Options

Midweek Madness Delamere Forest 10k

12346»

Comments

• Options

Great event, even though, I too had to walk for the first time ever in a race!. Going up that hill was a bit tough the first time but going up the second time towards the finish made this the hardest race I've ever done. Marathons and Half Marathons will seem easier after this.

If you ever hold this event again count me in. That was my first trail race despite the shock I loved it. Plus the medal is a good quality one and the mug was a nice touch. If anyone missed this, all I can say is if you get the opportunity to do this in the future, do it. It's worth the effort.

• Options
    Thanks for the gps and elevation! I too loved the event! Fantastic. Hope I can make it again next year.
  • Options

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback image hearing how much you all enjoyed Delamere forest "MIDWEEK MADNESS" 10k makes all the hard work worthwhileimage

Please dont forget to check out our other events (there not all as tough as this one!) on our website www.bugruns.org.uk 

Mark

• Options

My first trail run so hills were a complete killer but loved running through the forest and really enjoyed the evening, a well organised event - will be back for another go next year.

Thanks

Dawn

• Options
    Dawn Schofield 2 wrote (see)

My first trail run so hills were a complete killer but loved running through the forest and really enjoyed the evening, a well organised event - will be back for another go next year.

Thanks

Dawn

Great to hear you enjoyed it Dawn.

• Options
    Actually I petition for another trail run in the spring! Trails are ace. There needs to be more trail 5ks and 10ks.
    Thanks again for all your hard work Mark!
  • Options

Hi Mark,

Please can you give me a buzz when you are free so we can arrange to meet up?

Thanks, Rich @ Active

• Options
    David Traxler, bugruns host a 10k in Croxteth Park I think its in june next year. That's got plenty of trails too.
  • Options

A note for those contemplating trail runs in the future , I can assure you that they are not all as hard as this.

After completing this you can consider yourself an "expert" and relate your experiences to your kids or grandchildren in the future,

" I was there ! "

• Options

Was a bit shorter than im used to but good for a bit of a change i like delamere and the event was good!
    I got 186m of elevation for the course with garmin http://connect.garmin.com/activity/107353713. i have the elevation corrections enabled so it should be pretty accurate....? 41.20 for me started a bit slow but im used to ultra paced runs... i have done 2     39.03 10ks on the roads recently with a few ups and downs so i wouldn't call it a good course for a pb ; )
    anyone fancying something a little more extreme with some more hills and mud there is hell runner the 10th and 11th of september in delamere forest too!
    charlie

• Options
    Just a thought too... Mark... what are the chances of a midweek winter one headtorch race?!! that would be pretty unique then i think? apart from a long ultra you don't get many races in the dark!
  • Options
    charlie sharpe wrote (see)
    Just a thought too... Mark... what are the chances of a midweek winter one headtorch race?!! that would be pretty unique then i think? apart from a long ultra you don't get many races in the dark!
    Personally I love the idea Charlie, but I am not sure that I could convince our marshals to stand out in the forest in the dark image it would like you say be unique so you never know!
  • Options
    I would be down for a winter night race!
  • Options

Hi Mark

Really enjoyed the race; it was my first attempt at a 10k so cut my teeth at the hard end I think/hope! that first hill was so tough, but when the Marshall pointed me back up it at 5 miles.......! gonna do a flat one next for a PB and get some hills into my legs for next years delamere run?

Loved the medal and mug but think I earned a t shirt image thanks for arranging it and all the you effort put in, night race sounds good..

• Options

Ian, to do the delamere as your first 10k... fantastic.

you could knock loads off for a flat 10k

• Options

i've done quite a few races in delemere and this was the best course so far. i would have enjoyed it more if i hadnt torn my calf on the first accent of pale heights. was able to complete the race but could have done without the second visit to the viewpoint. now paying the price for running on the injured leg.

would love a night race but delemere may have too many trip hazards.

anyone fancying something a little more extreme with some more hills and mud there is hell runner the 10th and 11th of september in delamere forest too!

it's worth going to watch hellrunner if you dont fancy competing. i was at the "bog of doom" last year. it was very entertaining.
  • Options
    Hi Capp66, pleased you enjoyed the course and hope the injury gets better soon.
  • Options
    thanks mark and look forward to competing in one of your events again though i might have to wait a while as i only race midweek.
  • Options

Hi Mark,

Are you free for a catch up? Thanks, Rich @ Active