Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options

morning grandad - how's Madison?

morning all *waves*

trip to the fizz for me tonight image

• Options
    madison's doing great min going to sort some more pics out soon, good luck at the fizz
  • Options

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say I'm here 'lurking' in the background and trying to keep up to date with what's going on - but I'm struggling to find time to post very often ..

I spoke to the doctor yesterday and the x-rays of my neck and left shoulder showed nothing other than normal wear and tear .. for an old chap like me! image The pills I've been prescribed (Naproxen) belong to a family of medecines called NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). Look it up on t'internet and you'll see a list of possible side-effects as long as your arm. Luckily, apart from some tingling in the arms, a tight-chested feeling and some excess wind image I've been okay. With the pills working well I've been finding I 'forget' about my shoulder - then do something that brings me back to reality.

I'm looking forward to finishing the pills on Sunday - hopefully any residual pain will be slight and the tight-chested feeling will go away and I can get out running again. However, the Billericay 10K is only about five weeks away. I'm really not sure how long it is going to take me to get back up to speed once I do start running and I think the idea of a sub-60 10K will be unlikely.

My running club (Running Somewhere Else) started a newbies group recently. I see from the website there are so many of us now, we've outgrown the bar where we usually meet (and where our name comes from) and will be congregating at a bar a few doors away instead. As long as we don't change our name to Running Relish Burger Bar I don't mind! image Also, the training nights have been swapped round from next week so Mon's will now be long(ish) runs and Wed's will be hills/intervals sessions.

• Options
     glad the pills worked mel, i had them but they didn't work for me hence i been treated by the fizz. you could treat the race as a fast training run. LOL at the new meeting place
  • Options

morning all

got an appointment with the fizz this morning

• Options

Morning

We all seem to be falling apart on this thread at the moment.  I'm also making an appointment to see the physio today.

Min and Q hope your visits weren't too painful

• Options
    I also am fizzing it tonight. What are we all like? Is anyone 100% fit? Becx? Sebby?
    On the plus side I got up at 4.55am today and did my weight training. Those lightbox things are great... It felt like 8am on a Saturday morning image
  • Options

Didn't get to fizz last night - got in car and it sounded f0cked and Mr T was out so couldn't use his.  Rearranged for this morning but Mr T leapt out of bed at 6.30 having forgotten that he had a meeting at 9 today so I now have to cycle over to the fizz and I have no idea how long it's going to take to get there!!

• Options
    Good training though Min image
  • Options

fizz went well this morning just had a look at my shoulder no poking and prodding today, i don't have to go back till november

hope all the fizz appointments go as well

well done onm the weight training cabbey  

• Options

I wish I was a physio!!!!

• Options

My new garmin has just arrived image I signed for it and then checked emails and I had one from Sweatshop saying it had just been delivered - how efficient is that!!! I only ordered it yesterday and when I checked the bank this morning they hadn't even taken the money yet!!!

And get this - 6½ miles to get to the fizz, 7.94 home again !!!

• Options
    Lol, did you get lost Min? Happy new garmin

Good news from your physio Q... Hope mine goes as well but I doubt it!!!
  • Options

Knew it was too good to be true - the garmin has history on it!!! I have been on to them toot sweet!

• Options
    HOW thick am I?

I think the calf issue has been resolved. Turns out I'm dehydrated and not drinking enough during the run either. Doh... But yay! Easily sorted ... Although I have to now restrict my caffeine intake... Boo hiss image
  • Options

Min thats carp

Cabbey yey to the physio appointment and the calf issue

• Options

blimey cabbey, i thought you had that all under control image; you live and learn and at least you've found out in time what the prob is. *note to self to drink more wet stuff*

off for my last lsr before hamsterjam image

• Options

just got my acceptance for VLM!

• Options

morning all

ran 5 miles this morning

good news with the calf problem cabbey

hope your run went well min

• Options
    yippee got my rejects fleece, triathlon 2012 all the way for me!!!!
  • Options

Hello all

Just got home....found an acceptance mag waiting for meimage You and me Min....anyone else?

