Options

RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Spoons- so nothing new there!

DD- you know when it's time to let go... Apprentices have to be allowed plenty of rope .It must have been tough remembering how to drive or did you just go straight onto the bike. Another solid session. Merry Xmas to you too

Don't know why I'm up now..no plans to run much today.
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Actually Spoons is sounding quite professional on his thread (a side we don't see much of on here image) I think I might just cut and paste.....

kfc - see you there!

DD - I've had good teachers.  I think you got something out of it too.  When we first met you hardly drank and went to bed at 9am every night.  Now you're always hammered! image

For for 18m now.  I is marathon training!

• Options

Minni - No i did n't, thought it was all a bit slow and then image.   18 miles for your first mara training run, nice easy start image.

• Options
    Minni - nothing like starting marathon training with an 18 miler!!!

5x1000m done and dusted for me on the treadmill this morning @14.6kph.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone.

Anyone else need to run in wellies?! Glad my village is at the top of a hillimage
  • Options

I prefer not to think of it as the first day of marathon training as being an 18-miler - more the day before marathon training starts being a lot lighter than normal!

• Options

It is like the end of the world down here - black as your boot [unless you are a green wellie sort of person] and raining like it was the second great flood.  Forecast for the rest of the week is horrendous and I'm not sure if my off-road race on Thursday will be cancelled.  Glad we got a reasonable run in yesterday as I don't fancy going out in this. 

AA:  likewise glad our house is on top of a hill!

I'm another you can only just about manage to keep up with one thread, so no stalking Minni from my end. 

KFC / Simon:  Part of our Christmas break is always spent with a map of the world planning our next trip - I'll do some research!!

• Options
    Gazelle.....you will be needing a few runs with 10 people staying with you for 4 days, good luck!

AA good run today, always satisfying to do that kind of training.

Old4scrooge.....where is your Boxing Day race?

I was thinking about doing the turkey trot out in braithwell but I'm not sure if I can fit it in with kickoff at bramall lane at 3! Think its only about 5 ish miles though and starts at 11.

A lot of york is under water!

Hope you have a fabulous run today Minni. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet today....luckily I got my long run in on Friday!
  • Options

Happy Christmas Eve everyone image

Great to see Minni as a mentor...I had a sneaky feeling she would be one...Sarah - you are in good hands image

I've had a couple of good days running - 8 miles on Saturday including 6 @ 7.20 pace, so a nice tempo run. Then 18.7 LSR yesterday....meant to be 18 but slightly misjudged the distance. Very windy and felt like hard work at times, but I'm pleased to get that distance in. Off to do a few miles recovery soon.

I'm thinking about going to run the YKW tomorrow as they have an extra one on Christmas Day. I'm not in the mood to race it, so might just test out how good I am at sticking to my planned marathon pace, which would be 7.30's. So I need to come in at just under 23.30 I think to get that right. I'll do a few miles w/u first to get into the pace.  Then I can feel nice and good before I come back to stuff my face with food for the rest of the day image

I'm on 1655 miles for the year so far - should make it to 1700 with a week to go.  Not as far as some, but it is the most I've ever done in a year. Plus the first three months were pretty light, so I can't really complain.

• Options

Sarah:  Clevedon is the run - not too far from us provided there is no flooding en route.  The race on 27th is on Salisbury Plain [off road] and is looking less promising image

Just had a cloudburst here - water lying in deep pools on the grass, on the patio, road etc.  I need to get out and get some milk but can't face it at the moment.  Our plans for walking tomorrow will need to have a revised route......................

• Options

11 miles on very muddy trails in the rain this morning. I'm so cold....

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Spoons- time to warm up with some Xmas spirit. Nice run

free- a couple of excellent runs. Pace and distance.Well done. It's good to have that LSR in the bag too. Big mileage for the year . There are some mile monsters here

AA- very precise intervals. Must have been a TM. Great pace

Mora- most here will be ahead of traditional marathon schedules so far as LR distances are concerned. Do you recommend stepping right back to start or maintain the LR distance and work on the quality of it?

Sarah- not easy finding routes to run these days . York really has problems. You'll be ok for the next LR. Sure the weather will improve ...can't get any worse anyway....can it?

O4S- if it carries on you'll need to build an arc. Still it doesn't stop you getting out.
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Erm yes well there's no way I could have run 18 yesterday. image

But I did run 18 this morning and bloody nice it was too.  Perfect day: dry and cool but not cold and I had company.   Chose a lumpy route and averaged 8:40.  A great start to training and to Christmas!

• Options

2old - I'm not 100% clear on the question, I'd never cut back training just to meet the start of a plan if that's what you mean.  If your long run is where you want it for that point in time I'd beef up the rest of the week whilst maintaining the long run distance - quality sessions, overall mileage, maybe mlr. A couple of 18m easy is a good way to go into marathon training as it gives you a lot more flexibility.

