and i include myself in this camp BTW
    they are the ones who are going to have to doing the training and they were given these targets by RW...
    as soon as training starts they will feel under super pressure ....
    you never know you may have to eat your words image
  • Options

Williambloke - thanks for the response. If it's not a cheeky question - can I ask how old (or at least what age group !) you are - just thinking of the relevance for a sub 1.21 half ie knocking 8 or so minutes off your half time in one chunk. You're positivity and enthusiasm are impressive though I'm not sure it's entirely realistic ! Quite a tall order to improve HM time to that extent while effectively focussing on mara training IMHO but you never know.....

Let's hope any doubters (me included) are proved wrong and have to eat some serious humble pie

• Options
    Perhaps Jane, but as Jeepers says, a lot of us will also be doing the training, and with far less professional support, so there are plenty of threads where I can admire people's optimism and determination.  I agree about the pressure though, but the experience from last year suggests that that is one of the problems with the Super Six. I'd happily eat my words come April.
  • Options
    Jeepers - im off to another thread now to chat about under water basket weaving
  • Options

Jane - I understand that you must feel a little intimidated about posting on the sub 3:15 thread as one of the regulars on there is also a contender and obviously the thread are going to support someone who has contributed and that they feel l they 'know'. 

I wonder why you have not joined the thread previously to entering the Super Six competition though? You have a GFA entry for London this year which you would have had to submit by August at the latest and I presume you put a sub 3:15 time on your entry form.

I have found the advice and support invaluable over the last 5 years and no amount of free Asics goodies could compensate for that.

Regardless of whether you win the competition, you will still be aiming for a sub 3:15 marathon, so why not introduce yourself? They are a lovely bunch.

• Options
    hi caterpillar girl
    my time for last years london marathon was 3.54, loch ness in oct was 3.33 and NY in nov 3.26
    i've only been running a year and had no idea id get to this kind of time
    it was only 6 months ago i was doing 9 min miles so i would never have gone to a 3.15 thread
    BUT i will now and you are right
    of course i dont give a s**t about the goodies - i'm only interested in the coaching and tips
    so im off there now
    great advice
    thanks x
  • Options

Bright White Trainers wrote (see)

Ohh I had forgotten that.... But then again I think I sampled everything   image It was tasty!

Simon Butler 2 wrote (see)
    Bright White Trainers wrote (see)
    I think I might base my vote on what was the best part of the lunch from the Boot camp?
    I'd go with the pine nut & pesto pasta image
    Kryptonite wrote (see)
    Back to the food point,they were posh jaffa cakeson Sat - M+S dark choc - really good! Also good Haribo Star Mix. Yummy and a bit naughty as it was, I thought it was an odd choice for a bunch of wannabe marathoners, then having to run 5k afterwards. I was not feeling at all speedy! Any thoughts?

What's with all this how amazing the lunch was at Boot Camp. Haha!!!

No healthy food, just a few tiny salad bowls. I picked up the tuna sandwich and it said 18% fat!!! No thanks.....! I went upstairs to starbucks and got 2 chai tea's to drink instead.

• Options
    Hashette - thanks!! xx