Options

Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• Options
    jude , do the linky thing againimage
  • Options
    Well, i'm very tired, so i must have given it close to all i had, but my body felt tense from 3k and i ended up with a very very disappointing time of 63.50. Bang on 30.00 at 5k, but had little in the tank from about 6.5k and went backwards. I'll have a rest for a couple of days now before I decide how to carry on.

I saw AL looking very comfortable at about 7k - he was well on the home leg - i was still going out!!! Hopefully he made his time. I hung around after finishing, but it was crowded and noisy - Al, if you see this, sorry I could'nt find you.

Later everyone

Sr
  • Options

AW Spartak......you did well so don't be too hard on yourself and as you said you must have given it your best shot if your feeling whacked ...........you will easy do it next time I have great faith that you can and will...Shame you didn't get to meet our AF........ for that post race "coffee"

• Options
    Well you know this with running lark, you have good days and bad days - it's just bloomin' frustrating when a bad day coincides with a race day.  Don't feel down.  They'll be other races and well done for being on target up to 6.5 K.  I know you'll get under an hour very soon. Have a good rest.
  • Options
    Well done anyway Spartak.Fine effort! Today you gave your best and you can do no more than that.Have a good rest you deserve it .
  • Options
    leek and potatoe soup anybody?
  • Options
    Sounds tempting Ian, but I am stuffed!
  • Options

Yes please Ian! One of my favourites.

LLB - I can't do it! It was Robert Downey Jr - shirtless in Sherlock Holmes.

• Options
    Drooling over food and thoughts of running. I should go out for a speed session this afternoon but think my dinner needs to settle.
  • Options

Ian.....oooh yes please...love leek and potato.

No sign of AF yet I see...he  is probably celebrating with a few drinkies somewhere.image

• Options
    Ian Kirsh wrote (see)
    What the hell have i got involved with?????????/

Ahahahahaha!!!!  I know what you mean mate - perhaps we should post a few hotties of our own to even things up a bit? imageimageimage

Edit:  Coming to the end of my enforced week's break, will get started again on Tuesday - might leave the intervals for this week and go with some nice easy 5ks, with a longer run or two perhaps.  And if my knee is still playing up, that's probably a sign that it's time for new shoes but I still don't think I've done anything like 500 miles on my current Asics Gel Pulse 2s that I got in July.

Also gonna get some free weights to put on my machine - my legs have outgrown its maximum setting, so for them to strengthen, I need more weight. image

• Options
    Hello All,

Spartak- I was keeping an eye out for you and am gutted that I missed you. When we turned back I was hoping to see you and shout Go Spartak Go & unfortunately at the end it was very difficult to track people down. I sadlay looked and failed.

Well my time was 45.09 and therefore am a little disappointed that I didn't break my PB of 45.02. HOWVEVER I have decided that as the Brighton 10k is an offically measured course that I did beat my PB for offical courses (if that makes sense!!).

Sparatk-It was increadibly warm and my 2nd half of the race was slower if I had kept up to speed on the 2nd half I was going to finish in the 43 minutes mark. Also time wise a lot of the people I spoke to were disappointed in their time. The conditions should have been perfect,but, I was slower when I had to slow down when people were slowing down in fornt of me and it was a fairlay narrow course with perhpas too many runners.

The other reason for the disappointing time was a the 7k mark was these lovelies in short skirts and boots and pom poms - it was rude not too have a look (must have cost me a minte of my time). So LLB is to blame!!!!

The final result is that I came 562/2678 so nearly the top 20% so happy with that.

Anyway I have had a drink as I took my step son out for a 5 mile bike ride just now & we stopped at a pub!!! So that's too legs of the Triathalon done now (I will have a swim in the bath later).
  • Options
    well done AF fine run.
  • Options
    Alistair Fitzgerald wrote (see)
     The other reason for the disappointing time was a the 7k mark was these lovelies in short skirts and boots and pom poms - it was rude not too have a look (must have cost me a minte of my time). So LLB is to blame!!!! 
    Ha ha - that would be sufficient for me to lose focus as well! imageimage
  • Options
    Euuch, it looks awful out there right now, I'm glad I'm not running this week!!  Foggy, misty, gloomy and some drizzle as well - and about 7 degrees showing on my app.  Yuck!  Anyone heading out into that right now?  If so, I salute you!!
  • Options
    Wow - I go away for one night and I'm sooo far behind...

