Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options

Apologies for my absence - took longer than expected to get back on here and not been on FB much either. Will catch up properly once things have improved a bit ..

We had to cut our holiday short last week because I developed a very sore and stiff left shoulder (plus neck pain). No idea how I hurt myself - I don't recall wrenching my shoulder while out walking but I was in pain from Wed onwards and the bed and chairs at the b&b were uncomfortable. I needed my home comforts so we came home early. I tried going for a run on Sunday to loosen things up but it didn't help or improve things. The paracetamol and ibuprofen weren't helping so I saw my doctor on Monday and had an x-ray (he thinks I might have a trapped nerve as well). I'm now on anti-inflammatories and strong painkillers and have been off work for the last 3 days .. they are helping so I'm going to attempt to work from home on Thu/Fri.

I was supposed to be doing the Cirencester 10k this Sunday but that's gone out of the window now - think it will be another week or so before I'm feeling up to doing any more running.

• Options
    Cabbey wrote (see)
    Morning all Mad, I've just read an article about a sock called The Strassburg (www.fitbrands.co.uk). It improves PF in an average if 18.5 days compared to the average of 58.6 days using other methods. It's £38

Cabbey I looked at them and thought 'nope know way', what if i spend all that money and it doesn't work! stretch,stretch and stretch all the way for me I think!

mel (((())))

I looked after Oscar yesterday (Moley's Lou's baby boy) so Lou can get back to running, he is sooo gorgeous, but it is nice to be able to give him back to mum. We have a weekly date set now, I just need to find some toys for him to play with, as Sasha had a hissy fit at me for giving Oscar his toy aeroplane.

No training so far this week, my lovely darling eldest son has shared his germs, I have a throat like Ghandi's slipper.Hopefully I will have my unsual daily 7.5 mile power walk followed by a 10 miler tomorrow.

Bec x that is a fab pb,

• Options

Cabby - I have looked at the Strassburg socks previously, but heared mixed reviews.

Mel - sorry to hear about your shoulder...hope you recover quickly.

RP - Hope you feel better soon! I think it is the lurgy season, two of mine have colds...I am trying hard to avoid them!

• Options

well done on the run mad

hope your run went well cabbey

well done on the swim s'berry

hope you're feeling better today RP

hope your shoulder gets better soon mel

• Options

i've got the lurgy too but of course Mr T has it far far worse - that bliddy manflu is a killer!!  It doesn't seem to have reached my chest yet so I'm attempting a run this morning.  Odie & I are changing our set off arrangements so it will be interesting to see if we see our stalker today - esp if the boys in blue have had words.

nice to see you again Mel, wish you a speedy recovery and you too RP!

Hope everyone else is as well as can be expected with the change in the weather - what happened to summer this year?!

• Options

Hope you had an uneventful run today Min and that your lurgy doesn't move to your chest

We have lovely blue skies over here with a bright yellow thing in the sky, which I'm told is called the sun!!

Healing vibes to Mel hope your shoulder is better soon

MWW hope that your two don't share their germs with you

RP hope your throat is feeling better today and you get out for your run.

Another little 2 miles done this morning - my legs were grumbling louder at the start, but soon quieten down

• Options

hope your run went well min

well done on your run this morning s'berry

ran 4 miles again this morning

• Options

New shooz have just arrived - and they've got pink bits image

Had a non-eventful run this morning.  Instead of Odie coming to me (we think wierdo drives past, sees her car then comes looking for us), I ran to hers (4½ miles), we did 10 together (she has to get a flight to South Africa this evening so not the best idea for her to run longer than that with me) and then I ran home again (i use the word "run" very loosely image).  Only one more lsr now before hamsterjam image - where has the time gone?

Nice one Sberry and Q too!

• Options
    Well done to everyone running.
    I have 2 biggies left before Amsterdam... This week is probably around 20 miles and next week is a big biggie run/walk in Scotland. We will do anything for a weekend away image
  • Options

well done on the run min, glad it was non eventful

good luck with your running cabbey

• Options
    Have a good weekend one and all image
  • Options

Thanks for the good wishes - shoulder still on the mend - worked from home yesterday and am back in the office today. Mostly okay with occasional 'ouchy' moments when I overdo things.

