Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options
    Well done on the training S'berry... Yes, yesterday was indeed the cortisone zapping day... I find out within the week if it's worked!

RP, When we cancelled India we seriously considered Budapest or Canada... Canada for Niagra Falls, Budapest for the crackimage Unfortunately Tags cracked his sternum in Muay Thai which put payed to both. We are considering Cayman Islands marathon in December if we are both healed in time! Any excuse for a holiday to be honestimage
  • Options

hope you get the diet sorted fred

well done on the boxing session s'berry, hope the hips are feeling better soon

hope you and tags get better soon cabbey good luck for the cayman islands

ran 4 miles this morning, everything still going well

• Options
    Morning

Cabbey hope that the zapping worked, and you are back running very soon. Healing vibes to you both {{{}}}

Well done Q good news that things are going well for you image

Well I managed 21k yesterday, so still on track, but I have two painful hips this morning image have to phone my physio, as a follow up from last week, so I'll see what she says.
  • Options
    Got everything crossed all is ok for you S'berry.

Well done on the comeback Q

My foot is a little numb today... Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm hoping good as its something I haven't really encountered with this injury so far.
  • Options

well done on the run s'berry hope the hips are feeling better today, and it's ggod news from the physio

hope the foot is feeling better today cabbey

another 3 miles tonight, a lot cooler out there

• Options
    Cabbey hope your foot continues to improve and not numb today.

Well done on your run Q

Still got sore hips, but have a physio appointment on Thursday. She did mention ITB with a possibility of a hip bursa. Oh well no point stressing (easier said than done!!) until I know what I'm dealing with.
  • Options
    I didn't want to mention bursitisS'berry as I'm not qualified to suggest it but it was my first thought at your symptoms. If it is you'll be able to conquer it. Acupuncture in the early stages works wonders. My receptionist has hip bursitis and is having a cortisone injection in hers as its been going on for a while undiagnosed.

My foot is definitely improving. My toe is very straight for the first time in months and the swelling has gone down significantly. If it continues to improve I get to run/walk next Saturday after 2 full weeks rest. Eek... I'm so excited at the possibility image
  • Options
    Great news about your foot image fingers crossed that it continues to improve image
  • Options

Hello all

Apologies for being absent! Things are still difficult with my middle daughter's health. I have a few weeks of work now..need the rest. My hubby has taken the other two to stay with his ister for the week...they are off to the olympic rowing tomorrow. I was gutted that E was not well enought o go but we will ttach on the TV!

Cabby - so pleased that your foot is improving..hope you and Tags continue to feel better...fingers crossed for Cyman Islandsimage

S'berry - I have had "hip" problems for years..in fact now have whole leg problems! I was told my hip pain is probablty ITB but also have sacro-illiac joint issues! Hope your is nothing too serious!

Hope to keep up with the thread a bit more in the next few weeks!

• Options

My new hip is now 6 weeks old and I have to say I've had no problems so far, very little pain and am well on the way to recovery. Not allowed to drive yet though, so I'm still off work until at least 19th August. Therapy exercises continuing.

On the down side, the Channel relay team didn't make it, they missed the tide 3km from France and didn't have a chance to come back. OH was really cold, practically hypothermic and the pilot told him he was NOT getting back into the water again. I was supposed to be crew for the team making hot drinks and such but 20 mins out of Dover I got very seasick and continued throwing up for the next 13 hours! Have never felt so ill.

• Options

We were totally shocked and sad returning from Dover to find that our lovely dog Oz had died two hours before we arrived. Nemo was completely stressed out. It has been hard. May seem callous but we have now got a new little pup, it's always been our policy to get another dog immediately to keep the older one company and give us a new life to take care of. This one is another White Shepherd, Charly vom Sonnengarten, 10 weeks old. He is keeping me very busy.

• Options
    image for Oz, and very sorry you didnt get to say goodbye image but image for new puppy.

Hi Mad, hope all is well with you and your daughters health improves
  • Options
    Evening all

Hippy 6th week BI sorry to hear about Oz

Hi MWW hope you have a nice relaxing couple of weeks image

I give up with my body!! Hips sore before boxing, but after another great session they feel ok?!? What's that all about?? Even hubby says they don't seem so swollen??