The spandex looks great, I think they'll be a nice addition to my metallic lycra collection, if I add a few Christmas lights I could replace the christmas tree! While speaking of Christmas trees I need to find that one that makes it's own fake snow that's just awesome and tacky.

I'm telling you all right now you're going to regret me singing at the party, I hope Smut can hold a tune better than me!

I've recorded the c2c Lou, so I'm hoping to see that later, also there is a new adventure show starting on bbc2 (I think) on thursday which I'm looking fwd to!

Well done to everyone who managed a run today, personally I only managed a gentle couple of miles walking with my best friend and his family at a national trust site in Newcastle but the scenery and day was beautiful, so was all good! .... And I may have recruited yet another person to do the mighty deerstalker with me, so that will be three of my friends doing it now image

Spartak - sorry it wasn't the time you hoped for, these things happen to the best of us, sometimes it's just not our day.... There will be other races

AF nice time, conditions sound like perhaps too many runners and the CRAC Cheerleaders causing problems on the course, the original plan was for them only to distract the field NOT you and Spartak as well.. Lou we're going to work on your strategy for the next race that features some of the CRAC team, as cheer captain it's your responsibility to come with a new improved plan!

Have eaten and drunk far to much this weekend, going to be a big diet and exercise week ahead (assuming work doesn't become too demanding this week!)

Hope everyone is ok and had a great weekend, seems like the girls have spent all weekend looking for pictures of inferior male species to post on here, perhaps they're just trying to make us feel better about ourselves.

• Options

well done AF and spartak, jude is right, some days its just not meant to be no matter what we do....in fact i have the world record for having 'an off day'image.....its all my race daysimagelol...AF your time was still really good , so a big well done...

gastank, the C2C was really good, the conditions were fab and the running on the fells looked absolutely amazing..wish i could have a holiday up in the dales and just run and run...looked fab.

um, yes we have had a few pics of males on here havnt we...um, goslly, dont know WHO was responsible for that tawdry showimageimage.......image....ahem..but yes you lads are def the best and i personally will ut some hotties here for you guys to even things up..cant say fairer thn that,,,,

• Options

Well done AF on your speedy time ....I know its not what you wanted( only  by  a few secs) but you should be well pleased with that time esp on a busy course..... tip for the bath swim- start at the bath end or you'll bang your head.......

Loooooooooooooooooooolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we are in trouble again.....................image distracting runners from getting their PB............betta go and hide girls....come on i kno a place where we will be safe....................

Well done again AF....................Looking forward to seeing them pics..............

• Options
    Well done AF! Sorry we put you off though.image Sounds like it was a tough race for a PB with lots of people and being fairly narrow and warm too.  Shame you missed Spartak.
  • Options

/members/images/531201/Gallery/images_3.jpg

JUST FOR THE CRAC MALES....HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!

/members/images/531201/Gallery/imagesCAGOB3QK.jpg

• Options
    Now LLB THAT HAS DEFINETLY put a big smile on my face!!! More of these please rather than blokes! 
  • Options

/members/images/531201/Gallery/imagesCACT599C.jpg

ok, last one and then we are even...and dont say i dont do anything for you lads...image
  • Options
    RR That made me laugh! Good stuff!!
  • Options

Ha ha!  Well done on the run today as well, AF. image

Edit:  So, which one's Loula, which one's Franny, etc etc. imageimageimage

• Options
    Loula is definitely the one in pink,
    Well done to all the racers. You keep inspiring us newer runners to get out there and train, even when the weather is miserable.
  • Options
    i WOULD be the one in pink but sadly thats not me..hair very similar though...heres meimagesadly not as much upfront lolimage
    /members/images/531201/Gallery/215_3.jpg

• Options
    No run tonight. Far too tired so listening to my body and will see how I feel tomorrow. I'm struggling to work out which training plan to use as I can already do the first 6 weeks of a beginners schedule, but I'm not sure I am in the 3:30-4:30 category.