Options

Two stone off!

Comments

• Options
    Welcome back Mr F..... 100 miler, that's incredible stuff, where is it? If I remember correctly there was a Coventry city connection wasn't there? Good luck anyway and hope you can shift those few pounds. A few of us have hit the 2 stone mark, so we've kept it going in your absence...
  • Options
    BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Nice one Mr F! I'm terrified at the prospect of my first 26.2 and your going for 100! Inspiring man.

First day of Jantasic tomorrow. I'm ready to go with an 8 miler!! Rock on m/.

Sorry about that.

Happy New Year folks.
  • Options

Hope so Andy, my calfs were so tight! Did you manage to get out for your 8?

Ready to run tomorrow, have altered my Jantastic runs down to 3, have to be realistic, and although would love to do 4, Im only managing 1 or 2 a week building back up so 3 will be pushing myself for the time being. 

Mr F, wow!!

BoDuke, you will be fine! You might lose some toenails though! Mine is just growing back!

Happy New Year to you all 

Lisa

x

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the welcome! 100 sounds a lot, and it certainly is but here is tonne be a heck of a lot if walking so not so superhuman admit sounds!
    Andy, your right about the sky blues. Il be there later hoping for a.much needed 3 points at the ricoh.
    Already feeling a bit trimmer after Christmas by only snacking on apricots, seeds etc, cutting out all alcohol, tea coffee and soft drinks etc and drinking mainly green tea and water. A bit dull but very effective! So how have people fared with weightlpss since I was last here? And big losses to report?
  • Options

Wish I had your will power Mr F, I will be avoiding the scales this week! image 

Mexican night with my sisters tribe planned tonight, with a small g&t, bubbly for 12, roast tomorrow lunch then run early evening. 

• Options
    Just put a new battery in the scales after about 3 months of them not working. I appear to be half a stone heavier and I thought I was going downimage(

Just off for a quick half I think....

• Options
    BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    If its any consolation, I've put on three pounds since the start of the Christmas break... Bugger...

Back to counting the calories again. Tomorrow...
  • Options
    11 miles, ow that hurt, used up a pound and a quarter though! Yay!
  • Options
    Well done Dustboy, 8 1/2 this morning, felt ok too.... Weighed myself yesterday and hadn't put anything on over Christmas so that's good. Will be setting a new target for myself tomorrow, probably a final 10lbs before Manchester would be a good weight.

Quiet night tonight. Hope to have an hour at the gym tomorrow either before or after lunch with inlaws.

Off the bottom MrF? And yes I think 3 of us have hit the 2 stone mark, Grant and Dan got there first, so it's gone well.

Hope everyone has a good night!
  • Options
    Is it a mission accomplished thread or can we still join with the original aim?
  • Options
    Happy New Year everyone!

Hi savi, you're more than welcome to join, more views and people to motivate us will always help. Are you training for a particular event?
  • Options

Thanks Andy.

I am training for the york Brass Monkey at the moment - ultimate aim is ~GNR. Never done a half before though so Jan one is more of a test the water. I am slow though.

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Happy new year all, and good luck with your targets savi! Low key nye for me, quiet night in as called into work early doors on new years day so no danger of a boost night! A couple of cheeky glasses of pink bubbly stuff but that was the lot! Struggling to find time to train effectively at the minute so shifting the pounds is made that little trickier.

Oh savi, there's nothing wrong with being slow. I'm not build for speed either! image
  • Options
    Good stuff savi, and as MrF says don't worry about being slow... Most of us on here arent speedy. Keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Anyway I know it's a bit of a miserable few days with people returning to work etc, but don't forget to update Jantastic with your runs, it's very easy..... Would be good to see us climb the leader board.

Did my short run today, just nervously washing my running shoes after ploughing through 8 miles of mud the other day. Hope they don't come out the other end the perfect size for my 3 year old....
  • Options

Happy New Year!!

Hello Savi, speed records I will not beat, but finish I will!!  Good luck with your training.

Ran new years day, & have a club run tonight, don't fancy it in this rain & wind tho image

Andy lol, how did they come out? 

• Options
    Like new! Halo sportswash, highly recommended.

Did you manage to get out in the bad weather RFM? No run for me today although was hoping for an hour at the gym, but just ran out of time. Set myself a target for a final 10lbs weight loss between now and the marathon.

Havent heard from Dan or a while, how's the heel?
  • Options

Good news!

I did get out a it was a fab run, only 3.4m but more than I have been running, and it felt good! image  Was a bit windy but the rain had stopped! Yay! But did step in dog poo image  

Well done Andy, you will do it!  Did Grant reach his target?