• Options
    Evening all, reject mag for me too... But I'm very pleased about it as I have another plan in the offing image
    I have a decaffeinated headache image Tis hurting
  • Options

Evening all

Glad your calf issue has been resolved Cabbey

What happened on the way home Min?  good training though, hope that the physio session helpped though

Happy rejection RP, at least you'll have a warm fleece to wear after your triathlon

No post for me - but maybe that's because I never entered image

Well went to the physio this morning and she's confirmed PF (thought it was) she is positive about a quick recovery as she thinks I've caught it early.  So I was ultra sounded and strapped up and have to let her know how things are after the weekend, before deciding the next step. 

She thinks it's down to worn out trainers and not wearing supportive enough normal shoes.  So I'll be shoe shopping tomorrow, especially as I'm out tomorrow night and now have now shoes to wear.  She also thinks my orthotics are wearing out, but didn't want to change them today, as she was aware of the cost of everything, and that they might be perfectly fine once I have new shoes.

Any recommendations for running shoes gratefully received. Currently in Brooks, but am 2 versions behind the newest ones.  I have tried the ones inbetween, but I wasn't convinced with them.  Then again it might have been because my foot was niggly anyway.  I was thinking of Saucony?

• Options
    I'm rather scared to ask but what plans have you got brewing Cabbey?  Of course if you rather not say, then no worries.  (I know I've kept my mad plan very quiet, so understand) Hope you headache doesn't last long, don't drink tea or coffee so can't offer any advice to get rid of them.
  • Options

Hello!  Life's been a bit manic recently so just a very quick visit to say I'm still alive (just).

Hope everyone's OK and the injuries are in check!  I'll do a proper read back over the weekend assuming I get 5 minutes free time.  From a very brief read of this page only....

Rejects fleece for me as well today.  I had actually forgotten I'd even thrown my name in the ballott!  Planning on doing White Peak as a spring mara next year instead.  Well done to those who got in - sounds like those of us who didn't are all secretly pleased!

How's the head Cabbey?  I get headaches from caffeine - red bull is a big no no for me!

S'Berry - I love my Asics.  Think shoes are a very personal thing.  Once you find some that suit you tend to love them above all others and never want to change.

• Options
    Morning everyone image

S'berry... It'd just an idea at the moment as I don't know how my body and brain will feel about ultras after India, but I'm thinking of doing the Connemara ultra next year. It's supposed to be a lovely course and quite hilly.

Hi Becx... Glad to see you're ok, I noticed you hadn't been around for a while. Are you looking forward to Amsterdam? Im starting to now image

Well, I'm off to Bonnie Scotland tonight to do a 30 miler tomorrow. Does this mean I do my first ultra or do you have to do a race to say you've done your first ultra? Hmmmm... Anyhow... I'm still nervous although my calves feel ok for now. It will take us a long time as we are doing 5 run 5 walk (I'm under strict instructions to take it very very easy and stop for breaks if needed)

Still got a bloody headache! I'm having my only allowed caffeine dose for the day... It's like nectar image
  • Options

Hello all

Cabby - Connermara sounds amazing..but very hard work! Enjoy Scotland..and your 30 miler!

s'berry - I wear Brooks Adrenalines, I did try Saucony a year or so ago, but wen tback to Brooks.

Becx - pleased to see you back!

Morning Q!

Swim for me this morning, going to aim for 12 miles tomorrow and see how it goes!

• Options
    BecX wrote (see)

Rejects fleece for me as well today.  I had actually forgotten I'd even thrown my name in the ballott!  Planning on doing White Peak as a spring mara next year instead.  Well done to those who got in - sounds like those of us who didn't are all secretly pleased!

Bec you have a lovely marathon to do on the 1st of Julyimage

Cabbey wrote (see)

image Well, I'm off to Bonnie Scotland tonight to do a 30 miler tomorrow. Does this mean I do my first ultra or do you have to do a race to say you've done your first ultra? Hmmmm... Anyhow... I'm still nervous although my calves feel ok for now. It will take us a long time as we are doing 5 run 5 walk (I'm under strict instructions to take it very very easy and stop for breaks if needed) Still got a bloody headache! I'm having my only allowed caffeine dose for the day... It's like nectar image

imageimagemad, certifiable. Have a good weekend