Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options

Pegg welcome back, it looks like you had a fab time.

BI sounds lovely the water activities!

National club relays today, I was worried I would be the slowest in the team (I didn't know any of my team)  but I wasn't, thank dog, in fact I was the fastest on the bike, which as you can see, I am chuffed about. I don't know about this short fast swim malarky, I'd rather do the longer swims any day!

10 mile road race in Chesterfield tomorrow, just to kill myself off!

and finally a quick bone to pick with S'berryimage  CBA's, no chance, get you back side ingear, you ahve a challenge soon, don't you?image

• Options
    Evening all

BI sounds like a fun evening was had by all image

Pegg hope that means you had all the sun and it will be cooler when I go image please be cooler when I'm there!!

RP very well done on the relay and good luck tomorrow image

I'm scared now RP wants to pick one of my bones image CBA's have been banished, easy to say today as it's a rest day, and I have to stick to the plan don't Iimage to be honest I couldn't have done anything as hubby was working all day and this evening, and the bike has recently been niggling my knee so I didn't want to risk it. Tomorrow is my last long run of 24k then I enter taper madness image
  • Options

OH went out with a mountain biker group today and managed to fall off twice - came home with cuts down both legs. My man is really accident prone, I swear he has more scars than skin on his shins! Told him to put some plasters on the worst ones. otherwise he'll get blood all over his bed sheets. The worst cuts are really oozing.

Tomorrow is the annual bike day for our area, the main road ( about 60 miles) is closed to cars from 10am until 6pm and all the way along there are food and drink stalls and other attractions. Huge all-day fest!  Last year the police estimate of participants was 30,000 people!

• Options
    Ouch for your OH BI have a good cycle today, sounds like a fun day out image

Well the CBA's have definitely been sent packing. Just finished my run this morning 25k done and dusted (even did an extra 1k image) it was bloody painful though, knees feet and ankles. Not sure how I much further I would have been able to go!

But now I enter the world of taper madness image
  • Options

hope you had a good day BI, ouch for your other half

well done on the run s'berry, good luck with the taper

i ran 7 mile's this morning the longest run this year, now heading down the sea front to see the east coast trucker's drive through

• Options

Sounds like a great day BI image

Good running Sberry - the adrenaline will take you the rest of the way I'm sure image

Well done Q for the run.  I hope this afternoon was fun?

Congrats on the fastest cycle RP.  I hope the race went well today?

M was possessed by demons this morning and dragged me out of bed at 7am for a run image.  Just under 3 miles, to see how my foot coped but he through in a hill 'just to test it properly'.  I did it - my first run since early June!  Now I've got tight hamstrings but the foot coped well.  I need to see the doc though, as the tendon damage is still making my foot and leg jump around randomly.  It's annoying me, but now it's annoying M too just sitting next to me!!

• Options

Pegg M ran with you at 7am?

BI that cycle sounds lovely, I wish they did one here.

Race went better than expected. It was rather hilly, 3.5 miles up hill, 0.25miles down, another big hill followed by a mile steady climb, then 3 miles down hill, another big hill then flat for the rest of it, 10 miles in 1hr 28 mins and a negative split to boot.

• Options

well done on the run pegg, hope you get the tendon's sorted soon

well done on the race RP

• Options

RP - that's a great time for such a hilly run, really good going.  Yep he ran with me.  Or in front of me, I should say.  He's threatening to get an elastic band to go around both of us to make me go faster image.  I think 7am tomorrow has been mentioned... image

• Options

Thanks Q.  I had a bit of a sit on the roller this evening which helped a bit.  Maybe a sports massage would help image

• Options

image worth a try Pegg

I just can't decide what to do today!

• Options

Hello all

Pegg - well done on your run, foam roller should help!

Cabby - how is your return to running going?

I started my day with accupuncture, now hope to make the most of having hubby home so I can try and rest my ankle. Two weeks on and not getting any better. Haven't been able to get a physio appointment (at least not one I can get to) as my daughter hasn't been too good and didn't want to leave her for long. Appointment now booked for Friday!

