Options

Two stone off!

Comments

• Options
    Nice one BoDuke - sounds like a great experience.

Snow knocked my long run on the head: might have to do it Monday or Tuesday evening instead, assuming the forecast is right (rain tonight, pleeeeeeeaaase.) You're right Andy: not worth the risk.
  • Options
    My idea of a long run was a mere 8 miles today and it took pver 90 mins..aaaarrrrgh. Knee op last year and this is the start of the recovery but two spring maras seems almost impossible on today's effort. Still, every pound lost is 2 secs a mile faster without doing anything so two stone is almost a minute a mile...it's a start. Nice to have a Jantastic rival but unless one other signs upo we're doomed not to participate. Come on guys, just one more and we've got a team. Suerely someone wants to be part of a very bespoke, perfectly formed and interesting group in 2012image
  • Options

Well done BoDuke!

Andy, pleased it went well image

3 miles this morning.  Got shoes checked out this week, it's not them, so it is me! Advised to start slowly back to build up, so don't get those shin splints again!

No snow here, except for a couple of showers that didn't settle, very frosty this morning. 

• Options
    Who is going to give team two stone off a Christmas pressie by signing up as the sixth of a unique bunch? How long have we got left to recruit? Jumped on the scales today and lost another 2.5lb last week.....only 22 to go! This running lark really helpsimage
  • Options
    So it looks like I am the sixth member. Hello!

I saw the message on facebook and thought I'd join in. I've had a bit of a skim through the last few pages, but hadn't been on here before now.

I will be running Brighton in April, I did London this year and took up running about 18 months ago. I'm still pretty slow, but I like going out for a bit of a plod and a nose in peoples gardens as I go past!
  • Options

Did you sign up at:

http://www.marathontalk.com/challenges/spring_motivation.php

Look forward to seeing our team moving into the next section up? Welcome on board!!!!

• Options
    BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Tinsel: nice one for the 2.5lb loss. Great work there. Suprising how quick it comes off with running

Leanne: welcome! Great to have you on board.

We have a team!!!
  • Options
    Hello Leanne, welcome and great to have a newbie poster on board. Dont forget to register for Jantastic if you havent already done so. Well done Tinsel...

Did 6 miles on treadmill due to the impossible icy roads, its just not the same as being out there but better than nothing I guess. It's also very dull... Thankfully it looks like we have the rain and mild weather arriving Dan and as much as I like the snow, hope it continues to be warmish over Christmas and New Year - too much travelling and runs planned.

Still not 100% sure I understand the Jantastic rules, will have another look tonight.

• Options

Hello Leanne image

After 1st week of dieting properly & running again, I have lost 5lbs! Only 19 to go image

• Options
    Well done on the weight loss - I gained weight during the last two marathons. This time I will be trying to control my eating better to avoid this happening again!
  • Options
    BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Guys, I've got to recommend myfitnesspal.com massive database of foods, calories, nutrition etc. I use it to monitor everything I eat and my exercise. Helped me lose loads.

They've got a smart phone app too. Which makes it really easy.

Hi Emma, good to meet on Saturday. How's things going?
  • Options
    Rest day yesterday. Gym at lunchtime and hopefully a 4 miler tonight. Knee still tender from weekend so can't push too hard. Restrained day of munchies again yesterday and it's just going to get harder towards Christmas. Planning a run Christmas morning to justify the pigging out planned that night. Anyone else running that wonderful day?
  • Options
    BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    No mate, start my marathon training in Boxing Day... But maybe tempted...
  • Options
    Run for Christmas eve & Boxing day planned, but with 9 adults, 10 kids & a dog could be very tempted to run Christmas day! 
  • Options
    I would like to be running christmas day - it gets so stressy!
  • Options

Can't really leave the family on Christmas Day, so it will be Boxing Day for me. 18 miles, though, so the Christmas day calories should be a distant memory by the end of that.

16 weeks to Brighton on Christmas Day!

