Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options
    Evening Q well done on your run and family walk image

Apparently Jonathan mounted his bike 2 cm early so got a 15 second penalty
  • Options

a bit harsh that, like V.P in the cycling

• Options

we had a fab day, we were situated at the front of the railings, 30m from the turn around point on the run, so got to see all the bike and all the run. The person that got the most cheers and applause on the day was Stuart Hayes, he did such a tremendous job! When the Brownlees passed us on the last run lap eveyone legged it to the big screen to see the finish. The place was packed! well worth the trip down but knxckered today.

S'berry you may have to just grit your teeth and go for it, sometimes the mind puts the pain barriers there when really it is fine, self preservation an all!

• Options

Q, it was a bit harsh but luckily the 15 seconds didn't affect the results. Jonathan played it perfectly, went into the penalty box on the 3rd round of 4 in the 10km to serve his time. He was already in 3rd place, didn't look able to catch Gomez in 2nd  who is a very fast runner, and he came out of the penalty box still in bronze medal position with a healthy lead over the French runners in 4th and 5th. So the penalty didn't really matter. A minor mistake in judgement, but all us triathletes are aware you can't mount the bike until you have passed the line, conversely you must dismount before crossing that line at the finish of the cycling bit. The pro rules are somewhat different, us "amateur" triathletes can't choose when and where to serve a time penalty, it has to be done at the next penalty box you come to. If you don't, it's a DQ.

• Options

thanks for that BI, i found it funny what was quoted on the TV this morning that jonny thought it was Alister who had got the pelanty until he looked at the number on his arm and realised it was him

• Options
    Was thinking of you RP whilst I was watching it at home and hoped that you got a good spot to watch it. My physio was over watching it at the weekend and she said that the atmosphere was amazing and had a great time and really enjoyed all the events that she saw image

She was also pleased with how my hips are, although she did soundwave it and ultrasounded the tender bit before cracking my SI joint, she seemed delighted to have made it crack image she would like me to do some Pilates, but that is going to have to wait until the Berries go back to school, apart from that she says that I am doing everything right

Boxing this evening was great, but boy was I knackered when it finished. RP have you been speaking to my trainer as he said the same, that I have to get my head sorted and it is going to hurt regardless whether I had this problem with my hips or not image
  • Options
    Yippee just run 8k painfree imageimage
  • Options

great news s'berryimage

• Options

Super, S'berry! I'm jealous, still limited to only swimming. Hopefully next Tuesday I will find out at my clinic follow-up when I'll be allowed to get back on my bike, although I already was told no running for 6 months. So that's around Christmas then? That'll be my Chrismas prezzie to myself, getting out for a short jog/walk.

• Options

hope you get good news on tuesday BI

3 miles tonight a bit warm out there

• Options

Reading the local rag I just found out there's a massive dog show this weekend not far from us (2000 dogs). May pop along Sunday morning to watch the White Shepherd judging, there's 21 dogs listed in the class. Normally males and females are judged separately, also split into long coat or short coat. Our new pup is supposed to be short coated, although at the moment he doesn't look it, if so he will be our 2nd, the last two were both long coat.

S'berry you must be over the moon at the success of women's boxing. I didn't expect to enjoy it but thought it was great.

• Options

BI have a good time, if you go.

S'berry yes it's a conspiracy!!! kidding aside the brain works in some funny ways!

I went to York yesterday to go on a baloon trip which we have been trying to go on for 2 years (it kept getting cancelled due to the weather) we thought great it's finally going ahead, wrong the wind was wrong!

I have be catching up on yesterdays sport and BMXing is a definate hit!

• Options

Hi all, sorry for missing  from last week.Hope everybody is running and keeping well !

Just away to finish work and chill till run tonight.

Going to miss the Olympics ! BBC doing a great job showing all the different sports !

• Options

hope you manage to get your balloon trip soon RP

hi fred agree with you re the bbc coverage especially liked the catch up programme with gabby late on, have a good run tonight

ran a nice 6 miles this morning

• Options

The dog show was very enjoyable and a great day's education for little Charly. We were very pleased with him, he wasn't worried about anything, loads of dogs big and small, a huge crowd of people, lots of things going on in the show rings, he was interested in everything and showed no sign of any nerves. At just 12 weeks old that is very encouraging. Next challenge will have to be lifts and revolving doors. Nemo is very unflappable too, as a pup he went to his first big triathlon the week after we got him and then shopping in the city the following week. Oz always had a problem with doors that slide apart when you approach.

• Options
    Evening all

RP the wind was wrong :-/ how can the wind be wrong? Hope you eventually get chance to go.

Q well done on your 6 miles

All sounding good with Charly BI image

Hope you had a good run Haggis image

I managed a long run, mainly pain free - just a couple of little niggles, but so much better than previous runs image
  • Options
    Well done q on 6 miler! I did a 8 miler,but there was a lot of stopping for a breather due to a headwind.

Rp - never mind one day you will get up in the balloon. I wouldn't be much use as I have no head for heights.

BI- super that the pups are not phased. Our mongrel is a super guard dog, but gets freaked out in car.

Works jogging tonight.rain just on & wind getting up.should be fun !image
  • Options
    Swimming with son after.
  • Options

i'm lost!  bring back the olympics

• Options

me too RP, didn't know what to do this morning, ended up going for a walk

• Options

Me too! Still being on sick leave, I now have nothing to fill my time with!

• Options

But not for much longer - had my post-op follow-up at the clinic today and I have been cleared to drive and to ride my bike again, hurrah!  Down side is I will have to return to work next Monday. I was told to make another check-up appt for a year after the op - apparently prosthetics are checked annually.

• Options
    Great news BI !

Bet u cannot wait !

Went swimming with wee lad last night also.felt good,but tired after.

I also missing the Olympics ! Such a good job by bbc, would give sky a run for their money !

Nice walk Q ? Go far ?

Harbour closed for now due to thick fog. You would think with all

The mod cons these days, moving boats in fog would be ok?
  • Options

My local ortho today said I can stay home another week as I've still got another 6 physio appointments to keep. I didn't say no!

• Options

BI some people get all the luck!, I have been back to work for 3 days after having 3 weeks holidayand I have had enough already and counting the days down till the next holiday!

Fred Your very lucky to live where you do the harbour is quite beautiful, I used to like sitting on the wall and watching the boats come and go and the beaches up there are to die for better than scanky Skegness. The down side, it's a tad cold up there!

• Options

RP - I would rather have had to work than undergo a major operation though!

• Options

oh yes I quite agree!

• Options

i quite like skegness but i only go there once or twice a year