Options

The 2011 Marathon Tread

Comments

• Options
    Hope everyone gets running shoes in the morning image
  • Options
    Think I must of been reallllly bad..... No presses for me......image !!!!
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Mr Spoons,

I know I won't because Chris didn't know what to get me & I brought myself some Lush goodies as a treat now he's going to give me the money for them & that's going to be my present.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL at all the miles going in. I did about 6 including jogging a parkrun.

Always a Crunchie on a Friday, it is however mince pie Saturday

Have a nice day :¬)
  • Options
    We had a record field at parkrun. I had to grab the barcodes beyond 300 from the bag image
  • Options

HY4- glad you're back runningimage

NP- Nice going, mateimage

Fiona- no trifle for me!image Nice milesimage

Gobi- hope you enjoyed the mince pieimage

kaz- nice running- I didn't know there was a size 6image

Apologies for the Copy and paste...skip if you've read it already! 

A busy day for me today!  8 easy miles early on before the rest of the family were awake. Made custard for trifle, visited parents and swapped pressies, finished making trifle, made stuffing, made stock for gravy, made honey roast ham. Then got tomorrow's LR out of the way- 15.91m, so can eat and drink guilt free tomorrowimage. Should have been 16, but got so much of a shock at the end that I forgot to run the last part. Only got back to the Leisure Centre where I'd parked my car to find the gates shut and a sign saying they were closed until Tuesdayimage. I went into panic mode at this point- not only because of the car, I could have run home, but because MY MISSUS' XMAS PRESENTS WERE HIDDEN IN THE BOOT!!!!!!!imageimageimage After a few minutes of hyper ventilating, I realised that there was no padlock on the gate. Thank you, God!!image

Won't be on here or running after tonight until Boxing Day, so MERRY CHRISTMAS< EVERYONEimageimageimage

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Jason,

Thanks.  I think the uk goes down to a size 2! That was a lucky escape.

• Options
    85.98m this week off 7 sessions in 11.31.08. Building nicelyimage
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Jason - PIES !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Merry Xmas everyone, hope you all got what you want image
  • Options
    10 miles this morning, 20 tomorrow feeling fat and bloated on turkey and Xmas pud.
    Lol at Jason great story mate.
    Fiona great running well done on the 17+ miles
    Hope everyone had a great day

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

TomS,

Good to hear from you.  Hope next year is easier for you.

NP,

Well done.  

--------

Had a wonderful roast (duck legs) with homemade sorbet for pud & not feeling bloated at all image

Today's run didn't go according to plan which was 1.75 miles.  I miscalculated when to turn round & ended up doing 2.14 miles.  So I think tomorrow is going to be 2 miles and Tuesday I'll try for 2.5 miles (or just under).

• Options

Tom- welcome back- hope you get more running done in 2012, mate

Hope Santa was good to everyoneimage He brought me some new shorts, running socks, Dean Karnazes' book and a dvd about the Marathon des Sables. Think Mrs JD is trying to get rid of me- lol!image

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Jason,

LOL at Mrs JD.  Santa got me some Lush goodies and a few other bits & bobs.

• Options

HY4- I love Lush soaps- sometimes pop in when I'm passing just for a sniffimage

12m for me today in a howling gail and driving rain. Legs felt really heavy for first 4m, but was expecting that cos it's always the same if I miss a day. Back to normal by the end though- and had the wind behind me for the second halfimage

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Jason,

That is wrong.  The place STINKS.  I hate going in there to be bombarded by all the smells.  I have to make a list from the website & then take that in.  (It also means I spend less.)

• Options

Hi all

I hope you all had a nice Christmas and Santa was good to you!!

Nothing exceptional to report here apart from a Nike GPS sportswatch??? Anybody tried it??

Howling gales and driving rain here today - couldn't even get the car door open before and when I eventually did it blew back on me and just missed my face.............could have been nasty!!

Off to do TM for second time today .image

Back to work tomorrow for 3 days then on hols for a week, going away to Comrie in Perthshire for New Year, hoping that the weather there will be a lot better than here and get some good outdoor runs in as I will have plenty of childcare to........... might even try out some of the route of the New Perthshire Marathon.

• Options
    Great running folks, I got out in the wind and did 20, 10 into the wind then 10 with the wind to my back, nice...... Back to work tomorrow ran off all the turkey only to fill up on it again today image
  • Options

Just over 5 miles this morning averaging 10:43 mm image

Jason - I love Lush.  My son got me a box with 3 bubble bars and a bath bomb in for my present

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I don't even know what Lush is.

Ticking along here but not doing enough
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Gobi,

It's a shop which sell handmade toiletries, usually without too much packaging which is why it stinks in the shops.

Bridget,

Excellent.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    HY4 - cheers, safe to say not where I will be.

Another 10.4 miles for me today and my streak has reached a month.
  • Options

Good to see the festivities not getting in the way of training! 

400m reps for me yesterday, was going to aim for 90s but decided on 93s and 60s recoveries. Did 12 and 6 miles in total.

A longer run planned for today, nice and calm for a change. Amazing hw easy it is when work does not get in the way.

Nice to see you Tom, hope next year is a good one for your running.

F

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Fiona,

Well done.

-------

2.45 miles done.  Next run is going to be on Saturday after work (2.45 miles) then Sunday 3.1 miles.

• Options
    Another morning run for me, lovely to have daylight to run in but a bit odd to be in t-shirt and shorts in December when not racing.  6.48 miles averaging 10:28mm today and I'm feeling more confident about still having the speed there.
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Bridget,

Well done.

• Options
    why oh why am I  at work on whats been the best day in weeks?? would have been  lovely to get out today with the kids on their bikes but looks like it'll be another pm under the street lights or a another  treadmill session.image
  • Options

Nice running, peeps

Fiona- know what you mean about work!

14.28m at 8.05 av pace for me this eveningimage

• Options

400m reps on treadmill tonight, did 8 at 95 with 60 recovery, felt  good. image

Off work tomorrow am so hopefully 10 miles in the daylight for a change! Can't wait to holidays on Friday........ already decided on getting dropped off  in Crieff so I can run the last 7 miles of the journey. At least it will stretch the legs after 1.5 hours on boat and 5hour drive.image

• Options
    15 miles at 7:58 pace on the treadmill this morning.
    Jason great running ok for some off school lol
    Fiona nice interval session
    USB crazy weather, wonder what it will be like in April
    Kaz sounds like a plan hope you don't have the wind that we have.