Options

Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Options
    Thats ok then I supposeimage

3.47 mile today clocked via Runkeeper.
  • Options

well done! Kev, is that your first 5k on your own after the plan?

• Options
    Yay couple of minutes of internet......

WK3-R3 Completed yesterday along the sea cliffs so that

Was 3k for me not bad after a 5k walk then we have just

Walked from Caister to Hemsby had lunch and walked back

10km total in the rain......

Will catch up with everyone when we get home image

October- 24k
  • Options
    B2b,

Yes mate it was, shins was ok prior to run as well.

will see how the feel tomorrow, got some biofreez on hand just in caseimage.

Mummysaurus, well done on completing WK3 and have a good holiday.

Lisa, hope you feel better soon chickimage
  • Options

Kev, I walk 5 mnutes either side of my runs and don't count it. I see it as a walk, not part of my run. If it was a walk break within a run I would count it. Each to their own I suppose but I could start claiming the miles I run around the football pitch each week as its still training? 

• Options

Engineer been internet all better now

So will catch up later

• Options

finally got the lergy image havnt run since tuesday last week, foot needs to heal anyway so I guess its good timing...I guess image

Aaaaaaaaaanywhooo

Well done Kev glad the shins are ok, keep up with mashing those calfs with the rolling pin and you will be fine image

JR - I guess I claim walk breaks in mine because I have ultras in mind so I never pause the watch at all. I can understand not adding it if you want to get nice and warm then try for a PB image Maybe I should do that lol

• Options

5 miles farlek this morning, nice easy and relaxed - another easy one tomorrow then rest day Friday and an easy couple of Saurday.  Sore knee at moment which seems to have been a result of that trip the other week, funnily enough right knee that took the brunt of it is OK now, it's the left knee. Whether I twisted it when I fell I don't know. Certainly worse when I get out of bed when it feels like it is going to give way on me - funnily enough doesn't hurt when I run and given that I have pretty much run 80 miles or so since it happened can't be much.  Happy days

• Options

B2B - Hope you fell better soon and are back on the road

Grendel - Take it easy mate you have your "mystery" race coming up soon then the marathon next year. Now, when you gonna tell us about this "mystery" race hmmmm ... lol !!

B2B - So the tattoo has been done - did the guy ask who the hell Scott Jurek was when he done it ? !!

After last week that I was really pleased with I have faltered. I have not run since Saturday thats 4 days so an easy 5 tonight and either 3 or 5 tomorrow then 8 Saturday. Regretting not getting out Monday now ... oh well upwards and onwards

Keep on keeping on guys !!

• Options

330 - yeah he said he had been trying to work it out all day lol! image

My throat is destroyed! image Just need to sleep loads I think

330 - Dont panic, resting is a good thing image

• Options

No mystery about it 3:30, but with the race sometime over the next x days/weeks over X miles I  am just feeling a bit uncomfortable as the knee seems to be getting worse - BUT it seems OK when I run so fingers crossed for the Wix 5 on Sunday, I mean a mystery race sometime in the next few weeks.

3 miles jogged this morning - very very very easy. 

• Options
    Grendel3 good luck sunday

B2b get out there and run that cold off.

3.43 today via Runkeeper.
  • Options

Grendel, Wix 5 ? You mentioned a race so is that the one in the next few weeks ? that's the one I mean is a mystery, are you going to tell us ? !!! lol !! Mind you I think I may keep my first race back a mystery until I have done it !!

Look after that knee

B2B it is but its habbit forming the more I rest the more difficult it is to get out there again !!

• Options

Not the next few weeks - it's sunday!!!!!

• Options

Wish there was an edit feature - it is the first race since my comeback where I am wearing racing flats (or a far lighter shoe than before - not a real stripped donw one) so I am hoping to get through the race OK - have been wearing them up to 7 miles on my fartlek session - am now going to rest my knee between now and Sunday with only a very easy 2 miles Saturday morning.

• Options

Where is the race Grendel ?

Whats it called gonna have a look on web

• Options

Its the Wix 5 - near Harwich in Essex.  very fast - a pb course but given that my PB is 27.33 I may have trouble getting anywhere near it!!! LOL

• Options

That's a great PB mate

Be good to see how you get on - good luck

• Options

27:33 and I wasn't even close to the front when I ran that, my mate ran 25 something and just about scrapped into the top 20 - I remember the race well, Rob Denmark ran around 22:30 serioulsy quick!!! Things have changed massively now!!!   When I see race results  I get so frustrated I could have won a lot of races had I been runnng at that level now - Oh well can't turn the clock back.

• Options

That's true Grendel

Not at your level or anywhere near but I get frustrated that if I took things even a tad more seriously and actually put the miles in I could have got a sub 3:30 marathon (again the wife doesn't like me running and couldn't get out in the evenings so midweek was confined to an hour at lunchtime)

Now will settle for a sub 2 half next March !!

• Options

Good luck with the race on Sunday Grendel!

Happy running everyone..

As for me i'm still uncomfortable walking long distances atm let along running..but I do feel like the pain is easing in my back so hopefully give it another week and I might be able to slow run round the block?

• Options

Thanks Lisa, hope you continue to make a steady recovery, how's hubby?

Rest day today - it really does not feel natural but will do a short jog tomorrow - how far depends on whether other half leavesa her bike at work again for me to collect - so it'll either be a 3 mile run and a bike ride or a 2 mile jog.

Will report back on Sunday if it goes OK, you can read my obituaries on Facebook if it doesn't!!!!

• Options

His neck and wrist is still hurting but he is moving about more now and has started driving again so hopefully he'll be on the mend soon too! Thanks for asking.

• Options
    Hi lisa, good to here you and family are getting betterimage

3.39 mile this morningimage
  • Options

Quit here this week seems theres a few people injured

I have been feeling a knock since last Saturday so haven't been out. As you know normally do 8 Sat but may get out for 5 later

• Options

Two miles very easy jog - all done and ready then an easy week (maybe do the Barking Park Parkrun net Saturday morning as I am in the area, and it is on the route of the Barking Park 5K - the race I co-organised for 15 years!!!

• Options

Hi all, apologies for absence. Illness and other sports plus having to do school runs in between work as my wife was ill have set me back the last 7 days. Running has taken a back seat. Had a sore(ish) knee after my 5k last Friday, maybe pushed a little too hard when I maybe wasn't ready to but done plenty of cycling to and from work to keep me fit this last week and lost 3 1/2 lbs despite not running although I have definitely been a little more careful with the snacking! Off out for a run this morning sometime (there may be a little disagreement as to who is going first as we are both fit and well now). Be back with a short report later. 

• Options
    Why not just run together or is that not possible?
  • Options

JR - Good to see you back. Have been in same boat not been out since last Saturday, but back tomorrow

Looking forward to seeing how Grendel got on today

• Options

Well I am back from my holiday.....really had a good time but very strange not having any internet....

Good luck today Grendel looking forward to hearing all about it.

Hope everyone else is now feeling a bit better and planning some running this week.

I have enjoyed running along by the sea, not much in the way of paths just sandy tracks which made my already slow running even slower but much more enjoyable looking at the sea and wind farm and Friday's run I was accompanied by a seal swimming along keeping pace with me, I have a sneaky suspicion that he could of done the distance much faster than meimage That was a first for me I have only ever seen seals in the zoo so a real joy and one I would of missed if it hadn't been for learning to run......managed to run three times while away so that completed my week 3 of C25k and sessions 1 & 2 of week 4. Went to the gym this morning & did the last session to finish off week 4 so feeling pretty happy with my progress.

Well that's about it from me happy running everyone 

October - 33.88