Options

Midweek Madness Delamere Forest 10k

Comments

• Options
    St Domingo wrote (see)
    To true Mark. I'm thinking of doing the Warrington half but I've got something on later that day. I've been telling everyone "don't worry it's only a half I'll be fine."

haha I am exactly the same I think its only a 1/2 and then 10 miles into it I am normally thinking argggh another 3.1 miles to go image but still its all part of the fun and that is why we all keep signing up!

blue steve wrote (see)
    St Domingo , am also thinking of doing the warrington half or the Garstang running club half the week later. Leaning more to the Garstang half as I did a 10 miler there a couple of years back and that was a good race. Just a thought Mark have you thought of putting on a 10 miler about a month before the liverpool half marathon . I think it would be popular
    Funny you should ask Steve, I have spoke to a few people about hosting a event in preparation for the runliverpool marathon and we have had some great feedback, it will be more of a timed training run, a 20 mile out and back run out and back along the trans penine trail from halewood to aintree and back. at the end of august, we wouldnt have time to arrange medals & chip timing etc so entry cost will be just a few £ to cover the cost of hosting the run, would this be of interest to you?
  • Options
    Mark on holiday for 2 weeks after the midweek madness. Otherwise i would have been up for it . its a pity because the cycle track goes right past my house at the Aintree end.
    dont think people would want medals or chip timing as it would be a good quality prep run/race for the marathon. good luck with it any way.
  • Options
    Blue Steve, the Garstang half is only 2 weeks before the marathon then? That's a bit to close for me. The Warrington half is three weeks out so should be no problem racing it.
  • Options

Hi Everyone, here is a picture of the mugs & medals for the Delamere forest "MIDWEEK MADNESS" 10k

Looking forward to giving them all out to some very deserving runners on the 17th August 2011 image

http://www.bugruns.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/DSC02139.jpg

• Options

Hi everyone, we still have plenty of spaces available in this event so if you have not signed up already please do sa asap as there is only 15 days left before the race image

• Options

Below is a few pictures of various points of the course, as you can see the course truelly is multi-terrain and really scenic

smilies/smile_smiley.gif

http://www.bugruns.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/delamere-course.jpg

• Options
    Oh no its worse than i thought , the ribbon is red as well.
    Mark are you trying to wind me and St Domingo up ?
  • Options
    blue steve wrote (see)
    Oh no its worse than i thought , the ribbon is red as well. Mark are you trying to wind me and St Domingo up ?
    haha dont panic your getting blue ones at Speke Hall 10k in October to balance things out image

you must admit they do look good even in red! image

Are you doing the Run Liverpool big heart 5k? that is a great event with lots of local banter to be hadimage
  • Options
    Thanks for posting the pictures Mark. My Wife and I are really looking forward to the run.
  • Options
    As an Evertonian i find the red medal ribbon offensive.....I was about to join this race too! image
  • Options
    Nicholas Blades wrote (see)
    Thanks for posting the pictures Mark. My Wife and I are really looking forward to the run.
    No problem Nicholas, I hope you and your wife have a great run image
    Pazpez wrote (see)
    As an Evertonian i find the red medal ribbon offensive.....I was about to join this race too! image
    Think I need to start avoiding the colours red & blue and stick to more neutral colours image haha
  • Options

Just a bit of a update for you all.

We decided to cap entry to this event at 400 runners because there is in my opinion nothing worse than a over subscribed trail run, and becuase I thought 400 for the first time the event was taking place is a realistic expectation image

The event is just 14 days away image and I have just had a quick count and we have just over 100 places in the race remaining! so hopefully we will sell out the event.

We use runnersworld to process our online entry and they charge a small commission to the runners for processing payment etc, so as the event is so close I have decided that we will pay the commission for anyone entering online between now and the event so Affiliated entry is £15 and standard entry is £17 and not a penny moreimage

So please take advantage of this and sign up online as it is the cheapest and most convenient way to enter this event.

Race packs are being posted out from Friday, these will include race day information, race number, timing chip (these are disposable), and a parking permit to allow you free use of the forest car parks.

We will have a baggage tent on the night however please do not leave valuable items in your baggage.

We have arranged for the Delamere visitor cafe to remain open late so runners and spectators can purchase food & drinks as I realise many people will be coming directly from work.

We will also have Gina from sports injury uk in attendance to provide post race rub downs for all them tired legs image

Our pa commentator is more than happy to give you a shout out so if there is anything you would like mentioned please either let myself know prior to the day or ask the pa guy on the day.

I am really excited about this event and I believe that it will be one you will all enjoy, there is a few challenging sections of the course but all that means is you will feel a even bigger sense of achievement when your done!