• Options
    4 miles NYD and 5 tonight. Dropped 1lb over the festive so quite happy. Runs logged forthe team on Jantastic and hope we can keep it togethher. Go team!
  • Options
    I'm back! Heel now diagnosed by the physio as the very early signs of plantar fasciitis, but apparently readily curable. Don't even need to stop running: just ice and stretch after runs, and in a couple of weeks we'll start transforming me into a mid-foot striker. Apparently my calves and hamstrings are really tight, and this is putting strain on the plantar. So, at least I know what to do, and apparently it will make me faster! Even managed a quick 4 mile on the treadmill to open my Jantastic account (that counts doesn't it?).

Happy New Year everyone, BTW.
  • Options
    All miles are good miles in January Dan....keep 'em comingimage
  • Options
    Treadmills definitely count Dan, especially in January when a run is a run and good to hear that the physios so positive. Great work Tinsel in being so restrained over Christmas, and whilst we haven't heard from Grant in a while, RFM, he'd got to at least 3 stone possibly 4. Can't remember what his exact target was though...

Been to the physio myself tonight, just after a quick 3 miles, all fine except for her 25% price rise from next week.

Will log my run on Jantastic now..

• Options
    Bit excited as looks like I'm definitely under 13 stone for first time in over a year. Only another 18lbs to go! "miles on dreadmill tonight and an hour of tae kwon do. Felling better for increased exercise and reduced alcofrol although weekend's looking good for a small liquid relapseimage
  • Options
    hi i want to lose at least 1 stone to start off with! 5ft 6, and around 11 stone, started my plan yesterday and eathing healthy, trying to make sure I eat sensibly in prep for marathon but also lose weight,,,any advice? i am staying away from bread well maybe once a week, and eat wholewheat pasta and lots of fruit n veg, no processed foods...
  • Options

Well I eventualy got on the scales unfortunately just over 13 stone only by half a pound but peeved as I always said I would never see 13 again. Silly me! Definitely need to sort my food out.

Did you all just cut back or follow diets? I have to say I struggle sometimes when cutting back as I feel like I don't have much energy for running.

• Options
    cut back on the rubbish, but I think eat as much fruit and veg as you like, i always see people on the forum saying though if you are eating more than running then you will not lose the weight, its getting the balance right, so if you go for along run, yes of course have a good hearty meal but with protein and carbs, but if you are not doing a run that day, have a lighter meal, common sense really, i just have to practise what i preach.
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Sound advice runner32. It's all pretty common sense I guess, its just how much willpower you have!! Where and when is your marathon?

Unhealthy day today celebrating my 33rd b'day. There's gonna be an Indian takeaway, net and a bit of cake! However, I ran 18m yesterday, 10 today and planning on another decent distance run in the morning so I don't feel too guilty.
  • Options
    Hi Folks,
    Joining in if I may. Alerted to this thread by a kindred runner on the never say never thread for Brighton. Recognise a few old monikers from last year. Must read back and see how you all doing. I have just got back into proper training after taking 5 months off running after last years marathon! Knackered Achilles and associated over use injuries. No running has equalled a stone of weight gained and I could have done with more off last year if I was really going to look like a marathoner. So 2 stone off for me too or as near as I can get beyond one and a half.
    From today I'm cutting out cakes, biscuits, pastry, crisps and bread. Upping the fruit and veg, cutting down on coffee and not overdoing the salad dressings. Other thing I find really helps is getting enough sleep, definitely stops the tired eating.
    Looking forward to a shrinking me and you!
  • Options
    Hi guys can i join in?? (please)
    Truth be told I only started running 5 years ago cos someone said runners always have lovely long slim legs. THEY LIED!
    My chunky legs may be due more to the intake of biscuits and chocolate despite the running and it'll be great to have a thread to turn to every time I think to myself well I had a run today I deserve it.

So with inspiration from you all I shall be cutting out all crap and eating fruit when I want something sweet and logging on to see how everyones doing.

There's just 14 weeks till Brighton and I'm determined not to wobble over the finish line. 15lbs off here we come!!!
  • Options
    Hello Forty and Sarah, you are of course most welcome to join.

Forty your story sounds very familiar as i put on over a stone after doing London 18 months ago and then getting achilles injuries. Thankfully with the support of this thread i've lost the stone and another one on top. Do you have any comeback races planned?

Sarah, we have other Brighton marathoners on here so you're in good company, 15lbs sounds doable, is it your 1st marathon? And long slim legs are probably overrated anyway...

So a busy work week for me not helped by a Friday afternoon meeting in London, so it was a late return home. Just weighed myself and I'm at my pre-Xmas weight which isn't too bad, so 10lbs still to go. 9 miles for me late this afternoon, will have a look at the a Jantastic table shortly!

• Options
    I think we've done fairly well on Jantastic, but we've slipped on the leaderboard slightly so hopefully more runs will be logged this weekend. Enjoy it everyone.