Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options

Gul-great news your back image

0051- watch that hip

Robo-mini m- take it easy the next 2 weeks.

and get well soon all the lurgy spreaders image seems to be taking hold fast on 'ere.

5x800 this morn with 8m/mile recoveries , due to strong winds 6:30 milling was all but impossible, nearly started to go backwards the last rep when a huge gust hit me image so I just settled for hard effort. , easy 5 this pm. image

• Options

GM - sounds nasty.
    Lorenzo - apparently the bells and whistles will be added to the website shortly!
    MsE - Just checked and it's only 13 weeks and a bit to the Shakespeare Spring marathon!
    Jools - sunrise in the spring/summer is very nice tooimage
    KR - I was tempted by MK last year. One downside I heard is the pavement has a lot of stepping up and down for lowered access points (or something like that) and it gets vey tedious.
    Minni - all the best for your recovery.
    Santa Goth - planning an outfit? Is it fancy dress?!
    Leslie - well done on battling through the gales. What's that about my backimage
    Mrs GD led a Christingle service with her toddler group this afternoon which inspired me to change my forum name! Like the deeper meaning tooimage

• Options

LWFGR, heavy and slow with the occasional pause to eat leaves 

Very pleased that it went well Minni, and big congratulations due on the mile swim. That's a lot of progress in a short time.

• Options

Merry Christmas (cough cough) everyone! Managed to get some food into me today. Stomach still not right but improving every so slightly.

Minni  - Glad the op went well.

• Options

Good luck with the recovery Minni, i hope the op has sorted everything out.

Lots of snot flying round here & lurgies too - that time of year - hope you're keeping that food down Away in a Mooney.

Sounds like a bit of thought going into that Xmas outfit Santa Goth - something black maybe?

Good reps Leslie, always tougher battling with the wind. I think it's good training though even if the pace was a bit slower than you'd hoped. Think of it as resistance training.

I'd heard a few thing about underpasses too Gul.

XC last Sunday was tough, muddy & hilly as usual, but a good training run though.10k in 7.10 pace last night & 9 miles in 8.09 pace tonight. Not much wind her a the moment. Friday looks bad!

• Options

GM - glad you're slowly improving.
    KR - nice running. Forecast for Friday morning is the worst here too - but it's all relative. Nothing like the storms up north.
    3 recovery miles d&d. Not that there was much to recover from!

• Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    ChristinGul wrote (see)

MsE - Just checked and it's only 13 weeks and a bit to the Shakespeare Spring marathon!

Wey hey hey! Perfect. You are in great shape and I bet if you plan the next 13 weeks you will ace it. image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Take care Minni. We are gonna miss you too, setting the bar high on training mileageimage.

I'm having a decent week in spite of the weather, it's not so bad in Geneva, just cold. Hope it's all blown over by the time I travel back tomorrow. Looking forward to a couple of weeks in Blighty.

• Options

Don't know what all the weather fuss is about. I was out in it again this morning in allegedly the worst hit area (north west on the coast) and it's just a bit windy. Wouldn't go up on the tops granted, but just typical for this time of year around these 'ere parts.

• Options

Mistlejoe-eating leaves ..nice image

Gul-you have plenty to recover from

hoho51-nice for some !

Rest day today knee is not behaving ,still that's about 30 days since the last one image

• Options

Just signed up to the Consistently Consistent Sub 3.15 Jantastic team image I see there are a few places left.... go on join up!

Now I've got to find a marathon and been looking on http://www.marathonrunnersdiary.com for inspiration and so far got a choice of Milton Keynes, Belfast or Prague (wishful thinking!).

• Options

Thinking about VT "the red-nosed" runner as it has been cold out here and we just got about 2 ft of snow. Temps warmed up to 30 today so headed out to find some traction. 9.5 miles in an icy/slushy/salty mess. Got sprayed with slush 4 times and I swore a little louder each time. But alas what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? Sure makes spring/summer/fall running feel easy. The hardest part now is doing fast stuff around the weather. managed a subLT run before the storm and got 8 striders in today. May have to target the 2nd subLT as part of the LR sunday.