Typically I'd plan to get between 2 and 4 20 milers in before considering introducing quality. Not that this always work as there are plenty of people who get carried away anyway!

• Options

Ha! I just had the best Santa present ever image. Just returned from my 15 miler to meet our postie delivering a small package from Wooler, UK - my SHit Award has arrived!! I'm so happy. Whatta fab piece of bling, thank you guys.

/members/images/411726/Gallery/SHIT_award.jpg

• Options

and one with me grinning like an absolute idiot

/members/images/411726/Gallery/SHIT_award_2.jpg

Lovin' it! Do I have to part with it next year when the 2013 winner is announced?

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Ah fab!! So pleased it arrived in time for Christmas. It was well deserved but yes you will need to pass it on at some point!! x
  • Options

image awesome well done image

• Options
    Lol Chick, fab present + just in time for Christmasimage

Nice 18 Minni, now you can eat what you like tmrw guilt free.

O4S - hope that rain lets up soon over your way, we have constant rain here but mainly surface flooding nothing too major.

Great intervals AA + a nice tempo there Freemers!

Spoons - stop complaining, you are a man + men aren't meant to feel the coldimage

Some massive mileage being tallied this year gang, KFC i have probably run less than you given my lack of running post VLM.

Really enjoying spin + the gym still, however currently laid up on the couch with a cold, taking day/night nurse so no alcohol for me, bah humbug!
  • Options

Yey Chick- great trophy and a great pic!image

AA- nice intervals.

Free- some good sessions in the last few days!

Spoons- have a hot bath.image

Minni- good kick off to your mara training!image

18m done for me @ 8:40 very much against the elements.  Wet, muddy and windy. I gave up on trying to avoid the puddles quite early on so ended up competely soaked, frozen and caked in mud (I swear I found some in my ears in the shower...image). I think I've deserved a nap.image

• Options

Nice bling Chick image

Well done getting your intervals in AA.

Enjoy the festive YKW tomorrow Freemers, it's just under 23 minutes for 7:30mm all the way (or at least mine was on Saturday)

Good 18 milers banked from Minni and Bro image

Hope the floods subside for O4S, Sarah and AA.  We seem to have missed the worst of it.

Loving the rehydration drink now, had 4 pints of Kronenbourg, a glass of wine and a jagerbomb last night and I feel champion today image Stock up folks before the chemists shut for Christmas.

No running from me today, my ankle is hurting image  Have had a slight niggle in my right achilles on and off for a few months now.  That's fine, I went over on my left ankle a little bit on Saturday morning at parkrun (the course was really muddy and slippery) Thought nothing of it, it was a bit sore yesterday but still did 15 miles no problem.  Today it hurts image  So planned 5M today sacked off, might get out early tomorrow if I can sneak out of the house...

• Options

Carrot- what is this drink called again? Hope the ankle is better by tomorrow.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Take care of that ankle Carrot. 

Kiwi - lets hope next you can leave your injury and illness in  2012.

Nice run Brol image

• Options

Bro - it's just a rehydration treatment from Boots (own brand) They're for dehydration and diarrhoea, you get six sachets in a box and just mix one sachet with water and drink it before bed when you roll home.   I'd normally feel pretty bad after the amount I had last night but I really don't feel as if I've had much. 

• Options

Panic!!!!!

I've just remembered we've run out of Resolve Extra...... image

And I'm off to the pub in a minute..... image

• Options
    Nice work on getting the 18 miles in Minni and Brol and also the intervals Freemers.

At my parents now and tried out my sisters plyometrics dvd. It was only short but quite intense. I'm rubbish at jumping. Good to try something a bit different and knee was okay, although it's often the next day that I have problems.
  • Options

Back from a trip to the Council tip - festive season??  Bah Humbug!

Off to do a spot of haunting...........................

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Mora- thanks ..you worked out what I was trying to say ..very helpful

Minni and Bro- 18 milers well and truly nailed. Now celebrate Xmas. Well done

Not see if I will be back til tomorrow if then ,so happy Xmas all. Carbo/ fat / choc/ alco load without guilt.
  • Options
    Great 18milers Bro, Minni and Free. Had planned a lsr today but i've been stuck doing D.I. F'ing Y today cus a light packed up in our bathroom.

O4S - Did you get BA's prezzie at the tip? Hehe

Chick - Great trophy and pics

Have a great Christmas everyone!
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Hope you all have a lovely Christmas x
  • Options

Chick -  Looking good with the trophy, any plans to keep hold of it sub 3:25 or 3:20?

Minni/Brol -  Nice long ones, are you following the same plan?

Freemers -  Good running and enjoy the YKW, Swindon are not doing one otherwise I might have been tempted.

Carrot -  Take it easy with the ankle, put your feet up on Xmas day.

Merry Christmas All.