Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options
    Do you know what... Your post made me look at wine RP. Turns out a lot have gelatine from sinues/connective tissues etc but not the red wines I'd drink. Phew! Mind boggling

And we are safe Min... Champagne is ok too image
  • Options
    Oh.... Go on then....
    Connect 4 image
  • Options

Hello!  Have some piccies from Sunday which work now:

http://www.randrphotos.co.uk/event-photos.php

You'll need to select Hell up North Sunday and then I'm number 1833 and apparently the photographer's darling as there are plenty of shots - I look far too happy!  Ankle's feeling better now thanks but is an interesting shade of blue!  Same one I did a few weeks back so being very careful with it now!

Love the name change and the photo Q, many congratualtions on the gorgeous new family member!

Just to throw a different perspective in on long runs Pegg I'd probably go for 18, 20, 20, 15, 8 as I like to have a proper taper.  Jury's out on whether it really helps and Cabbey has way more marathon experience than me so I defer to her greater knowledge on this one!

RP - yes it was Bramhall, Cheshire.  I am a Cheshire lady (well Cheshire/ sometimes Manchester!)  Not run there before and it was lovely.

Interesting to hear you've gone veggie Cabbey.  I was born and raised in farming country so have always been fairly comfortable with the idea of eating animals but I always try to buy local and free range.  So long as wine and champagne aren't off the menu all should be fine!

• Options

is anyone there

this isnt my office

what a shit year of running were having

oh well

• Options
    You know what.... A 3 week taper is probably a good idea too, although I wouldn't do two 20s together ... How bout 20, 12, 8 for last 3 weeks. Lol at me being experienced though Bec... I wish I was!!! I'll have a look at your pics later when I'm on a proper computer.

Hi Mick and Phil. Sorry to hear about your year of running. The first 5 months were like that for me too. Hope things improve soon for you P
  • Options

i'll leave the advice to you marathon runners you know more than me image

hoping to get a run in sometime today

high mick and phil sorry you've had a bad year, mine started up ok but has tailed off in the last 2 month

• Options

Marathon running, what marathon running? I think im gonna be shuffling, so for moi it is officially' the Amsterdam 26 mile shuffle'

I just wish I could do this all the way round, then it would give the Cloggies something to talk about

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8

• Options

morning everyone

that would be fun RP, if you could keep it up all the way round

• Options

*sneaks onto thread* 

Evening all, sorry not been around, but haven't been running much image (having too much fun over the summer hols with the Berries image and then got caught up the the back to school stuff and getting back into a "normal" routine)  But I'm back at it tomorrow (or Tuesday at the very latest!!!) and there can be no excuses now as I've entered my "personal challenge" event and I have a couple of other events in the planning - to keep me going.

I have lurked a few times, to see what you're all up to, and see that Q has become a grandad - many congratulations to your family.

*sneaks back out of thread*

• Options

wooohooo sberry *waves frantically* welcome back and big image for your personal challenge!

morning all.  i have a wee trip to the police station planned this morning to report a stalker that odie and i appear to have picked up over the last few weeks image

• Options

Morning Min, it's great to be back, I've missed you all.  Hope that you get things sorted at the police station, hope that they can do something for you both (())

Just waiting for the window man to finish putting our new door and window in and then I'm heading out for a swim...... drums fingers impatiently.......

• Options
    thanks for the (()) but they're not necessary - it's just a wierdo who might be totally innocent but according to a copper friend of mine, he reckons not and says that he should be reported as a matter of record.
  • Options

Oh dear Min image

Hi S'berry, so have you entered the race yet? How exciting image

I have calf ache image It's forcing me to go for a sports massage *scared*

• Options

Cabbey, you don't think this cramp malarkey is due to change of diet, do you?