Oh well lets just see what the phsyio says tomorrow as yesterday they were far from ok when it even hurt to walk
  • Options
    Morning just back from the physio who has diagnosed hip bursitis in both hips. She zapped the right hip and have to go back on Wednesday. No running until Tuesday,can swim but not breaststroke.

Been given more stretches to do, at this rate I'll be stretching 24/7!!!!
  • Options

Charly  has just run past me for the umpteenth time today carrying one of John's size 47 shoes, which are really big for him to fetch. Little monkey also grabs moss out of my pot plants every time I take my eye off him. He is keeping me hopping. I did have to laugh last night when he scooted into the living room, saw Nemo, stopped dead and gave him a couple of yaps, as if to say "Not scared of you so there". Noticed both ears are up today, one was still floppy yesterday.

• Options

S'berry - I'm not allowed to swim breaststroke either, but I don't mind because I'm not good at it anyway. Hope the exercises help, I have loads to do.

• Options

Our new pup Charly has just pulled a lamp down from the window sill by its cord and the glass shade has been smashed to smithereens! Gotta get the hoover out again.

Although Nemo is only 5, I had forgotten what a handful a lively puppy can be! This one is into everything.

• Options
    Sounds like you have your hands full BI image

I had boxing this evening another great session image an hour on arms and abs, it will be a miracle if I can move my arms tomorrow and I have a feeling my abs are going to hurt too image

Hope everyone is well image
  • Options

Hi all, I'm home!! team Gb did well in Spain, we got a few medals. Jodie Swalllow unfortunately fell apart on the run, it was such a shame to watch. Chris Mccormack has returned to long tri with a bang, he was 6th in the bike and ran everyone down!

hugs ((())) to all the injured!

Cabbey I have high hopes of talking the OH into doing the Lanzarote 70.3 tri next year, which is October time instead of a marathon, i'm working on it very hard at the moment. a

• Options

a nice 5 mile run today

• Options

off to watch the triathlon on Tuesday, really excited!!!

• Options

Lucky you RP, I'm envious.

• Options

Now even better, meeting up with a load of friends when we get there image 

• Options

1st swim this morning in 2 weeks, the pool was a rediculous temperature ( hotter than a bath) someone left the heating on again. So a very slow 1.9km in 44 mins!

• Options
    Afternoon all image

Q you seem to have settled back well image

RP I'm so jealous have a great time tomorrow image I think someone keeps forgetting to turn our heating on our pool is cold!!

Went swimming yesterday and today. Only 60 lengths each day, slightly faster today than yesterday.

Have to go for a run tomorrow - very apprehensive about it!! Have everything crossed that my hips are ok so I can get back to full training for this challenge!
  • Options

enjoy the tri RP, well done on the swim

well done on your swim s'berry, good luck for your run tomorrow

went for a swim this afternoon, and was on the wii-fit tonight

• Options

Hello all

RP - very jealous! Well doen on hte very warm swim!

S'berry - well doen on yoru swimming too...hope the run goes well todayimage

Q - great to see you getting back into trinaing..hope the shoulder(s) are okay?

I did a 10 mile run on Sunday...nearly finished me off...very slow and walked loads! Yesterday I went for a swim which was lovely and this morning managed 4ish miles a bit faster! Also trying to do some shredding to improve my strength and tone...will take a long time I think!

• Options
    Good swimming and wii-fitting Q

Well done on the 10 miles and swim and run today. Have "fun" shreading image

Well my run wasn't 100% successful, but then again not the worst either. Hip made itself know around the 2.5k mark, nothing as bad as it was, but still wouldn't have liked to have gone any further (total run 6k). I'll just have to see what the physio says tomorrow.

Eeeeek just received my race details and start card for my challenge eeeeek
  • Options

Fantastic result in my event, the Olympic triathlon, the Brownlee brothers doing us proud with gold and bronze. Shame that the medal ceremony was delayed through Jonathan needing medical attention afterwards - the stands were half empty for the ceremony. Why didn't the organisers allow standing spectators in to take the empty places?

• Options

well done on the running and swimming MWW the shoulder's getting better although not as fast as i would like

well done on your run s'berry hope it goe's well tomorrow

i only saw a bit of the tri, what happened to jonathan i missed that bit

ran 3 mile tonight after a walk down the seafront with my wife,daughter and granddaughter