Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options

one place I've never been to.

• Options
    grandad Q wrote (see)

i quite like skegness but i only go there once or twice a year

I only go once a year and if I can get out of that (x country on the beech, a real b*tch) i will!

I tried to persued my son that coming to the pool tonight for an aquathon was a good idea, as we could set him off with a 4 min head start and we could chase him! I can't repeat his answerimage so I went for a run and got drenched in the rain instead.

• Options

will be up that way next month, off to butlins

• Options

Hello all

RP - I can imagine the response from your son! Well done on the run in the rain!

I have not been able to run this week. Last weekend I had a really good 9 mile LSR, first time I felt good running for months. Since then I have had a very painful ankle and have not been able to run on itimage 

I haven't been able to get to the pool as my daughter has had a bad week and can't leve her for very long. Hopefully get the the pool at the crack of dawn tomorrow so I can get home before OH goes to work! At least I don't have to go to work for another couple of weeksimage

• Options

aaw MWW I hope your ankle heals quickly and ((()))) for your daughter.

It is way too hot to do anything at the moment, the heat is making me feel quite sick and headachy. I will either go for a run tonight or get the bike out, but will do some thing today.

• Options

An hour's bike ride followed by weights and stretches - on my way back to fitness!

The German weathermen are predicting the 2003 record temperature of 40.3 may well be beaten today!  It's certainly very hot and no sign of a cloud.

• Options
    ((())) MWW hope your ankle is OK and image for not having to go to work for a couple more weeks,but image to hear that your daughter is having a bad week. Hope that she picks up this week (())

Yeah BI image how did your hip feel?

Hope you have a good cycle or run RP and that it cools down for you.

Guess you don't want to hear about my run in the nice cool fog this morning then image can't believe it was my last long, long run, where has the time gone? image 33k done which included cliff paths and hills image
  • Options

good luck with the run or bike tonight RP

well done BI hope the hip's ok, and i thought it was hot here

good running s'berry, hope you are feeling ok

• Options

Hip feels fine, thanks.

God it's hot!

• Options

Morning all

RP - hope you managed to get some exercise yesterday!

S'berry - well doen on your long run...especially the hillsimage

BI - has it cooled down where you are?

It has been feeling very warm here in Swansea but overcast and lots of rain! I have been for a swim this morning as ankle is not up to running! I am waiting for the dentist to open to try and get an appointment, toothache is really getting on my nerves!

• Options

MWW - nope, although there are now one or two wispy clouds to be seen.

Hope your daughter is doing better today.

• Options
    Afternoon all image

Well done on your swim MWW what have you done to your ankle? Hope you got a dentist appointment

BI think you need an ice cream ( or two) to cool yourself down image

I'm still moving and the aches in my feet and knees have eased today, so a happy Berry today image looking forward to my swim this evening though image

Just found out that my Mum has treated us to first class rail tickets so I can travel back in style image
  • Options

Ice cream sounds like a great idea! But got to go to swim training in half an hour.

Did another hot bike ride today to collect my car after its service, then downed 3 large cold drinks, had a cool shower and washed out my sweat-soaked bike clothes. Sky is now grey and looking ike a storm is brewing, hope it holds off until after swimming, we only have 3 more nights in the outdoor pool before it closes for the winter. Still, we'll be able to swim in the lakes for a good while yet.

• Options

well done on the swim MWW, hope you got a dentist appointment

hope your swimming went well s'berry and BI

• Options

yes thanks, good session tonight, coach had us doing some fist drills first, then 200m intervals, followed by counting strokes and reducing the number on each successive 50m. Finished up with an 800m cool-down.

• Options
    Great swimming BI glad the weather held for you image

I only managed 40 lengths yesterday, before I ran out of energy! Am trying to talk myself into going for my run tonight. Hubby is currently at the gym and I meant to go afterwards, but I really can't be ar$ed image

Hope everyone is well
  • Options

Yep - took Charly to the dog club last night, let Nemo go swimming with John instead, it was much too hot for him. Charly did well for his first little workout, I'm walking him by my side with a treat in my hand, when I stop he has to sit before he gets the treat. He cottoned on to it pretty quickly and is sitting without a command as soon as I stop. Good beginning. I also put him into a kennel to get him used to it, at first he whined a bit but soon stopped. When I went to check on him he was sleeping! I took him out to watch when the older dogs started attack work, he was very interested in what they were doing. Bodes well for future training - of course it will be a long while before he gets to that. He must be 15 months old before taking his first obedience test, so that's next year at this time.

