Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options

Hello all, I'm back!  Did I miss much??

Been back since the weekend to be honest but have been running about like a headless chicken since then so haven't had a chance to pop in.  Did very little running and indeed very little anything on my hols but lots of lovely lying in the sun and eating nice food.  Have managed to do some actual running since being back, hill session on Monday (clearly autumn again now we're back on the hills, much to my delight!), special one off evening parkrun at Bramhall on Tuesday to launch new Adidas sponsorship (lovely course although hilly and very narrow for the 350+ runners so I was a minute down on usual 5km pace but did get a free t-shirt for my troubles) and then club run last night.  Shattered now!

Did spot your fundraising page though Cabbey so will pop over to add my tuppence worth (or maybe more if you're lucky!) 

• Options
    Morning all *yawn*
    Have a good weekend everyone... I'm off to Lyon in a short while... It's going to be 30 degrees.. Got my suncream image

• Options

hello all

Cabby - hope you have fun in Lyonimage

Becx - well done on all your training..sounds like hard work!

I was planning 10 miles this morning but not feeling well, hopefully will be okay tomorrow!

• Options

Wish you better soon Mad x

Cabbey, hope you're having fun

Congratulations Q image

• Options
     hi all, been a bit busy these last few days , i was in darlington when the baby was born, just got back. i'll sort some pics out as soon as i can and post them on FB  
  • Options

My longest ever run completed today image.  An 18mile lsr which was touch and go at times, but I managed it and more or less in the time I aimed for so that's that one crossed off the list!  20miles next weekend image

The pics are cute Q - you must be so proud image

I hope you were feeling better for your run today Mad?

I was feeling a bit jealous of Cabbey's weekend away...but an lsr in 30degrees?  She can keep that one!  image

You've been busy since you got back BecX!

Hi RP, Min, Mel and anyone else I might have missed *waves*

• Options
     well done the run pegg and for not giving up
  • Options
    Thanks  - I surprised myself!
  • Options

Congrats on the fab LSR Pegg - 20 miles will be nice and easy now, just take it nice and easy and think of the lovely taper to come!

Also congrats to Q on the arrival of the baby.  I think I missed if it's a little boy runner to be or a little girl runner to be?

Hope you had a lovely weekend in the sun Cabbey!

Had a fab day at Hellrunner today - attempt at linking to photos below - essentially vertical hills and bogs up to my chest!  Run as a team with my clubmates and we actually stayed together all the way round!  Only minor drawback was I went back over on my ankle again so I am now icing away!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.2412785480523.141819.1277853228&type=1

• Options
     it's a little girl runner bec, well done on the hell runner
  • Options

morning all

lovely girl there Q

well run Pegg image

Link don't work BecX

• Options

Morning everyone

Congratulations on the new arrival Q... pics are lovely on FB

Pegg... you STAR... well done. That's it now... once you can do 18 miles you can do a marathon. 20 miles next week will be fine and then thats's all the hard work done!

Morning Min... good weekend?

Well done on the Hellrunner Becx... crazy lady! image

Thanks everyone, I had an absolutely fabulous weekend. I'll probably blog about it at some point today

• Options

Loving the new name Grandad

• Options

Hello all

Q - great name change...the pics on FB are lovely!

Pegg - well done on your 18 miles...amazing achievement!

I did get out yesterday morning, was aiming for 10 miles but only managed 9! Ran out of steam and was exhausted! Can't believe I have run three marathons!

• Options

well done on the run mad it will come back soon

i've got some more pics to upload including a 4 generation one once i get the laptop out

• Options

What this I go away for a wee weekend to Fort william and Q becomes a a grandad, well done and send my regards to your daughter!  xxx

Pegg 18 miles eh, a big opat on the back.

Becx is that Bramhall, cheshire?,if it is I know the area well!

Cabbey I bet your few days in Lyon where a lot drier than my few days up north!