• Options
    Morning all sorry not been around but I've been busy getting the house ready for the in-laws coming, they are bring Aberry back with them, I've not seen her for 7 1/2 weeks image but she is home tomorrow imageimage plus I've been trying to do something fun with Mberry so we're not just cleaning, tidying etc and also trying to get stuff sorted for them going back to school and also for my trip and not forgetting training too.

Talking of which I had an amazing boxing session last night image although I caused much amusement to a couple of lads up there when I was walking outside on VERY jelly legs to go and do the steps, which I was made to do 6 times how I made it back inside I don't know, but I did only to be told to do lunges image

Well done on the hilly race RP great time image

Pegg how is your foot? Well done on the early run. I'm planning on using the elastic band on some poor unknowing body for them to drag me up the mountain image
  • Options
    Aberry is back imageimage after 7 1/2 weeks away. I can't believe how much she has grown !! She's not that happy that I'm going away on Tuesday image
  • Options

S'berry aaw bless, I take it she enjoyed herself?

I'm really not feeling well, I have sensitive teeth and a sore face on one side. I have had a trip to the dentist, twice and now the doctors. Dentist diagnosed thin enamel on my teeth but couldn't explain the sore face. Doctor hasn't got a clue and suggested the dentistimage wtf. Now on anti b's and work hassling me to go back, but it is just to painful when the breeze gets my teeth, talking, eating also trigger intense pain. I'm feeling very sorry for myself

• Options
    Ouch RP sounds painfull (()) hope you find some answers soon and the anti b's work quickly

Yes she enjoyed herself loads, but was pleased to come home image
  • Options

hope you get sorted quickly RP

• Options
    Morning all image

Missed you all as haven't had much computer time lately.

Wow S'berry... It's almost time. I tell you, that's flew over. I bet you missed A'berry after 7.5 weeks away?

Boo to the poorly face RP, hope you get it sorted. I see you're still cycling ridiculous distances. Well done. How is the mars training going?

Glad to hear your foot is improving Pegg. That's the thing about feet... If they aren't quite right you're pretty knackered. Great to hear yours is on the mend image

Hi to Mad, Q and anyone else around (apologies, only read this page). I'm up to 6 minutes run and 2 mins walk (only to a mile) but I reckon I could run a mile now but everyone around me is taking the over cautious approach and making me come back slowly. I am told that my previous fitness will enable me to get back fit really really quick.... Here's hoping so, I have entered a marathon for December 2nd image It feels good to be getting back to it. It feels like I've had this foot injury for half my lifeimage
  • Options
    *mars* .... Doh, meant mara training RP image
  • Options
    Morning all image

Great news that you're on the comeback trail Cabbey imageand making plans already image

How are you feeling today RP?

Well I've just finished my last run over here, my next run will be in the mountains image I have two short runs planned at altitude and then the next one will be THE one eeeek

I'm looking forward to it in a strange way, but am also terrified as well
  • Options

great news cabbey good luck for the marathon

good running s'berry, you'll be fine for it

7 mile's this morning, everything seem's to clicking just nicely right now

• Options
    I'll be so glad to say I'm up to 7 miles Q, that's great, well done.

Wow S'berry... Running at altitude next. Can't wait to hear how you get on. You've worked hard and deserve the best result image
  • Options

Hi all

CabbeyWhat mara have you entered?. what mara training? haven't done any at all, i'm gonna blag it. If I can do a half ironman, a mara will be a doddle ( fingers crossed!)

Hence all the stupid bike distances

still feeling sh*t, at least I can eat and the breeze isn't affecting it now. (climbing the walls was not nice) I think the infection is quite deep routed and my body is fighting it, all my glands are up. Anti b's must be working..just not fast enough!

Mr RP dragged me out of bed this morning to go watch him do a tri, he came 2nd and I bumped into Doctor Pixie from 'embarrasing bodies' whilst there.

Eeek it is less than a week till the HIM...not panicking reallyimage

• Options
    Evening all

Well I'm all packed and ready to go, I currently in a "let's just get this over and done with" mood I'm sure that will change several times in the next few days!!

RP hope the antibiotics are working well and good luck for your HIM, not that you need it image well done to Mr RP fantastic result

Q you're coming back strong image

Hope that you are all well and training goes well and I'll see you when I return image
  • Options
    Good luck Sberry, and good luck RP too