Options

ASICS Super Six: Matthew (Sub-5:00)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck everyone not been around as just moved house and waiting for phone and Internet. Well done VikW great report! Going to spectate tomorrow!
  • Options
    I have now finished the Indian cloud dance after 15 hours and it seems to be working ...worth the sacrifice of no sleep (chortle image ) ...but seems to of closed a section of the m1....Damn
  • Options
    7 miles lovely you are doing it for your nephew and I am sure he will be proud of you and especially to play with your shiny medal...take it easy today image
  • Options
    There is a section of road in Milton Keynes that had a fire below it last year.  It is still closed to traffic!
  • Options
    Thanks Matt. My legs feel quite tight today! So I am bit worried. Going to do some stretching later, hopefully that will help.
  • Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone - dark clouds here in Norfffff London MKT so you may have had some effect after all!

Going off line shortly and won't be back on until AFTER!

Take care xxx

• Options

Best of luck Trigger, might see you along the way! Weather update: light rain shower for 13:00!

• Options
    Must of shaken my booty too much! One more wiggle and I could have caused a hurricane lol

Trigger, Silburbas, 7 more miles, and everyone else all the best for tomorrow image stay relaxed and have a great day.
    I am going to take the kids to the cinema (to see Rio) and might not get back on tonight. I will be watching it in the morning and thinking of you all.

He paints his face half blue braveheart style in an attempt to inspire and puts saddle on the dog and then climbing on, to which the dog yelps...
    The past 16 weeks has been about the journey to tomorw you have already done all the hard work. You are ready for it...it will be great....go for it!

(Then embarrassed himself further by getting his foot stuck in stirrup as he climbs off and picks up phone to book dog in to the vet lol)

really looking forward to hearing how it all goes....final thing when you are finding it tough...try a quick smile and a laugh...you never know might help.....good luck image
  • Options
    lol! cheers Matt - yeah i'm going to smile and think of the journey i've been through to get to where i am today image my supporters are asking me last min questions on where to find me tomorrow even though i have posted a very detailed guide on my facebook about almost everything, I wish they would read it!
  • Options
    On the bus back from the expo, went with three kids they seem to enjoy grabbing every possible freebies and I have 3 large bags full!

Best of luck everyone and enjoy it.
  • Options
    Can't sleep maybe overdid the carbo loading!!!
  • Options
    Glass of milk buddy...count sheep...visualize the finish line...ur bound to be pumped just try not to stress...

• Options
    My preparations are complete...Bacon sandwich made and coffee image now to three-dimensional sofá image

Good luck everyone image
  • Options
    I have started anxiously checking the results sections and I know how things have gone at the halfway stage...all the best for the second half guys image
  • Options
    Update of race from results pages.....

race (7more) is flying around the course...
    Silburbas is consistently plugging away....
    Karen is going well.....
    Trig at the moment is on track for 5:03 come on trigger...
  • Options
    And grace is across the finish line! Great going grace image cant wait to hear the details of your epic run- party time image
  • Options
    And debra aka trigger is across the line - well done trigger! image
  • Options
    Ace pacing has seen Karen across the line too well done image
  • Options
    Silburbas is across too...well done buddy image

Big sigh of relief now that you are all back across the line. So nervous for you all and I can't wait to hear how it went. Hope you all enjoyed the day image
  • Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭
    well done everyone hope you all got the times you wanted. it looked a tough one
  • Options
    Hi all

In the car back to Bristol now.

Across the line in 5h52ish so a PB at least.

Had the worse preparation at the start as due to train work so arrived after the starting gun went! So no time to warm up prepare kit etc and use vasaline.

Will submit full report tmr, wife need help directions.....

Well done everyone else too.
  • Options

soooo happy to cross the line. The sun was relentless, I really felt like giving up at about mile 21...then to my amazement, the runners world pace maker for 4.48 (sub 5 11 min minutes) ran past me so I kept with him for 2 miles. After that I dropped off and decided to do a walk, run until the end to get within the 5 hours, which was my ultimate goal, didn't feel like killing myself to get 10 minutes faster.

The crowds were thick all the way round the course! Just so much support.

Well done everyone, I had had an amazing day, will post pictures and race report tomorrow. It really was as special as I thought it would be, and my nephew was just so chilled out, he gave me a huge smile at the end, and I burst into tears image

I had just got back from a long train journey (as my dad managed to lock his keys in the car so we couldn't get home - yes, just what I need after running a marathon). But we went to the Hard Rock Cafe and had a nice beer and burger... image

O Matt - I saw Pete (sub 3 Paris) in the crowd - I shouted his name and wanted to congratulate him but he kinda looked at me and probably thought "who the hell are you?" lol! But I was in my stride by that point. I think I was a bit surprised to see someone who looked familar, apart from Denise Lewis of course!!! woweeee that was cool!!!!

• Options
    7 more miles....what can I say....you kept me on tenterhooks all afternoon as I was checkng out the race results that updated every 5 km and gave you a predicted finish time and you did soooo well image SUB 5 YEAH image you are an inspiration truly well done and one day I aspire to repeat your amazing feat!
    Look forward to hearing about it all- rest easy with some beers image can't believe your dad locked the keys in the car lol
    That moment with your nephew sounds so special and one to cherish image lifes about those sorts of moments
    I'll pass on to Pete about his celebrity status image he did do bloody well...skinny git image lol I used to have a crush on denise Lewis so glad I did not do London as she'd have distracted me from the running image

Well done again your a star!
  • Options
    Silburbas- hope you made it back to bristol ok and nice going for the personal best image sounds like a nightmare beginning for you and I will act as barrister is you want to sue the mayor of London for any chaffing that occurred due to lack of vasaline. Sleep well buddy..I prescribe two pints (extra strong lager) for you!
  • Options
    Still on I phone no Internet quick well done twas hot out there.
  • Options
    Got back home half hour ago! Wife was getting tired so I had the energy to drive from Newbury to home.

I actually feel still have energy in me just could not run faster. My dad who flew from France had a pint with me after the finish!

Well done 7moremiles excellent run. Now hitting the sack and thank goodness booked annual leave tmr! So plenty time to do the report.

See y'all in the morning
  • Options
    P.s. No chafs thank god just a very very stiff left shoulder.
  • Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭
    Just a quick post - 5hrs 19 so a pb by 9 minutes for me!  More later!image
  • Options
    Hope you are all not too stiff this morning and that your shoulder feels bit better silburbas.
    Trig great going for the pb! image seemed a great day on Tele although was getting warm by early afternoon...
  • Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭
    OMG I think my quads have died - now just have to get through my son's 18th birthday today - housefull of relatives - Greek styli!  Will post tomorrow!image