• Options

Hello all

BI - sounds like  the trainign has already started..well done Charlyimage

SB - maybe you need a day off?

I am feeling a bit better today, got to dentist yesterday and toothache nearly gone now..just two more rounds of treatment to complete root canal work! My ankle is still very sore, going to ice and rest for a few days and see how it is at the weekend.

• Options

great swimming BI, sound's like a very clever dog

only 40 lengths s'berry i would like to swim that far

glad you're feeling better MWW, ouch for the treatment. hope the ankle get's better soon  

• Options
    Great start for Charly BI image

Glad you've had some treatment for the dreaded toothache, it's such a horrible pain. Hope your ankle responds to the TLC

Hi Q how are you ?

I went for a run last night, only 8k and the only thing that made me run was I needed to start breaking in some new shoes for my challenge. The good thing is that it turned out to be a fairly good run image Had boxing tonight hard work but good.
  • Options

hi s'berry i'm fine, how are you. well done on your run and boxing

• Options

BI the swim session sounds good. Well done on the dog training. Every dog owner should have to do it!

S'berry Sounds like you could do with a kick out the door?image

MWW I know the feeling with the dentist, I am suffering from very sensitive teeth, they have sealed 3 off them but I think I may have an abcess ( not causing pain at the mo) I am back at the dentist in 2 weeks time.

I went swimming in the lake last night, I was at the furthest point when a lunder storm, decided to come over. Well, I never swum so fast in all my life. These  thunder clouds came from nowhere, it was sunny!!!

swam this morning, 1.9km in 41 mins and ran 6 miles wilst little RP rode his new bike.

• Options

RP - you're faster than me. Good swimming.

• Options

BI why, thank you!. I have spent this summer trying to get faster. Since january I have knocked 16 minutes off my time all with the help of that Swim smooth book.

Club run tonight, quite exited as it is the first run with the club in 2 years.

• Options

Hi everyone.  I'm desperately trying to catch up with life after 3 weeks away and a busy week this week.  I've not been running, but my foot held up for the hiking holiday (after M performed a small op with the swiss army knife and a pair of tweezers image).  Might have to go back to the docs to get it checked again, as my toes are changing shape and are quite painful, and there is yet more shoe trying to get out of the wound...
    Ouch for the toothache MWW, I hope the last two treatments do the trick.
    Well done with the swimming RP.
    Sounds like you've got your dogs well under control BI
    Great training Sberry - not long now!
    Hi Q *waves*

I hope everyone else is well and training happily...

• Options
    Well done on the swimming RP, novel speed training image glad you're seeing the improvements after all the hard work you've put in image

Hi Pegg gald your foot held up for your holiday image even with the impromptu operation image hope you get some answers from the doctors about your toes and if there is anymore shoe left in your foot!! What was the weather like?

I had boxing tonight, I almost cancelled as I couldn't be bothered, but I'm glad I went although he did punish me as I didn't do anything for the last two days image seem to have caught a dose of CBA image Two weeks to go - where on earth did that time go?
  • Options

Last night of summer swimming training tonight wrapped up with a swim and run race between the adults and juniors, followed by a water polo game and finished off with cake. Great evening.

• Options

well done on the swimming and running RP, liked the speed session on the lake, think i'll stick to the pool when i swim. hope the club run went well

hi pegg hope you get the feet sorted out

well done on the boxing s'berry, hope you get rid of the CBA'S

well done on the swim and run session BI

• Options

Grandad Q - well I didn't actually run, not allowed to until Christmas! I acted as referee and timekeeper - rules were that if the juniors lappd the seniors by more than 3 in 15 minutes, they won. Actually it ended up seniors 14 laps, juniors 17 laps. Then those of us who wanted to just swim weaved in and out of the polo players.

• Options

Sounds fun BI!

It was hot Sberry - 30 degrees most days and just one day of rain.  I was melting!  I loved the middle of the night thunderstorms though, they went on for hours image