Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

big sow doesn't really fit in with what I am doing - outlaw half on 2 June and dambuster on 22 June. BIg sow on 16th  would be a bit much! Shame everything seems to be in June

• Options

managed to get to the pool and back and do 60 lengths with a pull buoyimage could feel mu form slipping towards the end so decided to get out. Noticed my left arm is  a lot flatter than the right, so tomorrow I will work on high elbows.

So nice to do some exercise. Might even try out the spin bike at a low resistence tomorrow before the pool just to see how it feels. Physio said I could bike but I have been reluctant to do so really - can't walk properly yet

• Options

Maths - Forgot about Outlaw Half... It is a bit of a frenzy in June isn't it. Nice to hear you've been able to get some exercise in. Was supposed to swim tonight but my friend wants to join me tomorrow so a walk/run done tonight. Might even go to spin Thurs and see how I get on. Hope the biking goes ok, don't overdo it! 

• Options

yeah, I am not even sure about the biking, but the gym is in the same place as the pool, so I'll see how it is and decide, I can always just come out of the gym and sit and wait for the pool session if it doesn't seem like a good idea, or do some upper body weights.

• Options

Aye, just go with how you feel. Doing anything is a bonus whilst you're injured. Thinking I need to get some warm kit for the bike, bribe myself into getting out...

• Options
    5.5 mile run this lunchtime, 49mins at 9.26m/mi, felt great and managed tempo intervals for the last 1.5miles with no problems, ankle is aching a bit now and it's swelled a little but ok with that.
  • Options

Nice run razor. After the sprain in Sep my ankle always hurts after a good run, and clicks loudly like a dolphin. Really good to see you getting back in to it!

• Options

Top work Razor, glad the ankle holding up. Nice to hear it feeling great. Shows patience is a virtue!

• Options
    Yeah, Cat I'm seeing progress all the time, just need to get on the bike again, oh and get back in the wet stuff.image
  • Options
    How you doing Mrs D? Your right patience is a virtue, been tempted to push things on but it only sets you back in the end. Ortho cancelled my appointment until beginning of Dec, he wants to take one of the screws out so don't know what the lay off will be, hopefully it will only be a couple of stitches.
  • Options
    mathschick wrote (see)

Must find another spring 40/50 miler to do though, it would be good training for outlaw half

There is a sportif at jonral bank (sorry spelling even for me. imageimage) in march that might suit you chuck. Mentioning it because highly likely a few pirate types might be doing it as very near the Slient Assasin's house. Was debating doing it myself if I can get sarah on board.

• Options
    Ahhhhhhhhh got man Flu Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
  • Options

thanks cake - I'll look it up and have a think about it

ST - if it is man flu then there is nothing wrong with youimage

well, did about 10 or so minutes on the spin bike with hardly any resistence - not painful but felt odd, and then some core work and half an hour swim with the pull buoy. That was good cos I was in the 'medium' lane, and was going as fast as a young man in the fast laneimage I find I am faster with a pull buoy, which I guess tells me loads about my kick creating drag.....my arms ache though

• Options

Aw ST you got a bit of a cold. Take a few lemsips and have an early night. imageJust watch out there are some repetative bugs out there, my cold has come back just as I felt better and started doing some training. IronCat had similar.

• Options

Go Maths... Glad the bike went well and you're putting young men to shame on the swimming front. How's it feeling now? I've recently discovered the joy of trx bands for core work. Managed a mini brick today at gym. 10k on bike followed by 20min walk/run. Was intending to swim but the pool was absolutely jam packed with children - my ultimate nightmare! 

ST - you keep your man flu to yourself...
    Razor - couple of screws coming out should because simple process. Hopefully won't set you back. I am taking you as inspiration to keep the patience and the faith.

• Options

MrsD - erm, when I was driving after all the exercise it started hurting. Not sure if it was the exercise or the gear changing...

no idea what trx bands are or how to use them! will try google...

• Options

I'm assuming you're all iced up Maths? Hopefully it's just a reaction to doing a bit more and it'll settle. Check out the trx - not my favorite but effective.

• Options

yes to the ice - the physio told me to take a chunk of ice and rub it hard - well, on the really tender bits I haven't been rubbing too hard

do you do trx in the gym or do you have some at home? I'll have to see if they have some in my gym, although that part of the gym is always full of blokes.. slightly intimidating in that area....

• Options

In the gym, loads you can do on them. Don't let the boys intimidate you... Just remember they usually have small appendages they're over compensating for! 

• Options

I'll have a look tomorrow

• Options

I'll have a look tomorrow and see if they have them in my gym

going to find some more videos on youtube to see what to do on them

• Options

Let me know how it goes... Have pt tomorrow, will share my pain afterwards!

• Options

Enjoy your gyming!

First swim for a few weeks tonight. Ouch.

• Options
    I've been in a post marathon funk but horse riding tonight has cheered me right up. Need to man up and sort out non club swimming next as left leg is still a bit twingey post marathon so think I need to stay off running and keep biking easy and low level or ideally skip it all together for a bit longer. Trouble is just having had it all setup for me I want to turbo!

Got my wetsuit this week but it will have to warm up a lot before I try OW.

Weight is polling on and I really am having trouble with getting back on the diet wagon. Curry with friends tomorrow so not starting then either!
  • Options

been back to the doc this morning and he has signed me off for another week and sent me for an xray.

Ali - yep, I am struggling now with weight, especially as I spend most of my time bored at home. I am going to swim every day now though. But swimming makes me hungry!!

ah well, will have to make lots of veggie soup or something

• Options

Are you still on crutches, MC? If so - I'm impressed you can make it to the pool - wet floors and all that? Respect!!

• Options

I'm not using them all the time Brit - trying to phase them out! for short walks - round the house, from car to pool I am ok-ish, and further and I need them still as my knee gets sore with the weight on it

80 lengths today with the pull buoy in 50 minutes. Shame I go slower when I haven't got the pull buoy! Anyway, I guess that means my arms can get me round the outlaw half swimimage just need to sort my legs out

• Options

oh, didn't really have time to go up to the gym and look for the trx bands - I'll do it tomorrowimage

brit - I nearly went flying yesterday on slippery pavementimage

• Options

Just got back from Physio who gave me some acupuncture had some good news and bad news wants to see me twice next week (good job I'm not paying for it)

Says I can bike but not run and swim gently not allowed to bend or lift either.....dont know how I am going to manage that but then she also thinks I should be off work and thats not going to happen either

At least I can do something to get a bit less lardy