Although I won't be doing the Ciren 10K its only a mile from home so I'm hoping to get along there on Sunday morning to cheer on my clubmates.

• Options

Well I didn't get out yesterday but I did today, so 7.5 miles power walked then 14 mile run...ish, that will have to do. I have slipped with the enter key on the computer and have entered Mablethorpe half marathon..oops, I will do anything to get out a long run next weekimage

I hope everyones colds/coughs etc get better soon

• Options

good news on the shoulder mel

well done on the run RP

• Options

morning all

an easy 3 miles this morning

• Options

Hello all

Well done on your 3 miles Q!

No running for me today..going to do the 10K tomorrow!

• Options
     good luck on the 10k mad
  • Options

Evening all

Min glad you had an uneventful run.

Glad your shoulder is on the mend Mel - make sure you don't overdo it, although it sounds like your shoulder is making sure you don't!!!

Cabbey hope you had a good run.

MWW have a great 10k tomorrow

Well done on your easy 3 miles Q

RP in my books a HM is a long run image well done on the power walk and run

Had an unplanned rest day yesterday, but managed another 2 miles this morning.  Was hoping to do 2.5 but the top of left butt cheek was sore and didn't ease so I just kept to 2.  Would like to do 3 tomorrow, but I'll see how it goes.

• Options

well done on your run s'berry hope you manage your run today

ran 8 miles this morning

• Options
    Evening all image

Well done on getting back at it S'berry.
    Great running too Q
    Hope the 10K went well Mad.

I had to cut my run short at just under 12 miles but hey ho... Maybe my calves are going to take a few sessions to get sorted. Apart from that the rest if training had gone well since Friday and I'm feeling much better than I have for weeks so u suppose the only way is up.
    I've ordered a FORTUNEs worth of training gear image Can't wait for it all to come!
  • Options
    Oh, and well done on the 14 miles RP, and I hope you got to your race too Mel
  • Options

Well done Q on the 8 miles

Sorry to hear that you had to cut your run short Cabbey, hope that your calves get sorted quickly, but yeah for the rest of the training going well and feeling better.  Ooh new gear, I'm jealous

Managed 5k this afternoon and a bit quicker average pace to which was an added bonus image  Wore new shoes, not 100% convinced with them, but we'll see.

Hope you all have had a good weekend.

• Options

Cabby - well done..12 miles is good in my books!

RP - well done on the 14

s'berry - great that you are back out there!

Grandad - well done on your 8 miles!

My 10k was okay, but am comming down with the children's lurgy and felt rough from half way. Not a great time, 1.8.48, but not my worst ever either!

• Options
    morning all

still a good run cabbey

well done on your run s'berry

well done on your run mad, hope the lurgy goes away

• Options

Morning

I'm knackered... can't get used to this early morning running lark. Will it make me a better or worse runner if I persevere I wonder image.... still... nearly 6 miles done and out of the way. I fancy a Linda McCartney sausage sarnie now image

So the Amsterdam numbers are starting to arrive eh? Wonder if mine is at home yet!

• Options
    why are you doing early morning running cabbey?
  • Options
    My iyengar yoga classes start tonight and on a Wednesday I'm at the physio... just the two days to attempt to fit everything in without slacking off. I've slacked off mega loads lately, but thats been through feeling dodgey or feeling injured/sore with the calves. Now that I'm feeling better and with only 7 WEEKS to go to Bangalore *panics* I have to pick it up a bit!  On the plus side, people are saying how warm it's getting and I'm in jumpers and have the heating on full at home... so the heat training is working out well image
  • Options

Cabbey Im still in my postie shorts, which is suprising as it is nearly the end of Septimage im hoping it is going to be cooler in three weeks time.

Min sorry we missed you yesterday, West Pinchbeck was just not the same.

Mad well done on your 10k finish