• Options

morning all

ran 3 miles this morning was meant to be 6 but gave up at 3, a case of cba. struggling to sleep with the shoulder aching during the night

• Options

Hello all

Q - hope your shoulder improves soon...love the new pic!

I did 5 miles and got drenched this morning...showered and changed...got drenched again walking back to workimage Only just drying off now!

• Options

AAAArrrrggghhhhhhhh..... image

Thanks... feel better now!

• Options

Ouch BecX - I hope your ankle is back to normal soon.  Well done on the race!

Good running Mad - hopefully you've dried out now?  And you RP!

Sorry to hear your shoulder isn't right yet Grandad Q. 

Cabbey??!!  You ok?

Thanks all for the nice comments - 20m next weekend but no tapering just yet BecX!  18 the following weekend then 20 THEN 8 then the mara.  Nearly there.  I didn't run tonight though - my legs completely seized up around lunchtime and I struggled to get down the stairs at work!  I had a soak in the bath when I got in and I'll rub some cream in before bed.  Fingers crossed they'll be ok tomorrow, as I need to walk in heels!!  image

• Options
    Morning all.
    Excuse the outburst yesterday. Was having a bad day!
    Pegg I would go down to 15 or 16 miles the week after the 20 if I was you... You don't want to burn out. Is your programme like this because you had to shuffle stuff around your injury a couple if weeks ago?

I made a huge life changing decision on Saturday and became vegetarian (I won't go into why as I don't want to be pushing new found knowledge onto others). I was eating fish and then realised that was out too but have been pleasantly surprised to find my torq gels are even suitable for vegans so I'm well chuffed.
    I had a "pretendy" chicken casserole last night and it was lovely image

• Options
    Lol... I've just thought Min, I'll really get ribbed from Mr T for not eating owt now won't I? He he image
  • Options
    Cabbey wrote (see)
      I made a huge life changing decision on Saturday and became vegetarian (I won't go into why as I don't want to be pushing new found knowledge onto others). I was eating fish and then realised that was out too but have been pleasantly surprised to find my torq gels are even suitable for vegans so I'm well chuffed. I had a "pretendy" chicken casserole last night and it was lovely image
    imageSome vegetarians eat fish. Is there such a thing as Junkarian, if there is, then thats what I am. I'm having a serious relationship with the biscuit barrelimage
  • Options
    if it wasn't for my neighbour given me a bag of veg every few days, thenim sure I would be on that fat/thin diet programme. I could seriously fill the tube with bland one colour yuckimage
  • Options
    Lol RP. It's quite amazing really as I will be inadvertantly cutting out all the rubbish. Ive been reading up on what I can and can't have and am rather surprised. Some good surprises and some bad ones!
    I know quite a few vegetarians who eat fish but I'm not going to because of what I've read. On the plus side though I should be very healthy image
  • Options
    Does that mean no Alcohol as well?
  • Options

Cabbey - your decision surprises me, but all the best with it.  I've been veggie and vegan for long periods for various different reasons but I do eat meat now.  Just not much of it and not often.

Re my lsr mileages (20, 18, 20, 8, mara), when I missed the 16miler because of my knee I was shuffling them around and then someone (I think it was you Cabbey?) suggested the 18, 20, 18, 20, 8, mara so that's what I was going with...  could everyone post what they think I should do please and I'll go with the most popular vote!  Thanks.

LOL re your biscuit barrel frenzy RP!  You certainly don't look like you live off biscuits!

• Options
    Does it hell... There's nee beef in Shiraz image
  • Options
    Ooh, cross post there Pegg. My apologies on recommending 18, 20, 18, 20... I must have had too much Shiraz image I'd do 18, 20, 15, 20, 8

As for being surprised, you're the first one to say that. Everyone so far has said they are surprised I haven't given it up before now because of how soft I am when it comes to animals. I think I just chose not to look into it before as I knew it would have a profound effect... I'm too soppy for my own good!