Mark

• Options
    Not doing the 5k as i need to do 16 miles on sunday, but if i get out early enough ill be back to support the runners . I only live round the corner so it would be rude not to support all the runners.
    Are the running bugs running down the cycle track to the 5k ?
  • Options
    blue steve wrote (see)
    Not doing the 5k as i need to do 16 miles on sunday, but if i get out early enough ill be back to support the runners . I only live round the corner so it would be rude not to support all the runners. Are the running bugs running down the cycle track to the 5k ?
    Not a bad idea Steve, I am not sure yet, I was thinking of doing a long one on Saturday and then do the big heart on Sunday
  • Options

Hi Mark,

Please can you give me a buzz on my mobile as I am in Liverpool on Monday and would be good to meet up.

Thanks, Rich @ Active

• Options
    Richard Edwards 26 wrote (see)

Hi Mark,

Please can you give me a buzz on my mobile as I am in Liverpool on Monday and would be good to meet up.

Thanks, Rich @ Active

R
    Richard Edwards 26 wrote (see)

Hi Mark,

Thanks, Rich @ Active

Rich, sorry I could not make today, I just have a lot on at the minute with the final preperations for this run. probably be better to meet up some time after next week, I will be in touch.

Mark

• Options

Hi Guys,

We had hoped to attract 400 runners to this event and with just over 300 registered I think we are definatly going to come close image

Race packs went out today and so they should be with you all in the next day or two, any entries recieved between now and the race will collect there race packs on the night.

Please keep your entries coming in image

Mark

• Options

Hi Mark

I've been dithering with this one as although I can manage a flat 10k in just over an hour I have never run a trail race but after reading your reassurance to Rachel and Lynne on previous posts I have now registered and am looking forward to it.

Thanks, see you next week

Dawn

• Options
    Dawn Schofield 2 wrote (see)

Hi Mark

I've been dithering with this one as although I can manage a flat 10k in just over an hour I have never run a trail race but after reading your reassurance to Rachel and Lynne on previous posts I have now registered and am looking forward to it.

Thanks, see you next week

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

That is great, I think you will enjoy every second of it image 

The views that you will take in around the course will hopefully inspire you to try more of this type of event.

See you next week.

Mark

• Options
    Only a week to go , just hope we get good weather for the run.
  • Options
    blue steve wrote (see)
    Only a week to go , just hope we get good weather for the run.

I Always like a bot of rain when running, but it is the poor marshals and other members of the event team I feel sorry for standing out in the rain.

Fingers crossed we will have a nice dry evening image

• Options
    I hope ive got some energy left for wednesday . Hoping to do 18 miles on Sunday and then a club run on Tuesday.
  • Options
    be careful blue steve doing a club run the day before a race. i did that a couple of weeks ago and wished i hadn't as i stood on the start line for the race.
  • Options
    I need to get as much training in as possible ,off to the villa in spain next weekend for a couple of weeks. I tend not to train on holiday so planning for a big week before i go.
    Just want to enjoy the 10k ,and hopefully do a few more of roaders after the liverpool marathon.
    Only been a member of the club for 3 months and i feel low when i miss a club run.
  • Options

Morning all image

What a great weekend, the start of the new premier league season and only days away from the BUGRUNS! Delamere forest "MIDWEEK MADNESS" 10k image

We still have places available so if you have not signed up yet you can still do so online and pick your number up on the night. Entry on the night will be available but will be subject to a additional £2 per entry

See you all on Wednesday!

• Options
    MY brother and i are thinking of running this can we pay on the night?
  • Options

Hi Ste,

Entry on the night will be available but will be subject to a additional £2 per entry.

You can enter online right up untill Tuesday evening, this is the cheapest and most convenient way to enter.

Hopefully see you on Wednesday image

Mark

• Options
    Hello Mark, your PR machine was out on the trans pennie route today while I was doing a 20 mile run. I was told by a lad on a bike with a young girl about the 20 mile training race. He didn't plug the delamere race though.

Looking forward to Wednesday now I've got that run out the way .
  • Options
    Mark another thread has sprung up with would be runners on it .
    Reel them in mate ,
  • Options
    StDomingo wrote (see)
    Hello Mark, your PR machine was out on the trans pennie route today while I was doing a 20 mile run. I was told by a lad on a bike with a young girl about the 20 mile training race. He didn't plug the delamere race though. Looking forward to Wednesday now I've got that run out the way .
    haha I have been on a bike ride with him tonight and he was telling me that he mentioned it to a few people along the tp it was my brother and my niece.
    blue steve wrote (see)
    Mark another thread has sprung up with would be runners on it . Reel them in mate ,

Hi Steve

Just seen it then runnersworld was listing the event as closed I have sorted it now and posted in the other thread hopefully we have not lost them image