Options

Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• Options

Afternoon folks...

Since we are showing off pics.....here are some of my poletricks....LOL

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/653430/Gallery/flagpole.jpg

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/653430/Gallery/polepic.jpg

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/653430/Gallery/superman_move.jpg

Not as glam as our Loula but festive red for Christmas cheer

• Options

Franny-Those are great pictures!

LLB- Sadly I am not bionic and am still a little achey will go for another 5 miler tomorrow. I was hoping it was going to be foggy this morning when I went out as I really fancied an erie run, sadly there was no fog. image 

• Options

by'eck i have worked for the company for 16 years now and even though i am ranting about the time in lieu subject i must say they have always supported me and valued me. sounds a tad cheesy but they have. things nowadays are not quite the same as it first was whn i joined but i think that probably goes for a lot of  retail companies...the focus has shifted from health professionals caring for the patient/customer to 'time is money'...the staff i work with have been there a while , a few new ones joining in our tiny branch but we have a very good team who work hard and know their stuff. we dont like to simply clock off and leave a job half done just because its home time. pharmacy/hospital/medicine just isnt like that, as im sure franny will vouch for!

but we all do agree that we feel its a shame that we have lots of pressure put on us all to push more sales, more products, more offers, fill in more paperwork, ask questionaires,all things that take up our time and dont really contribute to the care of our patients as much as we would like. some of the staff get really worried that they cant remember all the offers and questions they are supposed to do in case a customer is a mystery shopper...and we have cards scanned in and out to show how long a prescription is taking..my pharmacy has a waiting time of 5mins and 40 seconds....head office sent us data - they said its too slow. how ridiculous. and how sad that they value figures more than dispensing medication accurately and safely for patients. i remember a time when we could go and chat to the little old lady coming in for her tablets about where she had been for her shopping  and who she was visiting tht weekend etc..now we are so busy we end up feeling guilty for using that time or causing a queue out of the door...these retail giants have a lot to answer for..sometimes i think they forget there are real people at the end of the line...image

oh yikes im in a real rant mode today arnt i????image

• Options
    franny!!!!!!!!!!!!!imageomg! where do you do pole dancing?? i wanna go....!
  • Options

Loula....once I learned how to do it I got trained up to teach lessons/parties and did it as a sideline for a short time with another girl...It was so funny especially the hen parties...Alas things got in the way and don't do that anymore though i do have my own pole at home....LOLimage

And loula you are so right about what you were saying and not ranting at all.......there just isn't the time to speak to patients anymore and its frowned upon if you do.................wrong it is so wrong.......nursing has certainly changed alot over the years and not for the bestimage

• Options

Oh excellent pole tricks Franny!  My goodness, those pictures made me smile in the staff room.  I'd love a go of that!  But you two (you and LLB) are making me feel a bit plump in comparison.  

Perhaps we should take a photo of ourselves for our christmas party and post it as we check in (whatever day it will be).  I just hope I can manage the techno side of that coz it's a bit hit and miss sometimes.

• Options
    oh yes jude thats a fabby idea...put on what we would wear and post a pic on the night....lets do itimage....am searching for a pic i have of me on miss llbs rollerblades somewhere....i think the computer may crash in horror if i post it though..i think i was wearing legwarmers!!image
  • Options
    FrannyT wrote (see)

Loula....once I learned how to do it I got trained up to teach lessons/parties and did it as a sideline for a short time with another girl...It was so funny especially the hen parties...Alas things got in the way and don't do that anymore though i do have my own pole at home....LOLimage

naughty frannyimageimage.....
  • Options

i found  anuvver party frock pic!! i didnt know these were even on the laptopimage

/members/images/531201/Gallery/216.jpg

MORE FESTIVE RED!!!image...i likey this dressimage

• Options
    speaking of festive...when can we change our avatars to christmas pics?image....1st december too early?im going to use same one i had last year
  • Options
    p.s ....AF , spartak, your race pics are up !! i found you! nice photies ladsimage looked like a sunny dayimage
  • Options

Last day of enforced break for me - I'm like an F1 car revving its engine on the grid right now!!!!

-Franny:  Wowowowowow....

• Options

ok...been scouring events and found another that sounds nice...challenging but nice...North Downs Way 50miler....imageanyone fancy joining me ?

• Options

Jude.....fabby idea indeed ...................Loula........thats anuver niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee frock LOL...............

• Options
    Nooooooooooooooooo stop looooking at events..............LOL
  • Options
    LLB where are the photos? Not sure which comapany took them.
  • Options
    it was sussex photography again AF.i looked up BRIGHTON 10K , then there is a link to sussex photos
  • Options
    FrannyT wrote (see)
    Nooooooooooooooooo stop looooking at events..............LOL
    i caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnt...im addictedimage
  • Options

Oh my goodness Frannyimage Wow!