GM, glad you are on the mend. Take care of yourself.

• Options

Disappointed to see that Gul is having a lie in this morning. What a slacker.

I'm working all night then non-media-tart hills in the morning. Gonna be ugly image

• Options

Vt red nose - 2 ft of snow - proper weather there image

Poacher- nights we hate em ! Might do some post nights hills tomorra too if I can get going  !

• Options

You can do it.

Mine finishes 0500 - when's yours?

• Options

Just spotted Gul running past the front door - he's done 367 miles already tonight, so fair play to him

• Options
    On till 7 gul will be finished by then ...
  • Options
    Before the grammar cops complain, the apostrophe doesn't work.
  • Options

MsE - I did have a plan, but thinking about re-thinking it. Maybe the back-to-back long runs pushed me over the edge.
    Leslie - hope the rest day keeps the knee niggles at bay.
    VTr - well done on getting those sessions done in the wintry conditions.
    Poacher - I didn't think it was that far to Salford! And I guess we'll have to let you off for the lack of apostrophe.
    8 easy miles d&d.

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭

S+C day today. Brass money early morning long run tomorow

• Options

Gul- nice easy 8 to get back into the swing of it 

Nayan- its brass monkey weather alright !

Poacher- how did you get on ? 

14.5 miles at a slow plod with a good few hills thrown in ,we had a tiny bit of snow this morn so winter is here though it was long gone before I got up after nightshift again thankfully.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased to have an excuse not to run just now. Everything here is frozen solid and my road resembles an ice rink.

OO are you heading to the Town Moor for the XC? I wish I was doing it.
  • Options

Snowing up in the Pennines too. Leslie I hope you zipped up the man suit and ran - I finished 0500, home 0600, bad sleep then it snowed again. Too wasted to face the hills so did 8m more gentle stuff and pencilled the hills for tomorrow image Tell me you did better than this sorry performance

• Options

Poacher- sounds like you had the worst weather, I had 6 hrs kip after work then went out and did the 14 with a few hills ,snow had gone but chilly with the wind and a little hail to waken me up .No nights for me till well into Jan now image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Sadly not Minni- just the parkun with junior- with all the good guys at XC I might do OK image

Back in Blighty now for Christmas. I flew over most of the country today and can report there is a lot of snow about- but thankfully none where I live. Rest day here  

• Options

Just a bit wet and windy this morning - no sign of anything like snow and ice. Just a 4.5 mile easy run for me today.

Interesting challenge thrown down to me by my lads the other day: in a given month you've got to do a 1 mile run on the 1st, 2 miles on the 2nd, 3 miles on the 3rd etc etc until you get to a 28/30/31 mile run depending on the month. Contemplating whether it's doable or not, but might be quite good fun trying!

• Options

Nayan - do you mean coppers?
    Leslie - you obviously must be up North somewhere!
    Poacher - hills are overratedimage
    OO -  happy racing this weekend.
    Lorenzo - barking!
    10 miles @ 7:30 m/m d&d. Still mulling over what to do with the training schedule. Need to start in earnest again next week.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Lorenzo - I like a mad challenge but I think that's taking it a bit far!

I feel for you guys working nights, especially at this time of year.

Gul - great 10 miler there.
  • Options

Gul - good to see you getting back into the nice early weekend starts!

Plenty of hills for me this morning on a 20 miler (19.74 to be precise, but who's counting?). A tad chilly - gloves stayed on all the time, but still haven't resorting to wearing leggings and plan to see the full year out in shorts.

Jantastic team details are now available but looks like we've only got 8 in the team so far. Surely there must be some more folks out there who want to join the Consistently Consistent sub-3.15 team: https://www.jantastic.me 

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Interested to see what you decide, Gul  . . . . .

16 frosty (icy in parts - parkrun cancelled) miles today; again, starting in darkness but running into lovely clear, sunny day  . . . .