Options

Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• Options

Lol Franny  nah Im just a bit dippy. Well done  on your run too and OMGosh those pics are amazing Im impressed.

Hi  Jude. Sorry about your Son and the lost money.I know I couldnt trust my kids with paying something.

Hi A.F yes its a 10k on Sun round a local waterpark.It was flooded last year and very splashy and muddy. One lady even had mud in her Bra.lol

• Options

afternoon allimage...well sounds ike you have all had good runs and training sessions today..foggy still a little here..am really shattered after work at 6:30am to 2pm again without a break..think i will do my run tomorrow and give myself a break this afternoon..meant to be clearer tomorrow and i have no major early start..

...ecky..which 10k is it? oh my goodness, we must select costumes..are you being stargirl again?

jude, aw wht a shame ..and very daft that they required cash payment..miss llb would prob spend some of her dance fees on all the lovely uniform and sweeties they have at the danceschool tuck shopimage

• Options

Its the Kingsbury one Loula. I wont be Star Girl this time as its only a little race mainly Club runners.

I hope you have a nice rest this afternoon sounds like you deserve it.

• Options

oo we will be routing for yaimage....as always!!!

when is big gir running with you again?image

• Options

Afternoon girls........image

AF..well done on your run this morning and yep i am pleased to be back out running again...just need to get speedier now......

Loula...........You deserve to be putting your feet up and having a rest after your 2 early morning starts.And as you say the weather may be clearer for you tom anyway..............

• Options
    oooooh LOUla...I ahve just noticed you av changed your piccieimage
  • Options

She will be running again on Sat and if she wants I will take her out after my race. She did say her legs were hurting this morning mind you he did kill us again last night. I must have done over 200 sit ups on the hard floor. I have chaffe in places I never knew existed.image 

I love the CRAC support team.It has got me through some tough races. I do enjoy this one though and would love to get a pb. I did it last year in 1.00.28.

• Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭

Hello everybody!

Hope you are all well and all the ladies have been keeping out of mischief! pffftimage

I have nothing much to report, i haven't done any runs, i have started playing football again last week to keep my fitness up but the work on the house has been keeping me really really busy!  All work and no play makes nandy a dull boy! I have also spent a lot of time forcing a tash out this month.

Take care!

• Options
    Nandy!!! you are doing Movember???imageimage...we need pics!!
  • Options
    yes , franny i have undergone makeover for christmas...my new pic for the fesive season..............image
  • Options
    Right, well, little by 'eck decided to contribute to today by running a temp of nearly 40, vomiting up the only feed he has taken today and waking up from his nap covered in a spotty rash.
    Doctor has put him on a warning - he has until 5:30 to take fluids, keep them down and look a whole heap better otherwise he will be heading to children's ward for a tube down his nose and a night with the nurses.
    Joy of joys! He is currently snuggled up with daddy refusing to drink while mummy rests in case I have to spend tonight on a camp bed.
  • Options
    Awww poor little mite image
  • Options
    Ian, we are well used to it by now. Daughter knows what she needs to pack in her overnight bag for staying at a friends/grandparents, we know the nurses, consultants, hospital routine etc.
    It is hard when they are poorly but my job is.to stay calm so everyone can do their job and I can reassure the little one and his big sister.
    On a slightly different note, school pictures came home today. How do I decided between one of daughter on her own and one of the 2 together? Do relatives etc actually pike getting these pics?
  • Options

ok byeck but it still must be v difficult hunny.i wish you all the best.

and on the matter of school pics.I think the worst so you can embarress them when they grow up?

• Options

lol ian...thats so meanyimage....we have had school pics too..i think its the first one that doesnt have a tooth, hairbow or cardigan gone missing on itimage...she stayed quite tidy for this one lol...

aw , by'eck,hope he is ok..there are a lot of tummy bugs around. my friend took her 5year old today to the GP as he was poorl , had the start of tonsilitisimage....hope little one takes some fluids...keep trying, i have my fingers crossed

• Options
    byeck-Fingers crossed for your little one. Staying calm must be easier said than done. Hope all is well very soon.
  • Options
    AF, did you find you and spartaks pics?
  • Options
    LLB- Yes I found mine and Spartak's pictures. Really disappointed that I didn't get to meet up with the boss. image 
  • Options

By'Eck - hope little one feels better soon.  It's horrible when they're ill.  Thinking of you!

Nandy - You've been absent for a while! Welcome back and enjoy the football.

LLB - Nice avatar! 

Had a  5.39 mile run with hubby this evening in the dark.  It was pretty cold, 4C by the park thermometer but always nice to run together.  (I have an excuse for going  a bit slower!)  Son is OK today and said he thought karate was boring anyway and that next year he would rather do basketball.  Just a shame it had to happen like this.  He has plenty of things to do though, what with swimming, piano (with me) and guitar lessons. 

Anyway, have a good evening all!

x

• Options

Thats good to hear Jude.

Karate isn't boring  at all but don't tell him Lol.

Have a good evening too.

• Options

CONGRATULATIONS - YOUR ENTRY HAS BEEN ACCEPTED FOR: EVENT DETAILS:
    Frank Harmer Memorial 10K Road Race and 1 mile fun run
    4/3/2012
    10:30am
    Brockwell Park
    Herne Hill
    London

EEEEEEEEK!

• Options
    id love a go at karateimage......'hieeee yyyya!!!! '   *karate chops in mid air*
  • Options
    ian...thats fab!! well done for entering..that will def keep you focused over the chilly months and xmas....im actually looking forward to having some days off over christmas ans sneaking out i hope for a run...im sure they wont mind if i go really early....it'll be perfect for me as not a soul will be around-they will all be busy nursing their hangovers and sore tums lol..meaning empty roads and peace for meimage
  • Options
    ty Loula.I love empty streets and roads.Christmas day is going to be a boozy affair, as is 3 days in Dublin in mid December but the rest of the time i hope to be a bit strict with myself.image
  • Options
    imagechristmas eve i have in-laws visiting.then going to crib service in the village church with our childrens..lol..then they come back to ours for nibbles and drinkies. christmas day will be at mym mum n dads, but very quiet, then boxing day thy will be at ours and my uncle too..so i will cook for 6, not so bad...the day after i MAY try n sneak out for a runimage...we dont drink much really....i like martini, but thats it really...
  • Options
    on my long run this weekend i will take some scenic pics if there is nice mist/fog/sunriseimage
  • Options

Evening!

Have caught up and read today's posts, but can't stay and chat. So will see you all again tomorrow.

Byeeeeeeeee

• Options

i would love to see those Loula

I only have urban streets to run on.But thats fine.I never known any different. image

• Options
    Go Ian! Entering your first race is really nerve-racking and exciting. You have allowed yourself plenty of time to prepare and ensure you are in tip-top condition. Plus, we have time to hoard fireworks and design our costumes.
  • Options

Oh By Eck I do hope Little Man gets some fluids soon and doesnt have to have the tube. ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Ooh Ian how exciting. Is that the first race you have entered.