Ummm, I was going to post a picture of me dressed up (very tastefully I hasten to add) as a belly dancer for a murder mystery dinner party we went to. But my hubby looked horrified when I asked him to reduce the size of the photo! Ooops, I'd better keep that one hidden (but I think I looked lovely image)

Loula, hope you are sitting downt his evening and resting after such a long day. 

I just managed to squeeze in a run. Hubby was home very late and I only had 35mins before he had to go out again. So only managed 3 1/2 miles but better than nothing.

• Options
    Ditto chili. I had 30 minutes so decided to torture myself and do some speed work. I hate it and have decided it is because of the following things -
    It reminds me of my PE teacher
    You know it is going to be hard
    when you have finished and recovered you are left with the feeling you could possibly have done just 1 more interval
    The mix of hard and recovery means my stats never looks good
  • Options

OMGosh I just been so busy again today I just never seem to have much time to catch up.

Boxing again tonight and he killed us.Big Gilr came too and did really well.

Hi By Eck well don on the speed work. I reckon they are sone of my reasons too.lol.

Awww Chilli show us the pic.I bet you looked amazing.Well done on your run too.

I just realised Im racing on Sun doing the Kingsbury 10k. I have had to drop out of the Pudding run as Hubby is working that weekend.

Hi to everyone else. Spartak and A.F how are you feeling today after your race.

• Options

Morning! Where is everyone? I'm not usually the first one on.

Happy running everyone. Except that I'm biking and swimming today. image

• Options
    I know what you mean chili. I've had a lurk this morning but everyone else seems to be doing the same. I have gone down with the same lurgy my daughter had yesterday. Now.lookin after son and poorly husband. Urgh!
  • Options

Good morning guys.

Have a great swim and bike run Chili

and i wish you and all yours much better Byeck

Rest day for me today back into the fog early tomorrow though.

I'm actually looking forward to it,I think all of your enthusiasm is starting to rub off image

• Options

Morning Chilli hope you enjoy your Bike and Swim.I really need to get swimming spesh when my Ankle is playing up.

By Eck I hope you are all better soon.They are dropping like Flies at the School where I work.It sure is that time of year again.

Morning Ian.Enjoy your rest day.I am resting too but will run tomorrow.

• Options

Good morning.....

Aw Byeck I hope you are all feeling better soon....Big Hugs

Chilli....Enjoy your bike and swim...How's the back today????

Ecky.......Had to laugh when you posted that you forgot you were racing on Sunday...you are such a busy lady you see....Glad your daughter enjoyed the boxing.........

Morning ian...glad our enthusiasm is getting you going...LOL

I am just in from a 9.5 miler along  the canal..thought it was going to be in the rain but it went off before i went out and it was actually a lovely sunny morning but verrrrrrrrrrrry chilllly....my bum was freezing when i got back in LOL....Anyway thats been my longest run since I hurt my ankle and it all seems good....

Loula...Don't be worjking too hard now and sooo pleased you managed ro finish the stock counting today.......Hope you get out for your run later if its not too foggywhere you are.

Hi Jude..AF....Spartak...Smut......Angel...How was your weekend?????? Hi To everyone  else......

• Options

Afternoon all!

Have a good bike and swim Chili.

Ecky and Ian - Have a good rest day.

By'Eck - wish you better soon.

Didn't get home till 8.30 yesterday and everybody was in a bad mood because middle son had lost 50 lira to pay for his school karate lessons and hubby had told him off. image It's a really silly method of payment, as the karate teacher has to be paid directly and he isn't there at drop off or pick up time so the children have to be trusted with the money.  Hubby says son has to give up now which is a shame but we are struggling a bit. 

I hope to run after school today. image With hubby if he feels up to it.  (He's digging fertilizer and sulphur around the nectarine trees at the moment.) Kids will be back at swimming today.

Beautiful sunny day! Still foggy in England?

Enjoy!

x

• Options
    Franny - Glad to hear you had a good long run with no problems!
  • Options

Jude......Aw thats a real shame about your son...bet he feels really bad about it...as you say its a really silly way to pay....Hope you get out for your run later with or without your hubby...enjoy............yeah its foggy in England..well where Loula is anyway but its lovely and sunny but chilly in Scotland.....

• Options
    Afternoon all,

Overcast down here, dull but mild.

Ecky-So we have racer this weekend. Good luck.

Chilli-Enjoy your bike ride and swim.

byeck-Hope all in the byeck hosehold recover asap. Take it easy.

Franny-Well done on your 9,5 mile run that sounds like a nice run. Sounds like you have fuly recovered you must be pleased.

Jude-Sorry to here about you son. At least Turkey aren't in the Euro!

Ian- It is great that are enthuisam is motivating you.

Managed a 50 minute run this morning and did 6.1 mile and was nearly ache free. However, I was wearing my new trainers and I felt that a blister was on the way. Will remeber to put a plater on it when I go out tomorrow.