Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Jools.  Will be eagerly awaiting your daily blogs.  They've been very good so far image
  • Options
    Good luck Jools!
  • Options
    Large christmas lunch vs 10 miles this evening. Not sure which will triumph yet image
  • Options

Good luck Jools - hope it is as rewarding as it is long.

Did a good 15 on Friday(7:46 pace) and just an easy 4 on the weekend so I've been trying too hard to get my mielage up this week -since I might only have 5 days of running (not sure about Xmas eve opportunities then away for the week on Boxing Day) and my legs are mightily tired!

Mon - 9.74miles, 7:34 pace avg with middle 5 at 7:10

Tue - supposed to be progressive 13 ended up being just a regressive 8.67m at 8:25 avg pace !

Wed - tried for the 13 again, hoping for 7:5x pace - first 7 were about right but knew my legs were tired then went into a tailspin! 8:15 8:58 8:56 9:21 10:05 - got to 12.6 and walked the last mile which is very muddy - never given up before but hey ho by hook or by crook up to 31 for the week!

• Options

Belated very well done to Poacher another great marathon time must be getting easy nowimage

jools good luck on your travels, looking forward to the report,

good to see so many dodging the mad shopping crowds and putting in the miles.

bike-it  enjoy your new toy its well worth it,

• Options
    Christmas lunch wins - I feel so bloated the thought of running does not appeal at all.
  • Options
    Beware of the turkey ...
  • Options

Good luck Joolska - it will be fab

KR - there's a long established 40m track race at Barry, maybe there are longer ones. I've never done more than 21.1km on the track, and that got some funny looks. image

efc-col wrote (see)

Belated very well done to Poacher another great marathon time must be getting easy nowimage

There are no really easy ones, they all involve pain, that's why we keep coming back isnt it?

So - who will be running on the 25th?

• Options
    Probably. Unless it's icy out.
  • Options
    KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Probably not, but if the opportunity presents itself....

Happy running Jools
  • Options
    As Poacher washed his socks by night... wrote (see)

KR - there's a long established 40m track race at Barry, maybe there are longer ones. I've never done more than 21.1km on the track, and that got some funny looks. image

I used to do an hour track race, best was just over 17km, and that was quite enough.

Have a good one (or three) Joolska.

• Options

Best of luck for the next few days Jools, you'll certainly enjoy your Xmas dinner at the end of it all!

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Very best wishes, Jools
  • Options

Very best of luck, Jools.From a dstance, I quite envy you.

I will definitely be running on Christmas Day, just 6-7 miles, as I'll hopefully be doing my "long" (ha ha) run (12 miles) on Saturday. A long, hard slog in the kitchen awaits afterwards, though - can't wait; it's probably my favourite day of the year for just that reason.

7 miles this morning including 5kms @ 6:50mm. Only did it because otherwise I would have been late for the M.O.T.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I might run on Christmas day while out with the dogs.   Poacher I'm doing the Coastal on 27th - are you up North?
  • Options
    I'm up north. What's the coastal?
  • Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭
    No running for me on Christmas day, although P&D has me down for a 15 miler. Instead I'm going to consume the average 7000 calories and then sleep it off. May work it off on boxing day. Well, some of it!

Joolska- good luck with your big run. I will be running along the Kennet sat morning around the newbury-thatcham stretch. Only doing a pathetic 5 miles though.
  • Options
    Might sneak out first thing on Xmas Day but only for a symbolic "I was out there" type run. Then it's all hands on deck in getting lunch ready.
  • Options

Good luck Jools - hope you have eaten like a hungry hoss in the past few days in preparation

smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I hope you post pics of your marathon in the kitchen Ant!

No plans to run Xmas day. With 2 vey excited 7 & 4 year old boys and lots of presents to unwrap/play with and then cooking dinner for 12, it will be a bit busy - can't wait! Schedule starts Boxing day so that's my focus.

• Options

I won't be running Christmas Day as I have presents to open and dinner to cook.

All the best Jools. 

• Options
    Thanks for all the good wishes. Breakfast is eaten (I tried and failed to stay asleep until 8am...) and it really is the final countdown now! Moof: I'll be the short, knackered looking girl. If I'm east of Thatcham, I'll be short, knackered looking girl running behind the tall guy who looks remarkably fresh. It's not because he's fitter than me, it's because he's not run the preceding 75M.

I will try and pop in to update you all, but my priority is going to be the blog: www.runninghomeforchristmas.wordpress.com
  • Options

Good luck Jools, don't fall in!

My schedule has 16 miles on Christmas Day, which if I get up early enough I could probably do (and probably should do). An alternative would be to drive across to the Hanley parkrun at 9am, which is tempting as I could be home by 10. I guess it'll depend on how well I get to prepare on Saturday.

• Options
    Go, Jools, go! But not too quickly.
    No running for me on Christmas Day, not even the headless chicken type hopefully, but I will be running to work tomorrow in my secret Santa lurid hi-vis leggings for a laugh.
  • Options
    Have we seen a pic of those Gul? I think we need to!

I was contemplating my Christmas day run last night and I'm actually tempted to take my spikes to the moor and practice hills for XC. I may change my mind on that though!
  • Options
    Don't think I'll be running Christmas day. Although I'm going to spend it at my parents house and the heating is set so high I might need to escape so I could breath some cooler air. My car break down is giving me a run/train commute of 14.5 mile a day, so no real problem to get the miles in this week. In fact I may break 60 miles for the week if I put in a few extra tomorrow.
  • Options

I guess that Jools will be on her way by now - looking forward to getting the updates on progress.

Just under 10 miles for me this morning - getting very close to 2,000 for the year. image

• Options

Probably too late - but good luck Joolska!!!

Tough day yesterday - 9 slow and hilly miles in, then 10 later on treadmill (with 4 quick ones in the middle @ 6.45). Recovery 8 planned today - will be v. v. slow - and am hoping it will clear hangover!!

No running for me on Xmas day - kids 7,5,3 and Santa visiting - so no chance...

• Options
    Unlikely to be out on Xmas day, have shuffled schedule to have a big day on Xmas eve so will use the opportunity for brownie point gathering before the onslaught of utter obsession with mileage in a week or so's time. image

Snowman, sounds like you need some more relaxed miles in your legs!
  • Options
    Bike It! - take it easy now with those commuting runs.
    Rat - Great double yesterday; hope you had a good recovery run. Enjoy the family at Christmas.
    CC2 - Speedy Goth wrote (see)
    Have we seen a pic of those Gul? I think we need to!
    The leggings and camera are at home at the moment, but I'll see what I can do in the morning.