Options

Talkback: Win the ultimate spring marathon experience

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    Jane are the gordons as mad as the Irish setter?
  • Options
    knight rider wrote (see)

Not heard much from the sub 3 guys recently - are you still out there?

KR,

Yes, I'm still out here in cyberspace. I've been flitting on & off the Forum most days... Works been hectic over the last couple of weeks and I seem to spend most of my working days sorting out a neverending stream of problems, (why, just before Xmas, do people suddenly think that it's perfectly acceptable to take shortcuts & leave a mass of problems for others to clear up?) before racing home to either get a training session in or wrap a few of the wifes Xmas pressies before she too gets home... You know what it's like at this time of year... And even when I get home my work phone keeps ringing (as it just did).

Add to that last minute present buying, trying to fit in other members of the family (who ever told kids that it'd be a good idea to e-mail Xmas present lists together with a series of links?), squeezing in a visit to relatives after a cross country race on Saturday, doing a long run on Sunday morning, playing badminton on Sunday evening, drawing the short straw to be the designated driver to a football match this evening (Bristol Rovers are dire - why couldn't I support a decent team? Besides, I don't drink, therefore I always seem to get the short straw)... I'll be glad when Christmas is over...

In fact, there are only four things that I am looking forward to over the Christmas period: 1. There's a Doctor Who special on BBC1 on Christmas Day itself.  2. I've got a race in Clevedon on Boxing Day  3. The in-laws will be going home before New Year. 4. I've got a race in Weston-super-Mare on New Years Day.

Did you know that there is approximately 30 calories in a mint humbug?

VOTE WILLIAMBLOKE IN THE SUPERSIX SUB-3:00 CATEGORY

(please)

• Options

phew..  less than 48 hours to go.  hip hipimage

good runs today, ran to work and ran home again, along the canal.  good way to bank 10 miles. and my santa outfit is in the post ready for parkrun on saturday!  sadly i think that it'll come too late for a bit of extra photographic propaganda..

i wonder whether the all important stats will be released with the result.  will make for interesting reading, whichever way it goes.

• Options

Im still out here to, just took a back seat from the campaign for a few days. Cant beleave theres only 2 days to go till we find out, very exited! Anyone else as nervous as me?!

For those undecided feel free to check out my forum  Vote Peter Thompson: The long road to Paris - Sub 3hr

Good luck to all! Fingers crossed!

• Options

Err, Is closing for the vote on Thursday or Friday? I ask as the site states Thursday but the date given is the 17th with is Friday.

• Options
    Hi Simon - i've been told Thursday (good luck!)

Hi GB

They say Gordons not quite as mad as Irish setters .... but ive never had an Irish setter so i dont know. They do say the irish setters are a bit nuts ( mental/ a bit crazy) but never seen any of that with mine ....he is just fun fun fun ....

he needs a ton of exercise but i tire him out. he is a fab -u - lous dog!

fun, entertaining, always "up" , on the money, alive, not a dog for a lazy person, almost human...

Oh i do love that dog image He is just THE BEST image
  • Options
    Good luck everyone in super six comp image
    not long to go now
    x
  • Options
    williambloke wrote (see)
    drawing the short straw to be the designated driver to a football match this evening (Bristol Rovers are dire - why couldn't I support a decent team?  

Seriously, I give up.... What a waste of my evening. I drove my mates to the game, sat in a pub drinking coffee whilst they consumed a small lake worth of beer, stood on a cold, cold, terrace, watched my team take the lead, score an own goal, take the lead again, forget the basics of defending & concede an injury time goal, then go out of the competition on penalties; then drive my half-pished mates home again...

I should have gone training down at the track with my clubmates instead.

VOTE WILLIAMBLOKE IN THE SUPERSIX SUB-3:00 CATEGORY

(please)

• Options
    never mind william bloke. i went on a client xmas lunch starting at 12 and ending at 8. drunk a ridiculous amount of martinis, vast quantities of wine (both red and white) , and then more cocktails. and then some whisky as a nightcap for good measure. i'm totally sozzled and will have the biggest hangover in the morning. which you wont have. so that's a brucie bonus for you image good luck in the vote!
  • Options

Ah ha -  the sub 3 blokes are still alive!

Hi guys good to hear from you again, not heard from Angus for a while, is he still out there?

William bloke - Sounds like your life is pretty full at the moment.How did you get on it your XC race?

Good luck to everyone on the Super SIx shortlist.
    I'll be dipping into your threads regardless of the outcome on Thursday!

Sounds like you had a good Xmas party there Jane - ROLL ON THE HANGOVER image

I went to my boy's Carol singing at his school which was fun and cold. Fuelled by a couple of mince pies I then ran to my running Club. 3.1 miles there at Marathon pace @ 7.18mm, then after a chat with the guys and some more shamless plugging of the Super Six vote, I ran back the 3.1 miles @ 6.48 pace.

If you haven't voted yet, don't forget to get your vote in for Knight Rider (Colin) on the sub 3.15 category.

Cheers everyone!

• Options
    jane326 wrote (see)
    i'm totally sozzled and will have the biggest hangover in the morning. which you wont have. so that's a brucie bonus for you image good luck in the vote!
    Ah, but being the sober one/designated driver at Christmas does have other good points too - such as nobody at the staff party suddenly becomes very attractive, and there's less chance of you telling the boss exactly what you think of him before going on to fax photocopies of your bum to all and sundry before throwing up in sombodies desk drawer... 
    knight rider wrote (see)

William bloke - Sounds like your life is pretty full at the moment.How did you get on it your XC race?

Gloucester  was a very cold, wet, & muddy, place on Saturday afternoon so I decided to err on the side of caution & put in a good even paced jog around the 6.25 mile course, finishing in 43:11 and picking up the 6th scorer position for the team. At the end of the day cross-country is more about the team than anything else... There was a small section of tree roots, covered by fallen leaves, & how nobody managed to pick up an injury is beyond me... At the end of the day I'm glad that I made the decision to just jog around (my winter training plan said 'easy' anyway) because even with 12mm spikes on it was very, very, difficult to stay upright.

But, winter cross-country events such as this are very good because they help to build the foundations for a strong & successful Spring season.

Vote WILLIAMBLOKE in the SuperSix Sub-3:00 category

(please) 

• Options
    For those that were not lucky enough to be selcted/shortlisted Plan B is afoot     image