Got to the cop station this morning but it had a very stationary queue so I rang the non-urgent police number (saw it on a poster in the station - who knew it existed?!) and got all the details recorded.  And because I now have an incident number, my copper mate can keep an eye on what's occurring and jivy them up if nothing happens.  Apparently, there is "interest" in this particular car image

• Options

I think that's quite scarey Min image Hope he doesn't bother you anymore

I've had really bad cramp in my calves for a few weeks now, and we have been going through a process of illimination.... it isn't dehydration, it isn't a general lack of electrolytes, it isn't fatigue... it may be lack of stretching which I'm terrible for, and it may be lack of magnesium (which is one of the electrolytes) which I'm also trying. Calf is so sore today, but apparently that's normal after having such bad cramp. I honestly don't ever want to get that again... mega painful

• Options

hi all first time on the comp today

welcome back s'berry, good luck with your personnel challenge

a bit scary min

back to running tomorrow having missed the weekend runs

• Options

Hi S'berry

Min we have a resident flasher, not seen him yet but if I do I plan to laugh very loudly and take a piccy, that hopefully will cure him!!! (on a serious note, take care at least your out together)

Cabbey have some of these (((())))

well I survived another triathlon yesterday, I knocked 5 mins of my time from the last time I did the event, so I am rather smug at the moment considering how unfit and fat I feel! (i reckon it is my new fab triathlon bike)

Moley also did very well, first time an' all, he's hooked

• Options

Hi all.

Very scary Min, hope you get it sorted.  I think I had to call the non-urgent police number when someone stole my blackberry - only needed a crime number for the insurance!

Have some ((())) for the sore calves Cabbey.  I find quinine works well for cramp (no idea why!)

Congrats on the tri time RP - enjoy some well earned smugness.

Waves to Q and S'Berry!

I was GNR'ing this weekend.  Just managed to scrape a PB despite finding it really hard work - I shall now attempt to tell the story of my race via my comedy mile splits - bear in mind I was supposed to be aiming for 8.15 minute miles:

Mile 1 - 7:43 - High fived Mo at the start got a bit giddy and set off way too quick!
    Mile 2 - 7:17 - Attempting to slow down I actually sped up... think my Garmin had a moment actually as I'm not sure I could manage this pace in a mile race!
    Mile 3 - 8:02 - Starting to slow down finally (but still too quick).
    Mile 4 - 8:11 - Much better pace.
    Mile 5 - 8:36 - Still slowing down apparently even though I wasn't supposed to be.  Largely due to the fact I seemed to be going uphill all the way.
    Mile 6 - 8:08  - I missed this and mile 7 when my Garmin beeped and failed to realise I was back on pace - in my mind I was running too slowly still and couldn't do anything about it, the sun had come out and I was regretting my early speed!
    Mile 7 - 8:06 - See mile 6.
    Mile 8 - 8:20 - Climbing again and getting very warm - ran through the in race showers and got a quick soaking from a guy with a garden hose stood on a bus stop!
    Mile 9 - 8:54 - Mini in race melt down - thought I'd missed the 8.5 mile water stop and literally nearly burst into tears - wonderful moment when I spotted the water station but I had to walk a few paces to gather myself.
    Mile 10 - 8:37 - Onto the John Reid Road, gradual climb up to 12 miles hence the less than impressive pace.  On the plus side it did start to rain!
    Mile 11 - 8:49 - More of mile 10.
    Mile 12 - 8:40 - More again, nice boost when someone from the crowd read my name off my race number and gave me a personal shout out. 
    Mile 13 - 8:04 - Sharp drop onto the coast for the last mile and a bit.  Frantic mental calculations told me I was just about on for a PB if I got my head down and got on with it.
    Last little bit - 2:15 (7:55/m) - fairly rubbish attempt at a sprint finish!

Final result - 1 hour 49 minutes 20 seconds (a one minute 10 second PB) average pace according to the Garmin was actually 8.15 minute miles.  So exactly as planned, just didn't manage to be quite as consistent as I'd hoped!  