• Options
    Just back from 6 miler. OH having Christmas Eve/Morning with daughter and I'll be here with son so definitely out for a run Christmas morning. Might squeeze in a 12 with a pit stop at half-way for a beerimage
  • Options
    Boxing Day for me. Christmas Day is 19 weeks to Manchester, my formal schedule starts on Boxing Day and we'll be doing too much on Christmas Day.

Is everyone organised and ready? Just one day of work to go for me, planning to escape early and do a short run / gym session on the way home.
  • Options
    Hope everyone had la great Christmas Day and thaf Santa had a good stock of running pressies for everyone! Enjoy your runs Dan, RFM and BoDuke....
  • Options
    Unfortunately, appear to have picked up a slight injury: a bruised heel which is pretty painful after a run, but OK during it. Don't want to aggravate it, so I think it might be a week or so of bike rides and swimming.

Xmas pressies: got the Haruki Murakami book "What I talk about when I talk about Running" from my OH: seems like a good read - quite a 'literary read': reflections on running from a Japanese writer.

Andy: I'm marshalling the Manchester marathon (too soon after Brighton to consider doing it), so I'll look out for you!
  • Options
    BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    V strange today. Went really slow today as per me training plan. Man my glutes ache...

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and got good prezzies... Got a copy of Born to Run... Nice.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you've got a slight injury Dan, but you're right to rest for a few days and cross train. Followed the 1st day of my formal training plan, which was good, but mine also felt slow.

Good news about the marshalling, hopefully I can spot you as well.
  • Options
    Slight overindulgence Christmas day/night....out for a run at 09.30 Boxing day tho' and it was blinking tough but good for recovery. Did manage some Chrimboexercise and a beer at halfway, although did that on the bikes! Dan it's a great read. Got a headtorch from Santa. Really chuffed. Essential kit round these parts and OH managed to follow the linkything I sent her and got the exact one. How good is that? image
  • Options

Thanks Andy.

Ran today, felt rubbish and slow image

I must have been good this year as Santa got me a garmin, grid roller, shin sleeve sock thingys.  My running buddy got me a flashing light to go on my arm and I bought a funky bright pink hat!! None of which seemed to make me run better today!! Oh well, onwards & upwards!

Dan hope your heal is better very soon.

Hope you all had a good Christmas.

• Options
    Well done both for getting out, its always tough after so much relaxing and eating.

I was lucky too, my OH excelled herself by recommending running items to family as gifts for me, so I got a Long sleeve running top, some special headphone things, a running belt with 2 bottles and also a flashing light. Is it your 1st Garmin RFM?

Managed 5 miles today, back to work tomorrow, but have no intention of staying beyond about 3, and will call at the gym on the way home.
  • Options

Lucky you Andy image

Yes it is, I think I was distracted by it, normally I hit the stop watch on my phone and put it back pocket, till in the next street, to stop it.  But kept looking at the watch all the way round!  And it routed it shorter than gmaps image

• Options
    6.5 miles yesterday and day off to day. Flying out for New Year abroad and taking kit with me. Intend to run tomorrow and NYD (That's the plan anyway) managing to minimise munchies and looking forward to scale check on Tuesday next!
  • Options
    OUCH!!!!!! Sports massage today!! 
  • Options
    Good stuff and you'll be all loosened up for Jantastic....! You're right about using a Garmin for the 1st few times but you'll get used to it.

Where you off to Tinsel-Celt? Hopefully somewhere warm? Weather rubbish today and same for tomorrow, so have put all my running stuff out tonight so I can get out early for my scheduled 8 miles with no excuses. Rare footie match with OH in afternoon and quiet NYE for us,

Anyone have any NYE plans apart from holidaying Tinsel?

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Evening folks. I contributed tothis forum after its inception some months back and it was a really good source of encouragement whilst losing a few lbs. However, I now face 8 weeks until my first ever 100miler and Im in need of going that bit extra to save carrying any unwanted weight around the course! I dont need to lose 2 stone, but 1 would be ideal!image Intending to do this by keeping up my training miles but just being extra careful with what I eat and using some of the tricks that allowed me to lose some weight previously