Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Personally I would have at least a banana before I leave - I don't function well on an empty stomach but that's just me.  Don't forget you haven't eaten for at least 10 hrs as well...

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

EP - when I cycled a few times last year I had a banana or even porridge before leaving and a bagel when I got there (with nutella, yum!). 2 hours on a bike will make you hungry

and I have just realised I have lost the magnet for the cadence sensor - must have come off outside somewhere, damn damn damn

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

EP - just make sure you eat something, whatever it is, both before and after, and possibly during

• Options

Hello,

I will read back during my lunch break, been absent for a couple of weeks due to work/weddings/holiday, so I hope everyone is doing well.

Spent the last week cycling in Sardinia and got roped into doing a local race on the last day - ended up 2nd woman (1st was the current champion of Sardinia leader!) won a kilo of pasta, cheese and salami image

• Options

So, I've spent a period of time sulking. Have pulled myself together and things are improving. So, hopefully the weekend should be a go!

Will read back and post properly later image

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

EcoSeal - wow, good stuff on the biking! You planning to do any tri's this year?

MrsDigger - glad you're not sulking anymore. What's up this weekend?

I have 4 weeks until my sprint tri. I haven't been swimming for ages, I'm slower on the bike that I'd like but that seems to be my best discipline atm and I still don't know if I can run. Great eh? image

• Options

Hey Mikasa - thinking I might do Cotswold women tri at the start of june but I need some OW practice and starting to up the run mileage for the boar.

• Options

Hahaha I have ridden down swarkestone bridge rush hour traffic going the opposite direction that was fun image felt bad for the peeps coming the other way tho'!

• Options

Sorry been off w**k for a bit so havn't had time yet to read back just wanted to say hello. image

• Options

cool EcoSeal! that sounds like a lot of fun...and a great prize! lol

I was out again running today.  I think I'm developing shin splints so I'm going to try to swim in my lunch hour next week (depending on my work commitments).  Oddly my garmin was complaining about having a full memory (which I blame for distracting me to a slow time 52.35min for 9.3k).  I didn't know you had to delete old data.

I'm getting excited for everyone planing races.  I've got nothing until June so you'll be my source of excitement for the next month.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Pete - I haven't had to delete anything from my garmin yet, obviously means I haven't done enough! image

• Options
    AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

I have now swum I open water twice and will manage twice more before Sundays Race. So far it's been enjoyable after the first 10 minutes freezing cold and I've discovered I'm much happier with non-tininted goggles, odd but true. So I will mainly be squinting in races this year!

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

ecoseal - wow, well doneimage great prizes!

MrsD - not sure what you were sulking about - injury? Hope you are ok

pete - no I haven't had to delete anything yet either!!

turbo for me this morning, Local Hero (sufferfest) which is a good 1hour 25 mins, without the blooming cadence sensor though. And now I think about it I remember finding an oddly shaped magnet on the floor last week, couldn't figure out where it was from and I think I put it in the bin, which is unusual for me because I never throw anything away, I am so cross with myself!! Well, I have ordered a replacement...

• Options

Well it's fine if you are going the other way image bit of a hill on the other side too image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Well done on the prize Ecoseal.

Good turboing MC, not good having no cadence sensor though.

I did a little run/walk, took ages to do 5k but no serious problems during or after.

Mr Steady may not be coming to support me at Outlaw half, so may be looking for some support at the campsite, if anyone is camping.

I washed my bike tonight, ready for the race on Sunday, tomorrow I will get kit ready, I have a start time of 8.20am.

• Options

Well, after twanging something in my ankle on a 23 mile 2.5 hour!!! bike ride weekend before last, mucho massage and deep heat let me nurse "race" Shinfield 10K on BH Monday. Hour and 7 minutes and it hurt. 15 mins slower than "before ablation". Felt quite ill dizzy/lightheaded/peculiar for rest of day (good grief only a flippin' 10k!) but fine on Tuesday until I twanged the tendon again going up the stairs. Think it's connected to matey boy crushing me foot last year with his 4X4.

If I feel rough after a 10K, how will I feel if I get to doing a sprint before the year end? Fingers crossed it was just a glitch.

But..........DUSTY IS BACK!image

• Options

Yayayay Dusty! image good job!

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Dustboy, at least you tried and know how it feels. Your time would have been much faster than mine. 

Today will be a rest day as body is feeling sore and in need of some TLC. 

• Options

I've had the garmin watch for 2 years so it took me a while to fill it up.  I didn't know that it has a totals option...I've done 897.68km in 69hours 48 minutes.  I'd have thought that I've done more than a little over 4 days of exercise in the last 2 years..

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

DB - yay, well done image be careful of that ankle though

CJ - enjoy your rest day

I have done hill reps for the first time in ages, it does feel good to push hard sometimes image swimming tonight too, though that might depend on how ill my youngest son is, I feel guilty leaving him with my parents today as he really isn't very well, I suspect it may be tonsillitis and am hoping they will get him to the doctor this morning

• Options
    Dustboy wrote (see)

But..........DUSTY IS BACK!image

imageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    Welcome back Dusty image
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

ah, he isn't suffering too much so I am swimming tonight image

• Options

Biked home tonight in the pouring rain image and then I got to Hathern and the clouds parted and it was all sunny image knee is feeling better - will try and run to train station tomorrow morning image