Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Runningfeet - Blackminster half is a nice event - I've done it quite a few times. Flat, although a few undulations - the ones I remember are a bit of a drag at about 5 miles and then a particularly nasty incline right at the end of the 6 mile loopy-loop which always catches me out, and you get to do it twice.  Also it's over distance - you go straight past the last marker and think you've finished but there's still 100m or so to go. www.d2ride.co.uk The thing that always amazes me is how fast the leaders are going - the speed us mere mortals run means we're bound to be lapped usually midway through the first 6 mile loopy...you here them it coming up behind you and then they zoom past at some speed.

• Options
    Well done Cat, great times and glad you made the wedding image
  • Options

Cat is getting far too fast! Welcome MLW.

Got OK from medic on Thursday to go back to exercise.....within reason and no long distance stuff.....did first race of season on Sat, G3 10K (and then a bit more) XC. 9th from last!!! LOL. It REALLY did me in from 5K (as far as I have been in months) and I am normally OK on that course.

That's what you get for having an (enforced) break.

Still sore, might do gentle 40 min turbo tomorrow.

Good to be back - ish.Think I belong back in the beginners.

Wonder if Cat could lap me at Frimley Parkrun yetimage

• Options
    Wecome back Dusty, just take it easy.
  • Options

Great news DB. Really happy for you!

Don't think I could get you at Frimley, but Woodley is a 3 lapperimage Let me know when you're road riding again.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

MLW -  I did archery as a child/teen, mainly 'cos my brother did it, I was not brilliant but did  manage a few age group medals/wins in county champs, due to only being 3 girls in my age group.

Great news DB, I am not up to doing 5k yet without walks, so you're beating me. I am looking forward to another ride with your dulcet tones encouraging me up the hills.

I have stretched tonight, spent 30 mins doing all of them, making up for not doing any over the weekend.
    I am going to go for early morning run/walk tomorrow.

• Options

DB - good to hear you're back at it. Look after that ticker!
    Mikasa - you will be stealing my sicknote title soon. Hope all heals beautifully.
    Welcome Pete and Wobbler!
    Mr Cat - doing rather well then eh! Are you doing the Cotswolds Super sprint? 
    Maths - sounds like you've beaten the flu. Go on girl!

Work since Fri has kindly scuppered my training. Many long days and extra shifts as staffing is short. Now absolutely pooped out. Gonna shoot out for a short run to keep my chin up a bit. 

• Options

DB - good to hear you are ok

MrsD - yep, I am loads better. Masters swim last night, turbo this morning. Bugger about the knee as a run this afternoon in the sun would have been lovely. Going to head to the gym though and use the treadmill abit (on Sat I did a few little burts of 2min run/2 min walk for a short time so going to try again). Best to keep that to the treadmill though with the softer landing, and some weights

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

DB - great news, just take it easy.
    MrsDigger - that did cross my mind!
    MC - glad you've beaten the bug, now just get that knee sorted!

Lovely sunny day here too but ankle to achy to even go for a walk.image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I did my early morning run, just after 6am, managed just over 5k, doing 2 min run/45 secs walk.

I have had to change my plans for tomorrow. I was going to go for an early swim, but now I need to go to a different office to start with and I can only get a car parking space if I get there before 8am. At least at present my work shedule is that I have a late morning meeting on Thursday so hope to get the swim done first thing Thursday.

• Options

steady - well done

my knee didn't agree with running on the treadmill so I did weights and core instead. wondering whether to do a fast walk in the morning or a turbo. 

• Options

1st road bike ride of the year, Yay! 12 miles on the SS Dustboy, 140M climbing so flattish. 14mph average. I'll take that for a single speed iron horse. Knackered now!

• Options

Evening all!

Finally managed to join the gym and actually did something vaguely energetic for the first time in a while.  I feel stupidly proud of myself!

(I also chased some Year 8 kids around school for an hour today, around two 3-storey class blocks, so that may count).

x

• Options

Welcome Mid Life Wobbler, great to have you join us.

Dustboy - great news! image

Hi to everyone else.

Ran 5 miles today in the glorious sunshine. Swimming this eve was a flop because out pool decided to tighten up on the rule that says I have to stay within arms length of my children (although they can swim) image

But am planning my longest bike ride in the morning. Hope the weather is as lovely as today.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

DB my bike is still on the turbo, quite jealous that you got out there in the sunshine today.

Mathschick I would go for a brisk walk. But saying that I am not doing anything early tomorrow apart from going to work.

• Options

It was a nice day!

I swam last night, not as painful as I thought it would be after a few weeks off. Quads still very sore today, so back on the turbo tonight for a lighter hour session. Running track tomorrow image

Good luck with the training MLW.

• Options

ended up doing nothing this morning, stayed in bed because yesterday I felt stupidly tired

so, tonght may be a turbo session as by the time I get home I will be unable to get out again because of childcare

tomorrow should be a walk then!

• Options

Did you turbo MC? I had a track fail, the 4th 600m rep dragged on and my legs stopped working. Obviously not even partially recovered from Saturday's race.

In other news, I have qualified as a GB age-grouper for the European sprint duathlon champs in Holland! imageimageimage Saturday's pain was worth it!

• Options

Top bombing mon brave, do you get one of those natty Team GB one piece trisuits now?

• Options
    Dustboy wrote (see)

Top bombing mon brave, do you get one of those natty Team GB one piece trisuits now?

Merci beaucoup! AG suits are like the elite ones, but only one union flag.

I owe you a beer too DB - it's entirely your fault for dragging me round the Surrey Hills that first time.

• Options
    IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

In other news, I have qualified as a GB age-grouper for the European sprint duathlon champs in Holland! imageimageimage Saturday's pain was worth it!

I know I'm still new to all of this, but this sounds rather impressive, even to me!  Congratulations!

• Options

WoooHooo!!! Go, Go Cat!!!! imageimageimage That is amazing news. Congratulations image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Congratulations Cat. Does this mean a family holiday and championship race all in one.

I have swum this morning, very pleasant 4 in the lane all similar speeds. No getting in each others way, had a tap on the foot, got to the end of the length and let the swimmer past with a thanks called out. Did a mile in 41 mins then just did a cool down.

• Options

morning

yes, did a sufferfest turbo last night - I did feel a bit guilty sticking a plate of food in front of my youngest son and going off to turbo in a different room (he wouldn't have appreciated the open windows if I had been in the same room).

then a gentle turbo this morning, so gentle I did 9 miles in an hour. Parents evening tonight but hoping I will be up for a brisk walk when I get home - I'll need some fresh air after being stuck in the stagnant sweat pit that is parents evening for 3 hours

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Wow Ironcat! Check you out!!! image

• Options
    IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
    Dustboy wrote (see)

Merci beaucoup! AG suits are like the elite ones, but only one union flag.

I owe you a beer too DB - it's entirely your fault for dragging me round the Surrey Hills that first time.

Fantastic going Cat - great work - nice to see one of the gang make good image

And Dustie - what's this I hear on the tomtoms that you've been passed fit to come out and play again?  So so pleased for you image

• Options

wow, cat, well done

shattered after parents evening so the sofa it is for me tonight

• Options

I went out on the bike at lunch on a very hilly section to match the course in April...I'm just trying to download the data from my garmin but it's playing up.  I think it was ok, but it felt really slow in places.  Although I did get that funny legs feeling when walking my bike back to the office which I think is a good sign.  It meant I was trying...

Afterwards I tried one of those fancy recovery shakes.  I'd got it free with something...it was supposed to be strawberry flavour...supposed to be...I don't think I'll be buying it.

pete_inthehills