• Options

wow BecX - fab running although I did lol at "less than impressive pace" @ mile 10 - I dream of that sort of speed!

and well done RP on your peebee too image

I had a most peculiar run last night - was supposed to be 10 miles, got to about 6½ and a lovely slow sad song came on the ipod and without realising it, i slowed to a walk to  listen to it (and nearly cry!) but then I had a great disco song so ran a bit but then it was another slowie so 2 miles became a run/walk so in the end I rang mr t to pick me up otherwise I'd have been crying all the way home!!!  But I totally enjoyed it image

• Options

great run bec and congratulations on your PB

well done on your PB RP

well done on your run min even if it was wierd one

ran 4 miles this morning

• Options

Morning all

Congrats RP on your PB

Well done Min for your run, walk, run, walk, run

Cabbey I hope that your calf is feeling better today and that you find out what it causing the cramp

Bec congrats on your PB.  Those paces are what my dreams dream about!!!

Q - well done on your run.

You might want to sit down for this bit......... but I actually ran today!!! Yes I know I'm in shock to, but I set off before my body could work out what was happening.  Only 2 miles, but better than nothing.  Unlike yesterday where I ended up doing nothing, not that I didn't try.  The window man took longer than I thought, so that was the swim cancelled, so I thought I would jump on my bike instead and did a to go a massive 0.24miles!!! Well I didn't want to over do it on the first day!!! Ended up only going round the block as I noticed that I had two flat tyres and no time to find the pump and faff around.

• Options
     well done on your run s'berry
  • Options

Well done on the run S'berry... that's it now, you're back in the saddle.... so to speak image

lol at the run Min... esp enjoying having a good cry. Sometimes it does you the world of good. I blubbed for nearly 5 hours the other night on and off (nothing bad happened... just something I heard that made me sad)... felt loads better afterwards.

Well done RP... 5 mins off is well good.

Becx your race sounds great, well done on such a speedy outcome.

Well done on the 4 miles Q

My calf is good today... in fact it's so good that had I not booked a physio appoint I would certainly have ran today. I have a feeling that post appoint I may not be feeling the same way. I bought some supplements today (stuff I can't get out of food these days), had my pill injection last night and have just posted everything off for the Idian visa... so it's all good! image

• Options

well done sberry

and good news re that calf cabbey - always good to get it checked anyway!

just had the coppers on the phone - one's coming around to the house in the morning!

• Options

morning all

good news about your calf cabbey

hope they can do something min

• Options

hello all

Morning Q!

Cabby - good news about your calf, hope it isn't too bad after physio!I did 5.5

Min - sounds like the coppers are taking this seriously..be careful out there!

I did 5.5 miles this morning, having not run much in the last couple of weeks! Still hope to manage the local 10K on Sunday, not sure about the HM in 3 weeks though!

• Options

Nice one Mad - how is the PF?

Had a very nice pc here this morning - he's going to send the boys around to have "words" with this wierdo.  He did tell me a funny story about a female runner from up the road who reported someone following her in his car very slowly.  When they sent someone round to have words, he turned out to be an 85 year old with a few marbles missing who had just gone out for a drive but was frightened of going too fast so was taking it slowly and didn't even realise he'd been following a runner !  Me thinks they should have taken his licence away!

• Options

LOL Min!

The PF is still there, shorter runs are okay, but having trouble runing much more than 6 miles!

• Options
    Morning all

Mad, I've just read an article about a sock called The Strassburg (www.fitbrands.co.uk).
    It improves PF in an average if 18.5 days compared to the average of 58.6 days using other methods. It's £38

I have a couple of little bruises on my calves today. Can't believe I have to run on them tonight to "flush everything out" and I'm dreading a week today when I have to go back and have it all done again with the physio.
    I'm sure he quite enjoyed bring masochistic!
  • Options

Hello all

Cabbey - hope you have a good run tonight.  Do you have any idea yet what is causing the cramp?

MWW - well done on your run. 

Min - glad that something is being done.

Went swimming this morning.  Had to go and buy a new swimsuit first as mine was a bit too thread bare image  Anyway 30 lengths done and no complaining from my legs either image Looking forward to my run tomorrow